IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

21 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

We need more teasers/trailers like this:

Hide contents

Imagine going to see something like Total Recall back in 1990 with no idea a sequel to The Terminator was on the horizon. Then the lights go down in the theatre, and you see that...

Thanks for that @Fortis93 love it...

terminator GIF

• Like 2

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

@Hollywood E Rock Agreed. I think that Warner Bros. should be putting more trust into his directors/writers/storytellers and take great care into setting up its characters, stories and the arcs and slowly build that up to creating a greater universe.

You look at what Nolan managed to create under WB with The Dark Knight trilogy and how much of a focused, singular vision that was that never really compromised quality or rushed into setting up a greater universe at the expense of its own characters/stories. It took Marvel over ten years to establish its own universe and I think it really paid off for them.

I think now, with films like Aquaman, Wonder Woman, as well as the Snyder Cut of Justice League on the way, hopefully WB can get back to putting more trust in its directors and writers in telling quality stories that really engage and resonate with audiences rather than trying to compete with other cinematic universes.

giphy.gif

I’ve said it a few times already around the neighborhood, but I’ll say it once more. There isn’t any reason why DC shouldn’t be able to successfully set up a proper Cinematic Universe, especially when you consider the fact they actually own all of their characters. 

Marvel isn’t perfect, but the blueprint they created as far as taking some time building up each character before the big event movies is the proper way to set up a Universe. I get the idea of trying to go about the situation differently so as to not come off as copying the competition, but it was unwise for WB/DC to go so far in the other direction setting up the Universe. 

On a more positive note though @LeGonze what are you most excited about coming from the DC event?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I'm really looking forward to WW84, The Batman, The Suicide Squad and Aquaman 2.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, mjk said:

I'm mostly excited about the video games😁 part of it 

You know what, I forgot about the games 🤭, but that is definitely a good reason to be excited!

2 minutes ago, RAK said:

@Hollywood E Rock I hoping for some Flash news, and some Michael Keaton Batman Flashpoint role. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You know what, I forgot about the games 🤭, but that is definitely a good reason to be excited!

giphy.gif

I know I’ve heard that Michael Keaton is in it, and the other day I heard that Ben Afleck signed up. So I’m wondering if Michael Keaton will play Thomas Wayne (Batman) in the alternate timeline, While Ben Afleck will play the Batman in the current timeline. And when it’s all said and done we get a new Batman?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I may be out of the loop here, but anyone else like to see Henry Cavill get another shot at playing Clark Kent/Superman?

Very much so, I think he is my fav SUPERMAN... I’ve enjoyed Henry C. Ever since I saw him in...

Another one of my fav films 🎞 do not even care about the haters...

johnny depp GIF by Disney

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RAK said:

hell yeah GIF

I personally loved MOS! It wasn’t perfect, but it was still Damn good in my opinion. 

And before anyone says that’s not my Superman 

kristen wiig gtfo GIF

Because I

Idc Whatever GIF by Joey Bada$$

I mean, I grew up with you know who, so he's always been my Superman. I also grew up with Tom Welling with Smallville, so he's right behind.

With that said, I really liked what they were going for with Man of Steel (and BvS) and the approach Henry Cavill took with the character. It's just that I think he didn't get as much of a chance to shine and flourish as the other two, which I'm hoping WB will sort out one day because the guy's clearly a talented actor and I think there's a lot of potential and great stories to tell with his incarnation of the Man of Steel.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RAK said:

I know I’ve heard that Michael Keaton is in it, and the other day I heard that Ben Afleck signed up. So I’m wondering if Michael Keaton will play Thomas Wayne (Batman) in the alternate timeline, While Ben Afleck will play the Batman in the current timeline. And when it’s all said and done we get a new Batman?

If this is the plan

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I may be out of the loop here, but anyone else like to see Henry Cavill get another shot at playing Clark Kent/Superman?

giphy.gif

Cavill should be on the 4th Man of Steel movie by now. I honestly don’t know what the hell Warner Brothers executives are on! What ever it is they need to detoxify their life so they can get back to more focused decision making. Henry truly has what it takes to be a version of Superman that could be legendary, but no one knows what to do with the character. Literally years upon years of storytelling & they can’t create a solid roadmap for this character & actor who wants to play the character.

10 minutes ago, Veum said:

Bring me...

justice league GIF by Warner Archive

giphy.gif

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Cavill should be on the 4th Man of Steel movie by now. I honestly don’t know what the hell Warner Brothers executives are on! What ever it is they need to detoxify their life so they can get back to more focused decision making. Henry truly has what it takes to be a version of Superman that could be legendary, but no one knows what to do with the character. Literally years upon years of storytelling & they can’t create a solid roadmap for this character & actor who wants to play the character.

I know! They are sitting on a gold mine of potential stories. If you'll excuse the metaphor, they have so many high quality ingredients and some of the best cooking utensils/equipment. They just need a good cook/chef to get in there and know how to make it work.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 2