IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

@Veum i would try german room but i cant speak a jot unfournately, i know this thru painful experience.

they told me at school i could switch to gcse german for my last 2 years option exams as i was good at french (at the time)making the switch over to german should be no problem.

but nooooooo i could not get my head around the structing of how the sentences where, so basically i must have sat there for nearly two years doing this looking blankly at the books with the teacher not really able to help me because she had to teach the rest of the class and could not give me the time i needed and she said this was a fast paced course and i needed to keep up. xD

and because i couldn't keep up i was left in a corner pretty much on my own and ignored by the teacher.

this was the worse switch they could have possibley made on me and without the backup to help either.

and i ended up with and ungraded gcse german exam because i just did not understand what was written down at least that was my only failed exam thank god.

ended up an engineer at least, so shows im not all that thick and stupid.

as for german don't think will ever happen but it does annoy me i never managed to learn it, but there again don't think the teacher we had was that good either.

but never mind suppose you can't win them all🙄

all the best

basil 👍

• Like 3

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

giphy.gif

In my imagination this is how I’m spending my Sunday

giphy.gif

This is is my Sunday Reality

giphy.gif

Either way it’s going to be a good day. My Psycho friends here’s to Sunday being greater than Saturday!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Hey @Basil

I had a similar situation when I decided to join a Sculpture course. I’ve always been into art & the other classes was starting to bore me because I never felt like they helped me grow my skill. It was just busy work, & the A’s came easy. So I join Sculpting & it was like my teacher was speaking another language when explaining these assignments we had to do.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I asked for help & I had her attention for literally like 1 or 2 mins a day because everyone else wanted or needed her attention. I remember her telling my school counselor that I didn’t show a lot of motivation in class

giphy.gif

But she never paid me any attention in class! Anyways long story short I failed that class & it was the first time I ever failed an art class.

Anyways I like the idea of hanging out in the other rooms also but I don’t know what the hell is going on half the time I’m over there because I don’t speak anything other than English. I can figure out some stuff (gifs help) & I’ve translated a for messages w/Google but that becomes a chore after awhile because those boards are so lively. Plus Google isn’t 100% accurate.

I’ve been wanting to learn another language for years, but haven’t gotten around to it. I was just thinking the other day that I should join an online class & practice in the rooms. You, @Veum, & myself are here all the time so I figure more Psychos will pop in eventually when they see our banter. Either more will come or it’s going to be just the three of us building The English Room up one comment at a time.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 4

@Hollywood E Rock yes know what your saying, this room started to liven up abit then everyone became busy as they do, called life unfouranetly.

think its goona be you me and veum keep going as you say one comment at a time and maybe just maybe overtime others may want to join in.

over 30 follow at the top but not too many have much to say.

but as theres no group buys involved in this bit its probabely the quietest part of the board which is a shame really.

its a real shame they dont do some sort of competitions exclusivively thru these parts of the boards, that would liven things up abit.

something so damn exclusive people would want to get more involved and then discover how good it could be.

if people thought they could get something everyone once in a while but that would take some planning on the staffs part i suppose, plus if they would want to do it.

e.g. time and cost. but the rewards could be worth it to the site in the long run.

@extantsrevenge nils you got any ideas how to stop the

giphy.gif

Edited by Basil
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Basil said:

@Veum i would try german room but i cant speak a jot unfournately, i know this thru painful experience.

they told me at school i could switch to gcse german for my last 2 years option exams as i was good at french (at the time)making the switch over to german should be no problem.

but nooooooo i could not get my head around the structing of how the sentences where, so basically i must have sat there for nearly two years doing this looking blankly at the books with the teacher not really able to help me because she had to teach the rest of the class and could not give me the time i needed and she said this was a fast paced course and i needed to keep up. xD

and because i couldn't keep up i was left in a corner pretty much on my own and ignored by the teacher.

this was the worse switch they could have possibley made on me and without the backup to help either.

and i ended up with and ungraded gcse german exam because i just did not understand what was written down at least that was my only failed exam thank god.

ended up an engineer at least, so shows im not all that thick and stupid.

as for german don't think will ever happen but it does annoy me i never managed to learn it, but there again don't think the teacher we had was that good either.

but never mind suppose you can't win them all🙄

all the best

basil 👍

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Hey @Basil

I had a similar situation when I decided to join a Sculpture course. I’ve always been into art & the other classes was starting to bore me because I never felt like they helped me grow my skill. It was just busy work, & the A’s came easy. So I join Sculpting & it was like my teacher was speaking another language when explaining these assignments we had to do.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I asked for help & I had her attention for literally like 1 or 2 mins a day because everyone else wanted or needed her attention. I remember her telling my school counselor that I didn’t show a lot of motivation in class

giphy.gif

But she never paid me any attention in class! Anyways long story short I failed that class & it was the first time I ever failed an art class.

