nefilim

English Room

7 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

Hi @nefilim how's the new 4K player working out , are you pleased with it , how many 4K movies you got already...

It's working fan...no FANTASTIC. LOL. I'm totally happy with it. Nothing to complain.  I have only 8 4K films so far, but many more ordered or pre-ordred. Thank you for asking !

Awards

Evil Dead (2013) unrated. I just found out about this one. Are you aware of it ?

I take that this threatrical cut (own it) : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Evil-Dead-Steelbook-Blu-ray-DVD/dp/B00CG6KTTS

and this is, well unrated LOL : http://cdon.fi/elokuvat/evil_dead_(2013)_unrated_version_(blu-ray)-39758230

@ukade2327 @Hatori @larson1977

Awards

1 hour ago, nefilim said:

It's working fan...no FANTASTIC. LOL. I'm totally happy with it. Nothing to complain.  I have only 8 4K films so far, but many more ordered or pre-ordred. Thank you for asking !

I stepped on the 4K/UHD train as well :)

Got around 25 UHD titles now. You have a UHD/4K television @nefilim?

2 minutes ago, larson1977 said:

I stepped on the 4K/UHD train as well :)

Got around 25 UHD titles now. You have a UHD/4K television @nefilim?

Of course I do ! What kind of question is that ? LOL.

What's your favourite aka what looks best ? I'd love to have hints what to buy.

Btw. Where are going to post 4K/UHD releases here ?

Awards

9 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Evil Dead (2013) unrated. I just found out about this one. Are you aware of it ?

I take that this threatrical cut (own it) : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Evil-Dead-Steelbook-Blu-ray-DVD/dp/B00CG6KTTS

and this is, well unrated LOL : http://cdon.fi/elokuvat/evil_dead_(2013)_unrated_version_(blu-ray)-39758230

@ukade2327 @Hatori @larson1977

Got both these editions. Also got the POP-art steel and ordered all editions from Nameless Media:

evil-dead-special-edition.jpg

evil-dead-cover-a.jpgevil-dead-cover-b.jpg

evil-dead-cover-c.jpgevil-dead-cover-d.jpg

I love this movie..... UhUMMM I think it's even better than the original ;)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Of course I do ! What kind of question is that ? LOL.

What's your favourite aka what looks best ? I'd love to have hints what to buy.

Btw. Where are going to post 4K/UHD releases here ?

I asked because you can have a television OR a projector ;)

I play my UHD discs on an Oppo 203 and JVC X500 projector. 

My fave's are definitly 'Revenant', 'Life of Pi', 'The Shallows' and 'Planet Earth II' :wow:

But also 'Goodfellas' is IMO a subtle improvement and because it's my all-time favorite mob movie, I just have to have it :)

But be aware, there are some pretty awful ones available like in the beginning with HD-DVD & BD

Just now, larson1977 said:

I asked because you can have a television OR a projector ;)

I play my UHD discs on an Oppo 203 and JVC X500 projector. 

My fave's are definitly 'Revenant', 'Life of Pi', 'The Shallows' and 'Planet Earth II' :wow:

But also 'Goodfellas' is IMO a subtle improvement and because it's my all-time favorite mob movie, I just have to have it :)

But be aware, there are some pretty awful ones available like in the beginning with HD-DVD & BD

True. My bad.

You have awesome gear. When I grow up and have lot's of money I will buy Oppo too. LOL. They make IMO the best players. But they ain't cheap. And here in Finland were everything is more expensive than else where they are even more expensive. Oppo 203 is 849 €. Yep !

Next 4K I'm gonna watch is Revenant.

Awards

3 hours ago, nefilim said:

@larson1977 Cool ! So that is a new/longer version of the 2013 movie ?

Hi @nefilim I've had a look on moviecensorship.com and there are 27 differences between the theatrical cut and the extended cut totaling 4":50 secs , I'll have another scout on the net and see what's available but there's no UK unrated version , it says on the moviecencorship website that an uncut version was shown on UK TV  on Ch 4 by mistake , apparently they were sent the wrong master .....1st and only time it will be shown ,missed that ? maybe its available as a digital download....?..?