IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

6 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone’s had a nice, relaxing day. Kicking back this evening with…

IMG_0821.thumb.jpeg.21d4371a996ff97c6f368794d4f95f7e.jpeg

Very cool! I still need to watch that, as I have heard amazing things. Currently, I am relaxing and watching "Year One" with the Mrs.

• Like 4

Awards

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nadam said:

Very cool! I still need to watch that, as I have heard amazing things. Currently, I am relaxing and watching "Year One" with the Mrs.

I actually envy you, wish I could see it again for the first time.  Not at all the kind of story I was expecting from PTA, was pleasantly caught off guard.

• Like 4

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be  ☁️  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Tripping Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

25%
Cloudy and not as cold

RealFeel®32°

RealFeel Shade™32°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindS 9 mph

• Like 3

On 1/19/2024 at 6:19 PM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Evidently this rare Italian horror title is dropping in 4K in May, anyone familiar with it?

IMG_0389.thumb.jpeg.76c166ac4abde3666cef60938150b0f6.jpeg

This is a delight! It has a Fulci/Argento/Bava feel with some bit of John Carpenter's The Thing thrown in. Highly Recommended @Heywoodmoutaw

On 1/19/2024 at 6:21 PM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Looks like I just earned the Posting Machine badge and I don’t know how to feel about it.  Hope I’m not annoying the hell out of everyone! :) 

Congrats on your new badge @Heywoodmoutaw!! Thank you for being awesome!

On 1/20/2024 at 4:22 PM, Nadam said:

Oooooooo, The Master in 70mm would be breathtaking! I read that PTA doesn't like to re-visit previous work based on former interviews, so it is possible we won't be seeing more of his work in 4K, but I really hope I am wrong. As you said, I also feel The Master would be a stellar reference-quality disc. I would also love to get Inherent Vice and Boogies Nights on 4K Blu-Ray, too.

Welcome to the family @Nadam!

10 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Well I hate to see the Bills lose, but a Mahomes-Jackson showdown should be fun.

After watching my Browns lose, I'd love to Mahomes vs Jackson!

• Like 4

Happy Monday All! We had a great time traveling to Houston for our daughter's Cheerleading Competition. I hope everyone stays warm out there!

Coffee Day GIF by ViralHog

32 Days Until SwornFest

1117 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

137 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

173 Days Until Retro Expo

278 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

283 Days Until Halloween

311 Days Until Thanksgiving

338 Days Until Christmas

345 Days Until New Year

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

This is a delight! It has a Fulci/Argento/Bava feel with some bit of John Carpenter's The Thing thrown in. Highly Recommended @Heywoodmoutaw

Congrats on your new badge @Heywoodmoutaw!! Thank you for being awesome!

Welcome to the family @Nadam!

After watching my Browns lose, I'd love to Mahomes vs Jackson!

Thank you so much!!

• Like 4

Awards

1 hour ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Monday All! We had a great time traveling to Houston for our daughter's Cheerleading Competition. I hope everyone stays warm out there!

Coffee Day GIF by ViralHog

32 Days Until SwornFest

1117 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

137 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

173 Days Until Retro Expo

278 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

283 Days Until Halloween

311 Days Until Thanksgiving

338 Days Until Christmas

345 Days Until New Year

How far did you have to travel to get to Houston?  Probably a good time to be there, when most of the country is a frozen tundra.  Hope the competition went well.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

How far did you have to travel to get to Houston?  Probably a good time to be there, when most of the country is a frozen tundra.  Hope the competition went well.

It was about 4 hours from our home in Arlington. It was a nice 43 with some mild rain there. Competition was fun, her group got 2nd place. We drove there and back in one day, so it was definitely a fun trip, plus we stopped by NASA Johnson Space Station and Waterfall Park.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nathan_s82 said:

her group got 2nd place. We drove there and back in one day, so it was definitely a fun trip, plus we stopped by NASA Johnson Space Station and Waterfall Park

I think there's a movie in there somewhere : cheerleading group on way home from competition, accidentally boards shuttle to Mars at Nasa?  Get writing Nate!!!!

Seriously though, very cool you did all that to support your kid, and congrats on the good showing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I think there's a movie in there somewhere : cheerleading group on way home from competition, accidentally boards shuttle to Mars at Nasa?  Get writing Nate!!!!

Seriously though, very cool you did all that to support your kid, and congrats on the good showing.

Thank you so much! One small step for cheerleading, one giant leap for Nerd & Geeks into space!

• Haha 4

So I found this on Amazon for $25.  I’ve read really good things about it, it’s usually $40 or $50, so I snapped it up.

IMG_0465.thumb.jpeg.74ce3bf7d1ebb93647a4125be9b20ff3.jpeg

To be honest, the way it was described (and given the usual cost), I was expecting something the size of a coffee table book. But for comparison:

IMG_0466.thumb.jpeg.5b6b4609df6c0291f43fb15715f75b7c.jpeg

Nevertheless, it appears to be as cool as advertised.  Lots of great photos, anecdotes, early script edits, etc.

IMG_0468.thumb.jpeg.5192d120f44913c6a01ff2aae1ef4dca.jpeg

IMG_0467.thumb.jpeg.ca5e60f8758e988f1b6212e076d9d880.jpeg

IMG_0469.thumb.jpeg.bc9fb1d9a7b1080c110d2637baf87c2f.jpeg

IMG_0469.thumb.jpeg.bc9fb1d9a7b1080c110d2637baf87c2f.jpeg

So, in lieu of a coffee table, our coffee table books go on my ottoman.  I like to pick up these books, read a chapter about a particular movie, then set them aside for a while.  Welcome to our ottoman, Mr. Kubrick.

IMG_0471.thumb.jpeg.ed0576ff0c54733d82a5c6bafeb76ef7.jpeg

IMG_0470.jpeg

• Like 6

Happy Tuesday All! From cold weather to rain, the weather has a mind of its' own. Have an awesome day!

Tuesday Morning Friday GIF

31 Days Until SwornFest

1116 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

136 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

172 Days Until Retro Expo

277 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

282 Days Until Halloween

310 Days Until Thanksgiving

337 Days Until Christmas

344 Days Until New Year

• Like 4