Anyways I like the idea of hanging out in the other rooms also but I don’t know what the hell is going on half the time I’m over there because I don’t speak anything other than English. I can figure out some stuff (gifs help) & I’ve translated a for messages w/Google but that becomes a chore after awhile because those boards are so lively. Plus Google isn’t 100% accurate.

I’ve been wanting to learn another language for years, but haven’t gotten around to it. I was just thinking the other day that I should join an online class & practice in the rooms. You, @Veum, & myself are here all the time so I figure more Psychos will pop in eventually when they see our banter. Either more will come or it’s going to be just the three of us building The English Room up one comment at a time.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

🥤Alright you knuckleheads @Hollywood E Rock / @Basil Let’s get this party going! 😜

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290917f6eebfe4fbf289

I do not know a lick of German/French and I know it is a pain, however google translate is your friend!😅

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297464c9be29a1498a96

We will just have to keep going & hope other psychos jump in! 😘

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29cdaa7c2af69d45c0f6

Happy Sunday my friends! 😘

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2985e460d5c6a635f5bf

It is NFL 🏈 watching/taping 📺 and getting in my spooky movie🎬 day/night!😀

4D534BD8-10E0-4A2F-87AE-79DB99FF1688.gif.8f42048303cfbb85f386f0a50a51176f.gif

Psychos I hope you have a nice day!😊

C4487697-65F7-4052-912D-8E192692E271.gif.f00a95266a81aae5e27459d3061ffe94.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Basil said:

@Hollywood E Rock yes know what your saying, this room started to liven up abit then everyone became busy as they do, called life unfouranetly.

think its goona be you me and veum keep going as you say one comment at a time and maybe just maybe overtime others may want to join in.

over 30 follow at the top but not too many have much to say.

but as theres no group buys involved in this bit its probabely the quietest part of the board which is a shame really.

its a real shame they dont do some sort of competitions exclusivively thru these parts of the boards, that would liven things up abit.

something so damn exclusive people would want to get more involved and then discover how good it could be.

if people thought they could get something everyone once in a while but that would take some planning on the staffs part i suppose, plus if they would want to do it.

e.g. time and cost. but the rewards could be worth it to the site in the long run.

@extantsrevenge nils you got any ideas how to stop the

giphy.gif

@Basil

I definitely believe Psychos being busy with the normal day to day contributes to the ups & downs of this room in particular. Something to hook them in could work, but like you said that too would require time & effort. I’m sure it will pick back up eventually, until then we will hold it down!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 4

@Veum

I’m always down for a party

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Not sure why but she was in the results for Three Stooges gifs.......

giphy.gif

It reminded me of how beautiful Sofia Vergara is

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Oh I updated my mine list on your Horror thread on the first page. I didn’t know if you noticed. I’ve been watching movies all week just haven’t done my reviews yet. My girlfriend left out of town this weekend so it gave me a chance to reorganize our apartment. Once I’m done I’m going to knock them out!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Basil

I definitely believe Psychos being busy with the normal day to day contributes to the ups & downs of this room in particular. Something to hook them in could work, but like you said that too would require time & effort. I’m sure it will pick back up eventually, until then we will hold it down!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hey @Hollywood E Rock my thinking is, if your already in this forum your not too busy you can not chime in often or not... IMHO! 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b067a0bbdb0ff8c613

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

I’m always down for a party

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Not sure why but she was in the results for Three Stooges gifs.......

giphy.gif

It reminded me of how beautiful Sofia Vergara is

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Oh I updated my mine list on your Horror thread on the first page. I didn’t know if you noticed. I’ve been watching movies all week just haven’t done my reviews yet. My girlfriend left out of town this weekend so it gave me a chance to reorganize our apartment. Once I’m done I’m going to knock them out!

