IGNORED

Schindler's List (RaroFilm Studios Exclusive #008) (4K UHD/ 2D Blu-ray) [Italy]

ShadowWarrior

• ★ Administrators ★

Google Translation of the Italian announcement

It is with great emotion that today, on the day of remembrance, we have the honor of presenting you the new Limited by RaroFilm Studios created for the 30th anniversary of a work that means much more than in Film 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗟𝗘𝗥'𝗦 𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗧 will be offered in two Fullslip versions + a ONECLICK "Wall" Edition whose cover was created by the artist Davide Morettini and which will be offered with its own hologram number collection and exclusive commemorative metal plates! In a few days, we will present the contents of the boxes with all the details of the pre-order which will start shortly. Thank you all from RaroFilm Studios and may these horrors remain as a reminder, only in the history books! No to racism in all its forms and W Cinema ... in all its expressions! RareFilm Studios

• Like 2

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Google Translation of the Italian announcement

It is with great emotion that today, on the day of remembrance, we have the honor of presenting you the new Limited by RaroFilm Studios created for the 30th anniversary of a work that means much more than in Film 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗟𝗘𝗥'𝗦 𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗧 will be offered in two Fullslip versions + a ONECLICK "Wall" Edition whose cover was created by the artist Davide Morettini and which will be offered with its own hologram number collection and exclusive commemorative metal plates! In a few days, we will present the contents of the boxes with all the details of the pre-order which will start shortly. Thank you all from RaroFilm Studios and may these horrors remain as a reminder, only in the history books! No to racism in all its forms and W Cinema ... in all its expressions! RareFilm Studios

Hi buddy

Very poignant & heartfelt  message ,thank you 

This film is very special , I remember going into a trance on watching it

And it made me want to study more about WW2 and  this strange period of human history 

Whilst history is always written by the victors , I read about this period with an open mind...trying to understand why humans act the way they do..

How can we be capable of so much kindness and atrocities at the same time , and our capacity to self destruct...

Why do we put millions of lives at risk for a couple of metres of land..why so much intolerance of race and religion 

All these questions were raised by watching Schindlers list 

That is the profound impact of movies ...

And that is why we love them..

@extantsrevenge I am intrigued by this edition 

I own every premium edition of this film, so would love to ask you a bit more about this retailer..

It is unknown to me, even though it is their #008 release 

What are their previous works..are they good (is there a section on MP for this retailer)

And will this edition be a worthwhile addition to the already lovely premiums from the past ..

Any thoughts are welcome here to help with my decision 

Thanks 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Parzival said:

What are their previous works..are they good (is there a section on MP for this retailer)

And will this edition be a worthwhile addition to the already lovely premiums from the past ..

https://mediapsychos.com/tags/RaroFilms/

They are a new retailer so there’s really nothing I can share with you other than what’s in the link above. I believe Elvis was our first GB for this retailer & as far as I know no one has received a copy yet. MY OPINION: They look like pretty cool collector editions, but way overpriced for non steelbook editions. That said if they release a film I love, I would jump on a GB in a heartbeat. 

Hope that helps a little. 

Reagh

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Reagh said:

https://mediapsychos.com/tags/RaroFilms/

They are a new retailer so there’s really nothing I can share with you other than what’s in the link above. I believe Elvis was our first GB for this retailer & as far as I know no one has received a copy yet. MY OPINION: They look like pretty cool collector editions, but way overpriced for non steelbook editions. That said if they release a film I love, I would jump on a GB in a heartbeat. 

Hope that helps a little. 

Reagh

The limited nature of these has me intrigued, and some of the titles too, but there is something off still, in terms of price and design.  Although this one is the most tempted I've been to jump in.  I have seen Elvis on the secondary market occasionally, so they do seem to be out there.

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

@Parzival I don't really know that much about this retailer, as it is so new. We have done several GBs and are expecting the arrival of the first shipment from the Elvis GB. Check out some of the other RT and BS. The Full BS and more details about this release are expected soon and we will share them here as soon as we get them.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
57 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

The limited nature of these has me intrigued, and some of the titles too, but there is something off still, in terms of price and design.  Although this one is the most tempted I've been to jump in.  I have seen Elvis on the secondary market occasionally, so they do seem to be out there.

oh yes they are out there and we have received some of the first shipments and will be getting them off to our Members asap !

Take care

John

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Parzival said:

Hi buddy

Very poignant & heartfelt  message ,thank you 

This film is very special , I remember going into a trance on watching it

And it made me want to study more about WW2 and  this strange period of human history 

Whilst history is always written by the victors , I read about this period with an open mind...trying to understand why humans act the way they do..

How can we be capable of so much kindness and atrocities at the same time , and our capacity to self destruct...

Why do we put millions of lives at risk for a couple of metres of land..why so much intolerance of race and religion 

All these questions were raised by watching Schindlers list 

That is the profound impact of movies ...

And that is why we love them..

@extantsrevenge I am intrigued by this edition 

I own every premium edition of this film, so would love to ask you a bit more about this retailer..

It is unknown to me, even though it is their #008 release 

Thanks 

Hi @Parzival,

this movie is also one of my favorites so i can understand your interest in it for sure.

Your questions allow me only to answer subjectively and so that is what i will do ....

RaroFilms is a new Company in the sense of them trying the Premium market.  I can say for my part , and this has been discussed with them already , they have a long way to go in some areas, like quality.  I would say due to the nature of them being so "new" to the Premium world , they are not up to par with other Retailers at this time.  

If you are looking for close to perfection like EOT Broad Nation 😁😁, i can say up till now you will be very disappointed.  

I do though think that Rarofilms has taken the critical feedback  from the public as well as from us and will convert that to a better project so that they have something not at the top (as that will take time and experience) but at least somewhere closer to what we should expect of them. 

If you want to give them a try , why not , but please let your expectations be that of what you would expect from a new comer to the game.... 

I myself will purchase the Schindler's List edition , if not only because like i stated it is one of my favorite movies. 

To sum it all up in comparison to other Premium Retailers , they are very very pale , and have a long way to go.  I have the one edition Elvis in my hands and already see many many chances for improvement . 

These are just my PERSONAL thoughts in the matter.

Take care

John

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

• ★ Administrators ★

I haven’t yet held any of their releases in hand, but from the beauty shots and general “feel” I’m not surprised by @Masterblaster‘s personal opinion.

That said, I want to support a new retailer making interesting film choices that seems to have enthusiasm for the premium market and that’s why I have purchased many of their upcoming releases.  I will likely sign up for this one as well particularly since I also revere this film.

Gary

• Like 8

Terrible artwork. The word List is spelt wrong on the memory edition. Since when does List have an "E" at the end? The background of the memory edition is all out of line, nothing is proportional. And the main artwork on the Werk edition - what the? Are they figures from Close Encounters of the third kind?! How lazy is this art? A movie of this magnitude should deserve respect and dignity. And using the day of remembrance for business purposes? Disgusting.

And the final nail in the coffin - I've heard through the grapevine that they don't even have the license approval for this since Cinemuseum tried to release this a few years back but the artwork didn't get approved. Are you telling me that this project, this artwork seriously got approved?! Hilarious and doubtful 

• Like 4

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Schindler's List (RaroFilm Studios Exclusive #008) (4K UHD/ 2D Blu-ray) [Italy]
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...