IGNORED

UHD CLUB Jurassic Park Trilogy (UHD CLUB UC #17) (4K Only Hardbox Digipak) [China]

extantsrevenge

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Zeeeell said:
⚠️ UHDCLUB info ⚠️
Due to COVID, the discs needed for the JURASSIC PARK, LOTR, and THE HOBBIT trilogies are blocked in HK,
The next UHDCLUB release will be THE MUMMY TRILOGY
Thx for your understanding

I just seen some pics of the mummy, it looks nice. When we getting a gb up for that @extantsrevenge or did I miss it 🤣🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ksosk said:

Lo siento chicos, 

Después de actualizar el nuevo bs, me atrapé y olvidé publicar aquí para informar a todos. 

El diseño de la carpeta de elementos especiales también ha cambiado.

Todos están actualizados en OP.

Salud,

Kansas

I like that a velociraptor skeleton is included (or at least I think it is).

It is also true that in terms of colors, it does not go as well with the rest as the previous design.

What details will this new design have?

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
22 minutes ago, Noir21 said:

I like that a velociraptor skeleton is included (or at least I think it is).

It is also true that in terms of colors, it does not go as well with the rest as the previous design.

What details will this new design have?

The new design for edition type B is shown in the OP. The bonus items for each are listed there as well. The special companion item only comes with edition type C.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, deckard99 said:

El nuevo diseño para la edición tipo B se muestra en el OP. Los artículos de bonificación para cada uno también se enumeran allí. El artículo complementario especial solo viene con la edición tipo C.

Thanks for the clarification but I was already aware of all that, I was referring to the details of the new design (engraving, relief and that kind of thing).

I hope now it is understood, thank you.

• Like 1

Two questions:
Is there any chance that the design of the first box in the C edition, the one with the rex in the mirror, will change?🤔 That design was made for the 3D release from 2013 and it's one of the ugliest artwork ever made!😅

Second question:

Is there a reason that there's no new artwork used for this release?🤔 Edition A and B(which are very nice!) are from the embossed steels from 2015. The Ultimate Collector's Box sports the artwork from the refreshed slipcovers released in 2018, which are pretty bad. Rexy is on the wrong side of the car and Grant look in the total opposite direction, where the rex is supposed to be?!?😂 Although it seems they only use the front of The Lost World art on this box, but if you have that edition check the Stego's head on the back, it's as sharp as a needle!😂 The second box in edition C, the one with the black rock texture with fossils is a design from a trilogy steelbook from way back in the early days of steelbooks.
Also the first version of Edition B was an old design from a budget trilogy box.

With all of this out of my system I might need to clarify...😅.  I love Jurassic, don't get me wrong! The whole reason i'm a member here is for releases like this! I have all the ones i've mentioned above and tons more! I collect them all! Check jurassic.cc on Insta if you don't believe me!😜 And I probably gonna drool all over these editions, if I get them! I'm just curious why no new artwork is used? Is it Universal? I've heard they are quite tricky to deal with...🤔

Check the attached file on the pointy Stego head!😅

Screenshot_20220411-095729_Instagram.jpg

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★

Hey @jurassic.cc,

Thanks for your post. 

Many times, studio dont add new artwork as that requires commissioning and more money. 

UC can only use whatever art are given to them. To send a brand new art for approval will take months now so most retailers dont' do that.

I have seen your IMPRESSIVE collection!

KS

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ksosk said:

Hey @jurassic.cc,

Thanks for your post. 

Many times, studio dont add new artwork as that requires commissioning and more money. 

UC can only use whatever art are given to them. To send a brand new art for approval will take months now so most retailers dont' do that.

I have seen your IMPRESSIVE collection!

KS

Ok, yeah I get it! I bet these will look amazing in hand! Hope I'll get my hands on all three editions... I was a bit late to the GB!😅

And Thank You, I really appreciate it!😃

• Like 2

Don't know if anyone can answer this. I don't have much experience with Digipaks but I dig the art in this release a lot. How big are they generally compared to steelbooks? Could they easily be swapped with a steelbook in the hardbox? A Google search didn't yield any good answers.

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, optic said:

Don't know if anyone can answer this. I don't have much experience with Digipaks but I dig the art in this release a lot. How big are they generally compared to steelbooks? Could they easily be swapped with a steelbook in the hardbox? A Google search didn't yield any good answers.

Hi @optic I don't think there is a standard digipack size. I have some that roughly the same size as a steelbook, but they are usually a little thicker especially if they are 3 disc or 4 disc fold out types. I don't have an open UHD Club edition handy at the moment, but @AndroiDad75 usually opens his stuff and I know he has UC E.T., so maybe he can help with a comparison here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, optic said:

Digipacs can be anything from a single disc holder to multiple discs so the size generally depends on how many discs are in the pac .. they are generally the same size as a Steelbook but I doubt very much a Steelbook will fill the space of the digipac… 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Hi @optic I don't think there is a standard digipack size. I have some that roughly the same size as a steelbook, but they are usually a little thicker especially if they are 3 disc or 4 disc fold out types. I don't have an open UHD Club edition handy at the moment, but @AndroiDad75 usually opens his stuff and I know he has UC E.T., so maybe he can help with a comparison here. 

@optic, @deckard99 is correct, I have opened my ET set.  Here are the dimensions of the digipak:

140mm W x 175 mm T x 15mm D (thick)

For my steelbooks, I have them at:

136mm W x 170mm T x 15mm D (thick)

I hope that helps!

AD75

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

@optic, @deckard99 is correct, I have opened my ET set.  Here are the dimensions of the digipak:

140mm W x 175 mm T x 15mm D (thick)

For my steelbooks, I have them at:

136mm W x 170mm T x 15mm D (thick)

I hope that helps!

AD75

Alright so it's a possibility, it just won't be completely flush. Awesome thanks for the info. Going to wait for the beauty shots

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
34 minutes ago, optic said:

Alright so it's a possibility, it just won't be completely flush. Awesome thanks for the info. Going to wait for the beauty shots

@optic Beauty shots are in the first post of this thread. If you mean live in-hand pics or videos, then there is no guarantee we will get any before the GB closes. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.

1 hour ago, deckard99 said:

@optic Beauty shots are in the first post of this thread. If you mean live in-hand pics or videos, then there is no guarantee we will get any before the GB closes. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.

Well I was hoping for shots of the actual digipak

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thegronk68 said:

Hi, guys. I got lost with all the changes. What are the latest visuals for editions A and B? Can anyone help me? I may be the only one that actually liked the golden layout (edition B) but I read here it is changing. Now I don't know which to get. Need to see the latest versions.

B is the only edition that changed. Page 1 of this thread shows the change. I fear you may now be late to request a change. Good luck.