IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

🤠 howdy Psychos, well today Saturday here it is cold again 🥶 hope it is at least warm there in your spirit, have a good one! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d71do0ctcytpigw694gf

44%
Breezy with a flurry this morning; decreasing clouds and colder; turning much warmer beginning Sunday

RealFeel®37°

RealFeel Shade™35°

Max UV Index4 Moderate

WindN 12 mph

• Like 4

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a fun little side project today, mainly to satisfy my own curiosity: I’m attempting to combine Star Trek: Picard Seasons 1 & 3 into a feature film. I don’t think any of Season 2 is salvageable so I just tossed all of that. 

Turning out to be a heavier lift than I thought, but I’m having a blast playing around with it. 

star trek picard GIF

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Started a fun little side project today, mainly to satisfy my own curiosity: I’m attempting to combine Star Trek: Picard Seasons 1 & 3 into a feature film. I don’t think any of Season 2 is salvageable so I just tossed all of that. 

Turning out to be a heavier lift than I thought, but I’m having a blast playing around with it. 

star trek picard GIF

Man, I still need to actually sit down and watch that show. I watched the first two episodes when it came out, but never continued. 

• Like 3

Awards

1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

I recommend it for sure. Especially Season 3! If you find yourself bored with Season 1 and/or 2, just skip to S3. 

Can you catch on to what’s happening if you do it that way?  I have to be honest, I started season 1, got 3+ episodes in and just sort of . . . had more interesting things in my queue.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Can you catch on to what’s happening if you do it that way?  I have to be honest, I started season 1, got 3+ episodes in and just sort of . . . had more interesting things in my queue.  

For the most part, I would say yes. The seasons are largely standalone. 

Do you remember the episode of TNG where it was discovered warp drive damaged subspace? Starfleet imposed warp speed limitations until they could figure out a workaround, and then later on it was just sort of… forgotten, because it was an annoying story element in the first place. It’s kind of like that.

Seasons 1&2 arguably add nothing to the story. There’s some good Picard/Data stuff in season one where he’s dealing with bereavement, but that is basically repeated all over again in season 3. You could go straight from Nemesis to Season 3, and for the most part be fine. Might just be a handful of throwaway sentences that don’t make sense. 

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

For the most part, I would say yes. The seasons are largely standalone. 

Do you remember the episode of TNG where it was discovered warp drive damaged subspace? Starfleet imposed warp speed limitations until they could figure out a workaround, and then later on it was just sort of… forgotten, because it was an annoying story element in the first place. It’s kind of like that.

Seasons 1&2 arguably add nothing to the story. There’s some good Picard/Data stuff in season one where he’s dealing with bereavement, but that is basically repeated all over again in season 3. You could go straight from Nemesis to Season 3, and for the most part be fine. Might just be a handful of throwaway sentences that don’t make sense. 

On that note… just popped in Nemesis. Hope everyone has a great rest of their Saturday. 

IMG_1552.thumb.jpeg.12de0a0474cf526b008f4c3c765cb808.jpeg

The odds of me getting tired of Nemesis and switching to First Contact are pretty high though… 

Star Trek Help GIF by Goldmaster

• Like 5

Good afternoon guys. So after church I hit up three different Walmart's and to my surprise the movie sections of all three were a wasteland. The book section didn't seem to fair any better and was about the same size as the movie section. I'd say about the size of a small walk in closet. I asked one of the employees who worked in that area when was the last time they received a restock of movies and he said it's been a while. So I asked about them taking over for best buy now in physical releases and he said he was looking forward to it but he really hopes they improves the shelving space and getting movies in the store because I wasn't the only one to come in and was disappointed with what was available. 

Good Day Water GIF by Yevbel

• Like 6

🤠 It’s Tuesday friends let’s try to have a nice day for whatever circumstances you fall in! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7vln1nh9qvatie3bc4n

88%
Clouds and warm with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm; breezy this afternoon; risk for severe thunderstorms at night

RealFeel®64°

RealFeel Shade™62°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindS 13 

• Like 4