IGNORED

Licence To Kill (Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

R1s1ngs0n

• 3 weeks later...

Yay!  Some of these are starting to have some kind of artwork on the back (as minor as the circles on Dr. No), but after the first 4 had nothing (Man with the Golden Gun, Octopussy, A View To A Kill, and Moonraker) was worried they all would.  Licence to Kill, The World is Not Enough, and Tomorrow Never Dies actually have some artwork on the back.  I consider this a little win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wail said:

@R1s1ngs0n do you know if they will release all the 25 movies or not ? 

I seriously doubt it. This batch of steels is mostly intended for those who purchased the first wave of title sequence themed steels that was released years ago.

The only movie that is oddly missing is Live And Let Die but as it hasn’t been announced by now, I doubt we will see a steel for it… which is really jarring, considering it has one of the best title sequences in the series.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I seriously doubt it. This batch of steels is mostly intended for those who purchased the first wave of title sequence themed steels that was released years ago.

The only movie that is oddly missing is Live And Let Die but as it hasn’t been announced by now, I doubt we will see a steel for it… which is really jarring, considering it has one of the best title sequences in the series.

Yeah that had better release Live and Let Dive at some point (and Die Another Day)!

The only plausible explanation is that they're cooking up a special 50th anniversary steel for next year (as it was released in 1973) 😁🙏

Maybe we can also hope for a Die Another Day 20th Anniversary steel (2002) at the end of this year?

• Like 1

Awards

7 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

Yeah that had better release Live and Let Dive at some point (and Die Another Day)!

The only plausible explanation is that they're cooking up a special 50th anniversary steel for next year (as it was released in 1973) 😁🙏

Maybe we can also hope for a Die Another Day 20th Anniversary steel (2002) at the end of this year?

That is indeed possible, haven’t thought about that.

As for DAD, I pretend this film doesn’t exist. The only thing notable about this total embarrassment is the fact that it’s the 20th official entry in the series.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

As for DAD, I pretend this film doesn’t exist. The only thing notable about this total embarrassment is the fact that it’s the 20th official entry in the series.

And while we're on the topic, it's also the 40th anniversary for Never Say Never Again (1983) next year as well, though I'm not holding my breath for that one 😄 Even the regular blu-ray is out of print and very hard to get hold of!

Awards

3 minutes ago, C.C. 95 said:

They did release LALD and DAD steelbooks in 2008.

A8E63C09-77D8-421A-8D22-E17FFFB118CD.jpeg.27d98d69e6ddf84333a31985aa0fddba.jpeg

I bet, right after this wave of steelbooks (basically finishing the series on 2k) - they will release 4K Steelbooks. They get the double dip money in full.

Yeah good point, I think they released a few others in this style too. Really not keen on the printed blu-ray header so hoping for opening credits releases to match the rest of the Zavvi series.

Awards

1 hour ago, Sidewinder said:

Yeah good point, I think they released a few others in this style too. Really not keen on the printed blu-ray header so hoping for opening credits releases to match the rest of the Zavvi series.

Yeah, they released these in that style in 2008

BA4A2F35-C7C9-4A1C-B230-A147ABB615F3.thumb.jpeg.f8b16a5d620147784a09edad272d4dd0.jpeg

Edited by C.C. 95
  • Like 1

Awards

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

You didn't like the incredible CGI with Pierce surfing or the crazy car chase on ice (although honestly cant remember that might have been one of the high points of the movie).  😂  Agree it was pretty terrible.  

45 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

@R1s1ngs0n wanted to reach out to you to see what is going on with the Shaken, Not Stirred club.  Looks like we have 10 members now but no posts.  In fact I can't even find a way to post comments in that club at this time. 

Yeah, sorry. I just added the ´topics’ feature so any member can start a new thread if they wish.

I did have in mind starting some Bond related threads (maybe even a new quiz) but haven’t got ´round to it yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1