IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid noob question. Why aren't prices ever posted for the Group Buys? I've only been doing this for a month and a half and have a general sense of how much these slips and OC's cost, but I was just wondering why the price is never listed. I'd imagine it may not be set until they're actually ordered? Just wondering. 

• Like 4

Awards

Sorry if I’m spamming here. 😂 But my God, these Nolan and Batman releases are gonna leave me broke. Came into the hobby to collect Nolan premiums. BAM! Blufans. BAM! Prestige. BAM! UHD Club. BAM! Manta TDK Trilogy coming soon. BAM! ZAVVI just released steelbooks/slips. Did the universe just know I’d be joining the hobby this month to screw me over?! 😂🥲

• Haha 4

Awards

3 hours ago, damships said:

Stupid noob question. Why aren't prices ever posted for the Group Buys? I've only been doing this for a month and a half and have a general sense of how much these slips and OC's cost, but I was just wondering why the price is never listed. I'd imagine it may not be set until they're actually ordered? Just wondering. 

@damships If you take the time to look on enough release threads eventually you will see that we do list prices on the original post in those threads. 

Now with that said I believe ( not completely sure ) the reason prices are not listed more consistently is because all the staff in charge are busy & we are veterans in this hobby so we personally already know what to expect as far as prices go.

So once a retailer announces what the costs of a set is we have already started the Group Buy & sometimes have already closed them. Knowing the price by that point doesn’t completely matter because we have already made ourselves obligated, but I completely understand how new members would appreciate if prices of sets was easier to know upfront.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, damships said:

Sorry if I’m spamming here. 😂 But my God, these Nolan and Batman releases are gonna leave me broke. Came into the hobby to collect Nolan premiums. BAM! Blufans. BAM! Prestige. BAM! UHD Club. BAM! Manta TDK Trilogy coming soon. BAM! ZAVVI just released steelbooks/slips. Did the universe just know I’d be joining the hobby this month to screw me over?! 😂🥲

@damships 

tv land GIF by YoungerTV

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, damships said:

I had a similar thought not too long ago! I joined MP last June to try and get the HDZeta Snyder Cut. Next thing I know, I’m chasing after The Suicide Squad and Tenet and Blade Runner and finding deals on eBay and scouring the steelbook buy/trade/sell listings on reddit, and importing from Zavvi and FNAC, and compulsively checking Best Buy every few minutes to see if they’ve listed The Batman steelbook yet. 
Chris Gethard GIF by truTV’s The Chris Gethard Show

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I had a similar thought not too long ago! I joined MP last June to try and get the HDZeta Snyder Cut. Next thing I know, I’m chasing after The Suicide Squad and Tenet and Blade Runner and finding deals on eBay and scouring the steelbook buy/trade/sell listings on reddit, and importing from Zavvi and FNAC, and compulsively checking Best Buy every few minutes to see if they’ve listed The Batman steelbook yet. 
Chris Gethard GIF by truTV’s The Chris Gethard Show

The compulsion is strong! I’m the same way. I’ve done pretty well in relatively staying within the Nolan-sphere. Only thing I indulged in outside of that was for a Joker Manta FS. Dude…The Batman though. I’m going to buy like every edition of that. 😂😈

• Like 4

Awards

Just now, ShadowWarrior said:

What's everyone's favorite artwork for The Batman so far?

16424AD4-4573-4B05-AD1F-265A4CB03D22.thumb.jpeg.59680a8ae167fa254c0c367a7bb91c04.jpeg

71DKqFCriaL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.bad0f3c3531d9b3966e913850dcaea5d.jpg.01989721ffd16038d074ef677e610dc4.jpg

81f9Pf96TrL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.e2f773802e4584189d035da072dff56a.jpg.0d4e2d21eed6f3181a2d5cb8aec1498f.jpg

814t2HxrfAL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.8f4f41e18af68a3d3bef3fd79291321b.jpg

813SLTkQDIL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.9231b278989a228d37ea7032db782734.jpg

71nkubOInPL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.724fb1b84a15253f977487306033ff88.jpg

Is it a cop out if I say “both” 😍 lol they’re both awesome. Especially the inside artwork of him and the Batmobile. If I HAD to choose, probably the one with him and the car on the front and Riddler on the back.

• Like 3

Awards

1 hour ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@damships If you take the time to look on enough release threads eventually you will see that we do list prices on the original post in those threads. 

Now with that said I believe ( not completely sure ) the reason prices are not listed more consistently is because all the staff in charge are busy & we are veterans in this hobby so we personally already know what to expect as far as prices go.

So once a retailer announces what the costs of a set is we have already started the Group Buy & sometimes have already closed them. Knowing the price by that point doesn’t completely matter because we have already made ourselves obligated, but I completely understand how new members would appreciate if prices of sets was easier to know upfront.

That totally makes sense. Thanks for the clarification @Hollywood E Rock. As someone who only started this hobby like two months ago it was kind of confusing. Not being used to Group Buys, my first question was “How much does this thing cost?”. But after spending time doing this, I do have a general sense of the cost of slips and OC’s. Plus, like you said, you guys have so much going on at once that price isn’t too big of a deal. People are already filling up GBs within hours. 😂 Thanks for taking the time for an informed response! 👍🏻🙏 

• Like 2

Awards