@Hollywood E Rock

Just saw that you updated (love those Universal Classic Monsters... do you?) and can not wait for your reviews my friend! 🧛‍♂️

She will be...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2901e6fbda8f9f95917f

you!😂

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Veum said:

Hey @Hollywood E Rock my thinking is, if your already in this forum your not too busy you can not chime in often or not... IMHO! 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b067a0bbdb0ff8c613

Yeah that is true 

giphy.gif

That’s why it doesn’t matter in the end. We will be here. We didn’t start this room, but we can damn sure Avenge it!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Well today's plans went well and truly 

Great_Tit_(Parus_major)_1.jpg.2a86aa1a409037269a271aa21a56672a.jpg  UP 

Thanks to the Rain , rain ,rain and just for fun rain .

So all outside plans where called off .

So we ended up cleaning out the Tribe all 5 have daggers at the ready and they are not afraid to use them

Before clean out  ( Not ours )

Cute-Chins-chinchilla-23987878-440-393.jpg.9e3814db00a708f21a31aabda8ae1408.jpg

591cc41777f36_download(2).jpg.380c65db2c6ed6e11de2d7eceb620fae.jpg

After clean out HOOMAN 

de05e62977326048859b23dfa2078073.jpg.198609ad0cc794d5f53558c1eeae2287.jpg

All five are not happy .

• Haha 3

if that's any consolation to you 3 amigos, French room seems to be on indefinite leave of absence, so you're actually not doing that bad.

Keeping any thread lively is just a matter of people willing to participate and post something of actual interest besides saying "hello" & "goodnight", otherwise people will get bored rather quickly and wander off someplace else - that's not a dig at anyone as I was guilty of that myself for a while but at some point I realized something more substantial had to happen in order to keep me (and others) interested. That is actually why I think the French room is currenty on a stand still, although there's always the possibility of members being busy with other things and not being able to check the forums as regularly as they used to.

May I also add that specific sections like Movie Talk & Wanted Posters were created in an effort to generate more involvement from members (and at the beginning they did seem to attract some interest) but there is so much we can do if ‘demand' dries out and eventually becomes non existant.

And lastly, to my friend @Veum - the only reason I'm not participating in your Horror martahon is simply because it's a genre that has never been my cup of tea, otherwise it's a great idea.

Cheers

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Well today's plans went well and truly 

Great_Tit_(Parus_major)_1.jpg.2a86aa1a409037269a271aa21a56672a.jpg  UP 

Thanks to the Rain , rain ,rain and just for fun rain .

So all outside plans where called off .

So we ended up cleaning out the Tribe all 5 have daggers at the ready and they are not afraid to use them

Before clean out  ( Not ours )

Cute-Chins-chinchilla-23987878-440-393.jpg.9e3814db00a708f21a31aabda8ae1408.jpg

591cc41777f36_download(2).jpg.380c65db2c6ed6e11de2d7eceb620fae.jpg

After clean out HOOMAN 

de05e62977326048859b23dfa2078073.jpg.198609ad0cc794d5f53558c1eeae2287.jpg

All five are not happy .

@Scary Hair

You done really went off & done it now, THAT LOOK!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

They had their little apartment all set up & you done came in & change things lol! That reminds me of my girlfriend’s brother’s dog. Well if you ask her it’s her dog lol.

giphy.gif

Everything is all good until someone mentions bath time

giphy.gif

I truly believe he is most at home in the dirt 

giphy.gif

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

if that's any consolation to you 3 amigos, French room seems to be on an indefinite leave of absence, so you're actually not doing that bad.

Hey @R1s1ngs0n

Soooo what you’re saying is we have a shot to catch up with The French Room?!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Keeping any thread lively is just a matter of people willing to participate and post something of actual interest besides saying "hello" & "goodnight", otherwise people will get bored rather quickly and wander off someplace else - that's not a dig at anyone as I was guilty of that myself for a while but at some point I realized something more substantial had to happen in order to keep me (and others) interested. That is actually why I think the French room is currenty on a stand still, although there's always the possibility of members being busy with other things and not being able to check the forums as regularly as they used to.

“Actual interest” Well Americans are interested in 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think I can get us some of this stuff, this room is going to be wild!

giphy.gif

May I also add that specific sections like Movie Talk & Wanted Posters were created in an effort to generate more involvement from members (and at the beginning they did seem to attract some interest) but there is so much we can do if 'demand' dries out and eventually becomes non existant.

And lastly, to my friend @Veum - the only reason I'm not participating in your Horror martahon is simply because it's a genre that has never been my cup of tea, otherwise it's a great idea.

Cheers

giphy.gif

• Haha 4