IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

11 hours ago, Veum said:

Thanks guys it is a…

Sony - 48" Class BRAVIA XR A90K OLED 4K UHD Smart Google TV

Reveal hidden contents

Product highlights:

Picture:
  • 47.5" screen (measured diagonally)
  • 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
  • High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision®, HDR10, HLG) extends picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
  • self-illuminating OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display panel produces infinite picture contrast and absolute black
    • OLED's pixel-level dimming enables each of the panel's pixels to brighten, dim, or power off completely, displaying exceptional picture detail, contrast, and depth
  • Cognitive Processor XR uses powerful real-time processing based on a human perspective for a true-to-life picture
    • XR OLED Contrast Pro increases brightness and enhances color contrast in high-luminance scenes
    • XR 4K Upscaling intelligently re-creates lost textures and detail in lower-res content
  • IMAX Enhanced certification for improved performance with IMAX Enhanced 4K/HDR content
  • XR Triluminos Pro display technology for a wider, more natural color palette
  • 120Hz refresh rate with XR OLED Motion for sharp, smooth motion even during fast action
Smart TV features:
  • Google TV interface lets you browse live TV, movies, and TV shows from across many streaming services all in one place
  • remote has built-in Google Assistant — control basic TV functions and compatible smart home gear, search TV's streaming services, set timers, and more
    • use wake word to access Google Assistant hands-free
  • dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
  • Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode mimics the settings on Netflix's mastering monitors to ensure an accurate picture
  • compatible with Apple® AirPlay® 2 for wireless streaming from compatible Apple devices
  • includes access to exclusive content on BRAVIA CORE
Gaming features:
  • 4K at 120Hz for smooth, stable graphics
  • Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces stutter and frame tearing for smoother gameplay
  • Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) for reduced input lag
  • Auto HDR Tone Mapping for PS5
Connections:
  • 4 HDMI inputs (two 2.0b, two 2.1)
    • all inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
    • to view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable 
    • HDMI 3 and HDMI 4 inputs support 4K/120Hz, VRR, and ALLM
    • supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
  • 1 composite video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
  • RF input for antenna/cable signals
  • Toslink optical digital audio output
  • Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
  • 2 USB inputs for connecting a thumb drive or hard drive
Sound:
  • Acoustic Surface Audio+ makes the entire screen a speaker
  • Acoustic Center Sync synchronizes TV speakers with compatible Sony soundbars for fuller, more immersive sound
    • works with Sony HT-A7000, HT-A5000 and HT-A9 systems
  • 3D Surround Upscaling uses XR signal processing to upscale even two-channel sources to simulated 5.1.2-channel sound
General features & info:
  • compatible with optional BRAVIA CAM for video chat, gesture control, and Ambient Optimization Pro (sold separately)
  • premium, compact backlit remote with metallic finish and finder function
  • wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
    • VESA mounting hole pattern: 300mm x 300mm
  • two-way stand has low-profile setting and raised option to accommodate a sound bar
  • dimensions:
    • with stand in standard position: 42-1/8"W x 24-7/8"H x 8-7/8"D
    • with stand in sound bar position: 42-1/8"W x 27-1/2"H x 8-7/8"D
    • without stand: 42-1/8"W x 24-5/8"H x 2-1/4"D
  • weight: 29.1 lbs. without stand; 37.1 lbs. with stand
  • warranty: 1 year parts & labor — in-home service
  • 60-day returns
  • MFR # XR48A90K
  •  

How's she looking, @Veum?

costanzas-can-keeper-chair.gif.96bce2413fbe864697e493eb65a0218e.gif

Edited by hansreinhardt
forgot the costanza gif
  • Like 4

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

right mike right this easy i can for you

the twin optical splitter plugs into the second box with the rca jacks the red and white sockets to the stereo

and an optical lead from telly to splitter

and an optical lead from blu ray to splitter

that will provide sound source for both devices

i get your taking down to 2ch stereo to feed all this but do think your quite mad xD 

i personally would have gone out and brought a proper cinema system to get the full cinema effect you cant get that on 2 channel stereo!!!

how do you hear a bullet travel across the room?

and @ukade2327 is right i would upgrade your hdmi to 2.1 leads if you want the 4k properly

i would personally go for below

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-Highwings-Braided-Cord-48Gbps-Dynamic/dp/B091GWJPJ5/ref=sr_1_4?crid=NKHN9D179ZGN&keywords=hdmi%2B2.1%2Bcable&qid=1704612817&sprefix=hdmi%2B2.1%2Caps%2C334&sr=8-4&th=1

81hVHuKKdoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

basil 👍

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

Hey @Veum 

RCA cables are for analog sound ..  new audio is digital  , modern AV Recievers And associated hardware / players are all equipped with multiple HDMI ports which carry multiple channel digital sound and digital video all in one cable  you’ll probably need to upgrade cables that are HDMi 2.1 compliant to get the best revsults .. 

no not mike he bought a stereo reciever NOT and AV reciever look at these connections 👍

box1

Onkyo TX-8020 Stereo Receiver Back View

he would need to buy a new up to date system

and there new 9.2 is showing up as $1399 for the receiver

https://emea.onkyo-av.com/receivers/av-receivers

and i get feeling mike wants to spend little as possible the telly do for the minute with stereo he has after all he is a pensioner now  

basil 👍

Edited by Basil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Basil said:

right mike right this easy i can for you

the twin optical splitter plugs into the second box with the rca jacks the red and white sockets to the stereo

and an optical lead from telly to splitter

and an optical lead from blu ray to splitter

that will provide sound source for both devices

i get your taking down to 2ch stereo to feed all this but do think your quite mad xD 

i personally would have gone out and brought a proper cinema system to get the full cinema effect you cant get that on 2 channel stereo!!!

how do you hear a bullet travel across the room?

and @ukade2327 is right i would upgrade your hdmi to 2.1 leads if you want the 4k properly

i would personally go for below

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-Highwings-Braided-Cord-48Gbps-Dynamic/dp/B091GWJPJ5/ref=sr_1_4?crid=NKHN9D179ZGN&keywords=hdmi%2B2.1%2Bcable&qid=1704612817&sprefix=hdmi%2B2.1%2Caps%2C334&sr=8-4&th=1

81hVHuKKdoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

basil 👍

@Basil Paul, I know I’m a noob to you and I’m so sorry to keep bothering you but in your post what do you mean by “the twin optical splitter plugs “? 🧐 

You do not know how much I do appreciate you Paul to take your precious time to try to help the ‘Ol guy Mike out, I DO LOVE YOU as “a brother from another mother”, my friend! 🙌

200.gif?cid=5bd0675eeo08ut6cevo5c9sw219r

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

How's she looking, @Veum?

costanzas-can-keeper-chair.gif.96bce2413fbe864697e493eb65a0218e.gif

@hansreinhardt to me it is nothing extraordinary but just a nice TV (it is a 2022 model) for our Living room (I did not think I’d miss a 55” TV but this 48” is good enough for me/us - wifey really doesn’t care much about any TV lol!), I wanted this model for the 4K aspect and the small area we have to use it for!! :)

BTW, I think our non-4K Sony TV (2016 KDL-48W600B) in our bedroom has a better picture! 😳 

10 hours ago, upmaniac said:

Congrats on the new TV, @Veum!  Hope it gives you many years of movie enjoyment!!

IMG_0196.gif.0f9da59d50ffe4e702f70113c3339580.gif

@upmaniac thank you so much for thinking of me my friend and I’m sure this TV will give us much enjoyment (but I have to conquer this sound set-up with this TV to my simple Stereo and speaker set-up or I’ll go nutty lol 🙏)! 😊 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️ 🌨️ 🥶  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Over It Fml GIF by IBTrav Artworks

SUN1/7

69%
WINTERCAST
Little to no accumulation 
Sat. 1/6, 10:00 PM - Sun. 1/7, 1:00 PM
Snow
A thick cloud cover with occasional snow and flurries, mainly early with little or no accumulation

RealFeel®29°

RealFeel Shade™29°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindW 10 mph

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Veum said:

@Basil Paul, I know I’m a noob to you and I’m so sorry to keep bothering you but in your post what do you mean by “the twin optical splitter plugs “? 🧐 

You do not know how much I do appreciate you Paul to take your precious time to try to help the ‘Ol guy Mike out, I DO LOVE YOU as “a brother from another mother”, my friend! 🙌

