General 4K Deals, News & More

ShadowWarrior

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Hopefully this means we can finally get more Disney movies with Dolby Vision. I wonder, too, who will be responsible for picking what gets released now, and if we'll start seeing an influx of discs for all those Fox movies Disney has been sitting on.

Agreed! Fingers crossed for more Fox titles. I'm hoping to see a move towards BD100's, BD66's just aren't enough to really up that bitrate to where it needs to be. Curious to see if there are any sonic improvements too, sometimes the sound mixes seem a bit neutered on Disney discs. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hansreinhardt said:

Agreed! Fingers crossed for more Fox titles. I'm hoping to see a move towards BD100's, BD66's just aren't enough to really up that bitrate to where it needs to be. Curious to see if there are any sonic improvements too, sometimes the sound mixes seem a bit neutered on Disney discs. 

The last point especially! DB100s and proper sound mixes are must-haves. Death to the subdued atmouse tracks!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeH5856 said:

Hopefully this means we can finally get more Disney movies with Dolby Vision. I wonder, too, who will be responsible for picking what gets released now, and if we'll start seeing an influx of discs for all those Fox movies Disney has been sitting on.

Drives me crazy they haven’t done more with all the great 20th Century Fox movies from the actual 20th century, not just on disc but streaming as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Drives me crazy they haven’t done more with all the great 20th Century Fox movies from the actual 20th century, not just on disc but streaming as well. 

It’s crazy. They bought the studio just to eliminate them as a competitor, and have completely ignored the massive film library that they could be exploiting like mad (unless it was Star Wars).

Hell, they even ignore their own studios libraries. How the heck do we not even have Tombstone yet, let alone Fox titles like Fight Club, Master and Commander, the rest of the Die Hard movies, etc etc etc. Such a damn shame. Hopefully Sony can help right this ship.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Yeah, it’s not great.  I’d love to have Starman and Punch Drunk Love but not at that price, and who knows if the transfer is any good?  But someone might want it.

I got a notification that my digital copy of Starman was upgraded to 4k. Not as good as a physical release, but at least it's something. One of my favorite movies ♥️

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Civil War 4K Blu-ray 🇺🇸 

Amazon Exclusive / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital

A24 | 2024 | 109 min | Rated R | Jun 09, 2024 (2 Months)

Price
Amazon: $34.99
New from: $34.99
Available for pre-order, FREE shipping

image.jpeg.6e9fc249e56a68fa539bb3fcc9f2fe3b.jpeg  

A journey across a dystopian future America, following a team of military-embedded journalists as they race against time to reach DC before rebel factions descend upon the White House.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Veum said:

Civil War 4K Blu-ray 🇺🇸 

Amazon Exclusive / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital

A24 | 2024 | 109 min | Rated R | Jun 09, 2024 (2 Months)

Price
Amazon: $34.99
New from: $34.99
Available for pre-order, FREE shipping

image.jpeg.6e9fc249e56a68fa539bb3fcc9f2fe3b.jpeg  

A journey across a dystopian future America, following a team of military-embedded journalists as they race against time to reach DC before rebel factions descend upon the White House.

Thanks, man. Hopefully they release some details on what the Amazon exclusive actually is, but right now it’s about $10 bucks cheaper than the standard 4K release, so I’m happy to lock that price in. If JW4 was any indication, Amazon’s edition is only going to get more expensive. 😂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

Massive grain of salt:

This comes from the “President of Physical Media’ on X who claimed their “Target Sources” have said that the big chain retailer will not be selling any more physical media within the next year. 

This has been all over social media today, from more than one source. Supposedly, Target responded and "confirmed" they would soon (like, within the next couple months or so) stop all physical media sales except for "select DVDs" (their quote). Why continue to sell DVDs and not Blus, who can say? Couple this news with their almost complete downsizing of their physical media products over the last six months, and the end does indeed look near. Target will soon go the way of Best Buy.

No huge loss, imo, though. Their offerings were pretty meager, except for a few cool exclusives every once in a while. Best Buy was a much bigger loss. But yet another retailer exiting the market still isn't a good thing for us collectors and hobbyists. 

Edited by TechSpec924
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...