IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

think i might be opening up manta bop in a minute cannot wait any longer for hdzeta to do theirs and i need to see this now without giving anything away how would you rate it???

basil :D

I thought aside from Margot Robbie being a cool Harley in my opinion it was pretty poor with a lame villain..be interested to hear your thoughts afterwards.

• Like 3

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

I thought aside from Margot Robbie being a cool Harley in my opinion it was pretty poor with a lame villain..be interested to hear your thoughts afterwards.

well robert ill put it in spoiler tags so anyone thats not seen it xD 

Spoiler

well firstly robert you where right, in my eyes written very very poorly.

mcgregor as the villian does not work at all they tried  to make him i think joker like and bit mad and psychotic he does not carry this well or any explanation why he is like joker became joker or such like. just not believable at all 

the birds of prey came far too late in the film like the last 10 minutes. the whole story is weak all the way thru, i think margo did a good job its just the script is so sh1t and weak and boring all the way thru, i remember looking at the clock on the blu ray player thinking where is this going and that was 23 mins in xD 

it did not get any better the whole thing was far fetched stretched had no cohesion as it went thru.

also thinking the woman who was police officer was way too old and not kick ass at all.

its like someone at wb thought yeah we do a 2 yeah that be kick ass and it was just a steaming turd done on the cheap and it shows.

if they do a 3 i wont be watching it, this will die its own death now and i rarely say that if ever.

and im the silly git that bought manta and ordered hdzeta (if that ever comes along) that one will remained firmly sealed and never opened.

the film inclusion is a 1 watch deal and thinking ill never get that 1hr 42mins of my life back what a waste 9_9 

basil 👍

13 minutes ago, Basil said:

well robert ill put it in spoiler tags so anyone thats not seen it xD 

Hide contents

well firstly robert you where right, in my eyes written very very poorly.

mcgregor as the villian does not work at all they tried  to make him i think joker like and bit mad and psychotic he does not carry this well or any explanation why he is like joker became joker or such like. just not believable at all 

the birds of prey came far too late in the film like the last 10 minutes. the whole story is weak all the way thru, i think margo did a good job its just the script is so sh1t and weak and boring all the way thru, i remember looking at the clock on the blu ray player thinking where is this going and that was 23 mins in xD 

it did not get any better the whole thing was far fetched stretched had no cohesion as it went thru.

also thinking the woman who was police officer was way too old and not kick ass at all.

its like someone at wb thought yeah we do a 2 yeah that be kick ass and it was just a steaming turd done on the cheap and it shows.

if they do a 3 i wont be watching it, this will die its own death now and i rarely say that if ever.

and im the silly git that bought manta and ordered hdzeta (if that ever comes along) that one will remained firmly sealed and never opened.

the film inclusion is a 1 watch deal and thinking ill never get that 1hr 42mins of my life back what a waste 9_9 

basil 👍

Never had a desire to see this haha 😂 

15 minutes ago, Basil said:

save your money :D

im sort of hoping hdzeta drop theirs its that bad, but the completist in me it still want it for my collection 😭

tenor.gif

basil xD 

I get it that you didn’t like it. But there are actual people that do, I know that your stuck with it if HDZ follows through with it, but some of us want it. Unfortunately we all can’t like the same things, and I’m glad we don’t. This group would be boring if we did.

I thank you for your thoughts on this @Basil and at least you gave it a shot. But I think some of you are looking for Oscar worthy master pieces when you watch comic book movies. There just comic book movies, there supposed to be fun, and over the top. I know not everyone is going to like them all. I’m not saying I liked/disliked it or lobbying for anyone to like/dislike it. I think way to many people try to take these movies way seriously when they watch them. It’s just an observation when I read peoples reviews. 

Edited by RAK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Veum said:

Bring back interesting/coherent storylines and beautiful landscapes in our movies (not every movie that comes out has to be from the comics) is what I would enjoy more, my thoughts 💭 

I’m not disagreeing, nor was that the debate. I would love to see more original movies. Unfortunately we are in the comic book era, until people get tired of it. I understand your tired of seeing the same old thing over, and over. And I respect that, I enjoy most of the comic book movies, and at the same time would like to see other interesting ideas come to the big screen also. 

• Like 3

i dont mind dc quite like it, liked shazam wonder woman most of them but they have to have a story be a bit fun etc. for me not looking for oscar worthy but i have to feel it and enjoy the flow as im carried along for me it did not do it @RAK im not looking to lobby people to buy or not buy thats there choice, as you say we are all individuals but i only ever usually buy films i like not one of these collectors that just buys everything for everything sake, i get people have many different reasons but reasons are my own.

that being said i have heard from a few people ww1984 people are saying its not good but i think that be one ill need to see myself as what other people and i think can usually be miles apart more often than not.

lets hope jenkins got it right 

but im going to have to pick up a cheap copy as i dont do streaming stuff here in uk

basil 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

i dont mind dc quite like it, liked shazam wonder woman most of them but they have to have a story be a bit fun etc. for me not looking for oscar worthy but i have to feel it and enjoy the flow as im carried along for me it did not do it @RAK im not looking to lobby people to buy or not buy thats there choice, as you say we are all individuals but i only ever usually buy films i like not one of these collectors that just buys everything for everything sake, i get people have many different reasons but reasons are my own.

that being said i have heard from a few people ww1984 people are saying its not good but i think that be one ill need to see myself as what other people and i think can usually be miles apart more often than not.

lets hope jenkins got it right 

but im going to have to pick up a cheap copy as i dont do streaming stuff here in uk

basil 👍

I hope you know it was directed at you, it was just a general observation. I appreciate the fact that you watched it, before you made a judgment. Also agree that my taste just like yours are miles apart from everyone else. 

I am probably one of the few that did enjoy WW84. But I hope you like it when you watch it, and am interested in your thoughts when you do.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RAK said:

I thank you for your thoughts on this @Basil and at least you gave it a shot. But I think some of you are looking for Oscar worthy master pieces when you watch comic book movies. There just comic book movies, there supposed to be fun, and over the top. I know not everyone is going to like them all. I’m not saying I liked/disliked it or lobbying for anyone to like/dislike it. I think way to many people try to take these movies way seriously when they watch them. It’s just an observation when I read peoples reviews. 

This was my approach to Birds of Prey and I ended up having fun with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1