IGNORED

UHD CLUB Jurassic Park Trilogy (UHD CLUB UC #17) (4K Only Hardbox Digipak) [China]

extantsrevenge

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Gary K said:

Please Note from @Masterblaster

Love this! I was bummed I didn't get Edition B after the Glow in the Dark change was announced. Feel like we're getting a little bit of both worlds now for those of us who went with Edition A. Even more excited for this release. And worth the wait.

Confused Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have received my third and last JP collection...the big box.

It is a huge box, really heavy and the content is nice, also the idea with the two boxes inside! :)

But, to be honest, I am disappointed by a few things, which makes it not that premium for me:

- the outer box!

The print on it is not that good

(the motives are really out of focus and there should be more things, like glossy effects, or debossing/embossing on it!)

Compared to B or A, the outer box is pretty boring.

- wasn't it limited to 200?

Why does the card say "...of 228"?

- and some small detail, but for a premium product, we can expect some more care, because collectors (like me!) love these details and that's why they give the retailers a huge amount of money!

There is a small stick on the parcel, but in that case, the put the duct tape on to it, so it must be destroyed, if you want to open the parcel.

And besides, this is the fourth box (Mummy, JP A, B and C!), in a row, with damages on the outer box.

No damages caused during transport at least it seemed that way.

But I will live with that, because I'm tiered with all the complaining and explaining...

I know, that some will not understand, but for me, after all this - I've expected so much more, especially after UHD Club charged us some extra money for each of the JP boxes, because they "miscalculated" - it have been, most likely, my last (not woodenmade!) box, I've ordered from UHD Club.

And before someone missunderstands, this is not meant to be bad criticism, but an honest feedback for retailers to (maybe!) do better in the future!

So no hard feelings intended!!!!

Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

IMG_20230320_153708.jpg

IMG20230320150358.jpg

IMG_20230320_153724.jpg

IMG20230320145624.jpg

Edited by javi
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, javi said:

I have received my third and last JP collection...the big box.

It is a huge box, really heavy and the content is nice, also the idea with the two boxes inside! :)

But, to be honest, I am disappointed by a few things, which makes it not that premium for me:

- the outer box!

The print on it is not that good

(the motives are really out of focus and there should be more things, like glossy effects, or debossing/embossing on it!)

Compared to B or A, the outer box is pretty boring.

- wasn't it limited to 200?

Why does the card say "...of 228"?

- and some small detail, but for a premium product, we can expect some more care, because collectors (like me!) love these details and that's why they give the retailers a huge amount of money!

There is a small stick on the parcel, but in that case, the put the duct tape on to it, so it must be destroyed, if you want to open the parcel.

And besides, this is the fourth box (Mummy, JP A, B and C!), in a row, with damages on the outer box.

No damages caused during transport at least it seemed that way.

But I will live with that, because I'm tiered with all the complaining and explaining...

I know, that some will not understand, but for me, after all this - I've expected so much more, especially after UHD Club charged us some extra money for each of the JP boxes, because they "miscalculated" - it have been, most likely, my last (not woodenmade!) box, I've ordered from UHD Club.

And before someone missunderstands, this is not meant to be bad criticism, but an honest feedback for retailers to (maybe!) do better in the future!

So no hard feelings intended!!!!

Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

IMG_20230320_153708.jpg

IMG20230320150358.jpg

IMG_20230320_153724.jpg

IMG20230320145624.jpg

I agree with your sentiment on this one. It's a good set, and I am glad I got it, but if I had to do it over I would pick Edition A or B. I believe the T-Rex skull was nice but was a superfluous extra. I would have preferred an individual coin for each movie, or maybe even a metal card for each one. Also, while the T-Rex in the mirror Lenti was top notch, the other Lenti fell short in both clarity and transition. 

Again, it's a good set, but, in my opinion, it's not quite up there with some of their best non-wooden box sets like E.T., Jaws, and Inception. 

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

I am hoping to have secured a copy of the huge box of Jurassic Park trilogy. As always I am a very poor casual collector, who keeps missing group buys because the hole in my wallet.

I am for now on the fence about UHD wooden releases as they are very delicate and don’t display well with plastic cases.

I hope UHD club bring back full slip trilogies as this set will go great alongside the Dark knight trilogy. Too bad they never made a boxset for lord if the rings & the godfather.

Edited by TheAmarayMan