Open Club  ·  64 members  ·  Free

"Shaken, Not Stirred"
IGNORED

Who should be the next James Bond?

Boilersteel

https://www.timeout.com/news/everything-we-know-about-bond-26-so-far-010523

According to the website above we are looking at Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Henry Cavill, Regé-Jean Page, James Norton, Tom Hardy, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Dan Stevens, Idris Elba, and Aidan Turner.  But never know could be someone else.

James Bond GIF

• Thanks 2

Thanks @Boilersteel for this interesting topic

I personally would have loved to see Idris Elba play Bond

But he may have missed the boat and perhaps a tad old now 

Richard Madden may be a left field choice ..

Please not Henry Cavill, we can't have one actor playing both Superman and Bond

There isn't such a dearth of talent, surely

• Like 2

Anyone... anyone but Cavill.

BestIllinformedCrow-max-1mb.gif

The most bland, uncharismatic leading man working today. I wasn't a fan of Craig either but that had more to do with his appearance rather than his acting chops or screen presence, both of which he had to spare. 

My ideal choice would have been Tom Hiddleston (The Night Manager certainly proved he has what it takes to tackle the part) but as it seems he's out of the equation, I'll settle for Hardy. None of the choices listed above inspire me and tbh I wouldn't have cared if the producers decided to end the series with NTTD.

There's so much you can do with a character like Bond and for me, the magic of the 60's and 70's era Bond can never be replicated.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

At the moment I don't really have anyone in mind to play this legendary role. I certainly don't want Aaron Taylor-Johnson who has somehow surafaced in the news surrounding this.

I think it might be good if they looked at relatively unknown actors, but that might also turn out bad. Some of the names we heard are not that known yet and I'm not very excited about any of them 🤔

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I think the part leads itself to a relative unknown.

You have to see the character and not the "star" or actor, which is difficult to pull off with a lot of these big name actors.

Other than that, I think @R1s1ngs0n would make an excellent Bond. 

You make a great point.  And in addition to this, to lock someone up for years, for many movies, it has to be someone willing to devote their career to being Bond.  Most stars will not want to do that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

At the moment I don't really have anyone in mind to play this legendary role. I certainly don't want Aaron Taylor-Johnson who has somehow surafaced in the news surrounding this.

I think it might be good if they looked at relatively unknown actors, but that might also turned out bad. Some of the names we heard are not that known yet and I'm not very excited about any of them 🤔

I understand what you're saying, but I wasn't very excited about Daniel Craig, and he is now my second fav Bond after Connery.  Having read all the books, he feels the most "authentic" to me.  That doesn't mean I don't like the others or am a hater, just my preference.

• Like 3

I think it also depends on which direction they're going take the franchise in.

Are they continuing with the more gritty, "realistic" rendition of the character? 

Or are they returning to the more romantic, escapist adventures of the Bond films from the 60s and 70s?

Part of me suspects they may be leaning more towards the latter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I think it also depends on which direction they're going take the franchise in.

Are they continuing with the more gritty, "realistic" rendition of the character? 

Or are they returning to the more romantic, escapist adventures of the Bond films from the 60s and 70s?

Part of me suspects they may be leaning more towards the latter.

I want them to go this route…

Are they continuing with the more gritty, "realistic" rendition of the character? 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy