ShadowWarrior

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, MikeH5856 said:

Speculation has a 4K edition of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves as the big one. Apparently Arrow recently did a new 4K scan of it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a steelbook edition!

Ahh interesting.  That would make some sense.  They did steels if True romance and Wild Things so probably a good chance. 

• Like 1

Hi! 🙌 This might be of interest to you if, like me, you enjoyed the film and music. It’s classic over the top Baz Luhrmann in the best possible way! The offer lasts until midnight on Monday 29th August.

Use discount code ELVIS10 at checkout for a £10 saving off of the £34.99 full price. £24.99 is a great price and includes shipping. For U.K. customers only.

ELVIS 4K, Soundtrack & Poster

7D60C806-8813-4C09-A99D-FACB7F6A4BE1.thumb.jpeg.31e032758ade8fac1407213366117cae.jpeg

AA14252F-EC26-45C8-94D6-7B40E98C5696.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Default The Amityville Horror (1979) 4K UHD coming from Vinegar Syndrome

nRLd8ol.jpg

Quote:
George Lutz, his wife Kathy, and their three children have just moved into a beautiful, and improbably cheap, Victorian mansion nestled in the sleepy coastal town of Amityville, Long Island. However, their dream home is concealing a horrific past and soon each member of the Lutz family is plagued with increasingly strange and violent visions and impulses. Fearing for their sanity, they consult with Father Delaney who realizes a dark supernatural presence has consumed the home and is attempting to propel the Lutz family into becoming its latest victims of unspeakable acts of violence...

One of the most acclaimed and terrifying horror films of the 1970s, director Stuart Rosenberg's (Cool Hand Luke) The Amityville Horror (TM) features powerhouse performances from James Brolin (Westworld), genre film icon Margot Kidder (Superman, Black Christmas), Rod Steiger (In the Heat of the Night), and cult star Don Stroud (Django Unchained). With a chilling screenplay by Sandor Stern, based on Jay Anson's best selling novel, and an unnerving score by Lalo Schifrin (Mission: Impossible), Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present the UHD debut of The Amityville Horror, stunningly restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative and featuring a comprehensive selection of new and archival interviews.

directed by: Stuart Rosenberg
starring: James Brolin, Margot Kidder, Rod Steiger, Don Stroud, Murray Hamilton, John Larch
1979 / 118 min / 1.85:1 / English 5.1 Surround

Additional info:
  • 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray Set
  • 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
  • Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
  • Presented for the first time on home video in its original unaltered theatrical surround mix with an optional stereo mix
  • "My Amityville Diaries" - a brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with screenwriter Sandor Stern, actor Meeno Peluce, actor Don Stroud, actor Marc Vahanian and actress Amy Wright
  • "For God's Sake, Get Out!" - an archival making-of documentary featuring interviews with actor James Brolin and actress Margot Kidder
  • "Brolin Thunder" - an interview with actor James Brolin from 2017
  • "Child's Play" - an interview with actor Meeno Peluce from 2017
  • "Amityville Scribe" - an interview with screenwriter Sandor Stern from 2017
  • "The Devil in the Music" - an interview with composer Lalo Schifrin from 2017
  • "Haunted Melodies: A Journey Inside the Music That Makes Horror Come Alive" - an interview with composer Lalo Schifrin from 2013
  • Commentary track by Dr. Hans Holzer, PhD in Parapsychology (Author of ‘Murder in Amityville’)
  • Video introduction by Dr. Hans Holzer
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Still gallery, TV Spot, Radio Spots
  • Reversible cover artwork
  • English SDH subtitles

Vinegar Syndrome

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, MikeH5856 said:

4K Criterion Collection edition of WALL-E dropping in November!

A bit odd as there is already a 4K HDR release of this one.

A bit odd as there is already a 4K HDR release of this one....

Edited by Gary K
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gary K said:

A bit odd as there is already a 4K HDR release of this one....

Ehh... I'll take it. LOL 

Possibly it has a new transfer? I'm not sure if the current release was director approved or not. Their product page says:

• 4K digital master, approved by director Andrew Stanton, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kino Lorber's Winter Wonderland 2022 Sale is on now until Monday, Dec. 19th. Some good deals on their small selection of 4K titles for $14.99 (lots of Blu-rays for $4.99+). I just picked up their recent 4K releases of The Usual Suspects, Dressed to Kill, and Eastern Promises.

https://kinolorber.com/collection/winter-wonderland-2022?list_type=grid&sort_type=4k-low-high

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Kino Lorber's Winter Wonderland 2022 Sale is on now until Monday, Dec. 19th. Some good deals on their small selection of 4K titles for $14.99 (lots of Blu-rays for $4.99+). I just picked up their recent 4K releases of The Usual Suspects, Dressed to Kill, and Eastern Promises.

https://kinolorber.com/collection/winter-wonderland-2022?list_type=grid&sort_type=4k-low-high

I bought several from this sale❣️

This kinda shows me our peeps do not even look around our forum 🙄 🤷‍♂️ 

Other discount codes

Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Veum said:

I bought several from this sale❣️

This kinda shows me our peeps do not even look around our forum 🙄 🤷‍♂️ 

Other discount codes

Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

I honestly wouldn’t have thought to look in that forum for a site sale announcement. To me, a discount code is something you’d enter at checkout, whereas this board indicates 4K Deals. Oh well, live and learn! 🍻

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

Releasing December 6, 2022:

Man, I am out of it today. Saw the Dec. 6 date and thought, "wow, that's so far away!" And it's today... 😬🤣🤣🤣 I guess this means my copy of Pulp Fiction should be here soon then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1