200.gif?cid=5bd0675eeo08ut6cevo5c9sw219r

this box 

image.thumb.jpeg.5851d8e42e6f0ecd889f73a08e48eeff.jpeg

the lead of the box above

plugs into the box below into optical socket

71Vdhr8xI6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

that makes up the main units

with the top splitter box because you are turning 1 optical signal into 2 optical signals, you are splitting them if that makes sense

then a lead from each ports (holes) of the splitter boxes (separate optical leads) 

one lead to back of telly

second lead plugs into back of blu ray player

hope that clears it up 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Basil said:

this box 

image.thumb.jpeg.5851d8e42e6f0ecd889f73a08e48eeff.jpeg

the lead of the box above

plugs into the box below into optical socket

71Vdhr8xI6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

that makes up the main units

with the top splitter box because you are turning 1 optical signal into 2 optical signals, you are splitting them if that makes sense

then a lead from each ports (holes) of the splitter boxes (separate optical leads) 

one lead to back of telly

second lead plugs into back of blu ray player

hope that clears it up 👍

Paul does that mean I have to order that 5V 1A Plug that is not included and where do I use it and if I do could you provide a Amazon.com link for me? 🤔 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Veum said:

Paul does that mean I have to order that 5V 1A Plug that is not included and where do I use it and if I do could you provide a Amazon.com link for me? 🤔 

no a usb power lead is provided pic below

71wNWdV3UEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

then buy the big white plug i showed you earlier and that takes the usb socket on that, plus will give you spare sockets and spare usbs for phones or tablets as well 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Every time I see the 4K E.T. set that comes with lunchbox and thermos, I talk myself out of it.  Now here it is on Amazon for $30.  *sigh*

Just realizing that the all region player you guys helped me pick out means I can finally get Rififi on blu ray!  To the best of my knowledge, only available on DVD in North America (which I have).

As for this very moment, may not finish it, but I have The Northman on in the living room.  So gorgeous.  Can’t wait to see what Robert Eggers has done with Nosferatu later this year.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Now here it is on Amazon for $30.  *sigh*

Always Sunny Dance GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

36 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

The Northman on in the living room.  So gorgeous.  Can’t wait to see what Robert Eggers has done with Nosferatu later this year.

Oh man yeah, the cinematography in Northman is a sight to behold. I only have the digital 4K, gotta go for the disc myself one of these days! I'm excited for Nosferatu too, though I haven't even seen the original.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Oh man yeah, the cinematography in Northman is a sight to behold. I only have the digital 4K, gotta go for the disc myself one of these days! I'm excited for Nosferatu too, though I haven't even seen the original.

If I were in your position, I don’t know if I would watch some of the earlier versions or go in fresh.  Tough call.

The Werner Herzog version with Klaus Kinski is amazing.  Coppola’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula looks beautiful and tells the story in a pretty straightforward way, outside of Keanu (who doesn’t stick out as much as he used to) the performances are outstanding.  I’ve never seen the original silent film.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

could i ask a favour of you all please?

could you sign the petition below, basically in the uk we had paula vennells in charge of the post office

had a computer system that was faulty and ended up sending over 555 people bankrupt accused of theft or to jail, some killed themselves

anyway she was awarded a CBE honor this petition is to ask get that honor removed 

all it need is name and email address, just tick box you dont want further contact

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/strip-paula-vennells-of-her-cbe

Ufc 205 Thank You GIF by UFC

basil 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Every time I see the 4K E.T. set that comes with lunchbox and thermos, I talk myself out of it.  Now here it is on Amazon for $30.  *sigh*

Just FYI Bud, that 40th Gift Set is Amazon exclusive and not the same as the original 40th Zavvi set (below) that came with a steel and more goodies.  Thus the $30 price for the Amazon set.  Not saying you shouldn’t grab it, just wanted to clarify in case you didn’t know.  

image.thumb.jpeg.309244ecb4276786f15cb85b4895386f.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

8 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

If I were in your position, I don’t know if I would watch some of the earlier versions or go in fresh.  Tough call.

The Werner Herzog version with Klaus Kinski is amazing.  Coppola’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula looks beautiful and tells the story in a pretty straightforward way, outside of Keanu (who doesn’t stick out as much as he used to) the performances are outstanding.  I’ve never seen the original silent film.

Love the Dracula legend, this is one of my favs and I highly recommend it as Jack Palance is terrifying and mesmerizing for me 🧛‍♂️ 

image.jpeg.a451bc35fbded2fe715a6dbaff1fe969.jpeg

• Like 6

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Monsters Inc Monday GIF by Disney Pixar

18%
Sun and areas of high clouds this morning, then rather cloudy this afternoon

RealFeel®35°

RealFeel Shade™35°

Max UV Index2 Low

WindESE 9 mph

• Like 4