IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, ncraft said:

One late arrival this week: Death Wish 4k by Kino Lorber! This puts me at 977 4K's with 28 more ordered.

8gFbbZT.jpeg

U1aZKz8.jpeg

bfGPGhx.jpeg

gTbLEtZ.jpeg

A thousand 4K films. Wow!
Who said physical media is dead and folks only watch streaming. 
In my opinion, watching a film from disc is far superior to streaming. Everything seems better. Picture and sound.
Just wish I had the space for such a collection of films. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

In my opinion, watching a film from disc is far superior to streaming. Everything seems better. Picture and sound.

Thanks Dave! I agree 100%: Streaming doesn't compare to physical media in the slightest, especially with 4k discs. The most important thing is I own the movie. Anytime I want to pick it up and watch it I can. There's been so many times that I've read of streaming services removing content, or movies disappearing from the collection that people have.

Space has definitely sometimes been a concern, as has my potential, untimely, "accidental" death from the wife over the years. 

i also like to live dangerously austin powers GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

Due to self restricted space, I usually stream new films first before deciding whether to get a physical copy. Now as the collection keeps growing, I’ve reluctantly started to keep only the ones I can’t live without. :(

• Like 5

Il y a 11 heures, WillsandDeals a dit :

Opened beauty shots MANTA LAB 2001: a space odyssey Full-slip 

OMG ... it's so beautiful ... the vintage visual is the perfect choice from MLAB 

Every Kubrick movie deserve a premium release with quality like this one ... We never got even great steelbook for "Eyes Wide Shut" or "Barry Lyndon", two masterpiece mostly "Eyes Wide Shut" which was misunderstood by people at theater. 

• Like 6

Awards

1 hour ago, mpmarcel said:

Due to self restricted space, I usually stream new films first before deciding whether to get a physical copy. Now as the collection keeps growing, I’ve reluctantly started to keep only the ones I can’t live without. :(

Back when I collected DVD's I was restricted with the space I had. So I went out and bought DVD albums from Case Logic and kept the cases in boxes. I still have them in those same albums. My mistake was throwing out the cases on purpose during a move in 2011. I'm still sick over my stupid decision. 😡

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, vinny91 said:

OMG ... it's so beautiful ... the vintage visual is the perfect choice from MLAB 

Every Kubrick movie deserve a premium release with quality like this one ... We never got even great steelbook for "Eyes Wide Shut" or "Barry Lyndon", two masterpiece mostly "Eyes Wide Shut" which was misunderstood by people at theater. 

100% 👍

I have yet to see Eyes Wide Shut but I would die for a Premium of Barry Lyndon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rambo said:

some Cinestrange arrivals. Thanks @Reagh and @Gary K for helping me get it all started.

1) Edge of the Axe

2) Dream Home

3) Neighbor

4) It Follows 

5) the Hunted

6) Solomon Kane

7) Killer Mafia 

1138982953_IMG-862311262.thumb.jpg.06d9b9bb52fc5f448219669b143b2158.jpg

Very nice. Do you have all the It Follows editions now? I remember you already had a few. That Hunted is on my list aw well. Keep after him on Blue Velvet 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Very nice. Do you have all the It Follows editions now? I remember you already had a few. That Hunted is on my list aw well. Keep after him on Blue Velvet 😉

I'm still missing A and C, I'd like to complete that set. Most films I'll be happy with one edition, but I won't be satisfied till I have them all on It Follows.

Project Blue Velvet is a go 😉

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Reagh said:

I know exactly what you mean! 

47B981F6-5EE7-4BB3-A7E4-C0F00FAC16F5.thumb.jpeg.4743ceaefcb76397cbb59c5059432d47.jpeg

3C9B506C-3537-413F-A27F-C858BDEC3B5E.thumb.jpeg.d82522f3211e9e720266998cbc230368.jpeg

Project Fargo is directly after. Looking forward to what @Gary K is going to pick. 

sounds good!

how the hell did you get 002! whole set! wow!

The Hunted I got from them is 004, but that's just a one off.

I'll have to make sure I stay on top of their future releases so I can contact Yazid for a whole set, do they have any announcements for 2023?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rambo said:

sounds good!

how the hell did you get 002! whole set! wow!

The Hunted I got from them is 004, but that's just a one off.

I'll have to make sure I stay on top of their future releases so I can contact Yazid for a whole set, do they have any announcements for 2023?

Nothing announced yet, from what I gather they announce one film at a time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Great start to the new week I just received my 2001 Manta Lab Media Psychos GB order 😲

As I did not see anyone post the OC before, I instantly had to make a picture. It is awesome, the OC has a sparkly effect, this way you feel like it is in space 😍. The Bonus Item is supposed to be in the OC, have to wait for someone to open to confirm, but the OC is heavy so I guess that should be true.

FS, SB and OC all already contender for best in 2023, terrific start for Manta Lab

Newsteelbook 441 - Media Psychos - 2001 Manta Lab

Spoiler

1803180931_Newsteelbook441a-MediaPsychos-2001MantaLab.thumb.JPG.089f48310ef27cbc7ac76580566a2734.JPG

650922526_Newsteelbook441b-MediaPsychos-2001MantaLab.thumb.JPG.e16a5af1883c7c4e3790b062943344c1.JPG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1