IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

1 minute ago, Gary K said:

That’s the fun thing about art - appreciation is 100% subjective.  

Yes, indeed. I appreciate @Reagh's input and look forward to seeing the film and forming my own impression of it. Going into it, my expectation is that Eggers and cast would have to do a hell of a lot wrong to make me dislike a Viking revenge flick. And who knows, it may not vibe with me, either. We shall see! Eventually... whenever the kids allow it... 

• Like 2

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
56 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Yes, indeed. I appreciate @Reagh's input and look forward to seeing the film and forming my own impression of it. Going into it, my expectation is that Eggers and cast would have to do a hell of a lot wrong to make me dislike a Viking revenge flick. And who knows, it may not vibe with me, either. We shall see! Eventually... whenever the kids allow it... 

I particularly enjoy reading positive takes on movies I don’t think I like/love.  More often than not, these reviews can cause me to re-evaluate my opinion and at least give a rewatch.   

On the other side, negative reviews of my favs are fun the gauge how blind my love might actually be to weaknesses in the movie.  

so bring ‘em on!

• Like 3

SUNDAY DAY OFF = CHILL, WATCH TV AND VENT ABOUT HOW CRAP FAC IS LOL.

A mate recommended this to me a little while ago, I finished off something I was watching and then started it. JESUSS where have I been since 2019 because I hadn't heard of it 🤣

Its whacky and crazy, and a superhero show with a twist and I'm really enjoying it. Polar opposite of all this PG marvel crap and watered down shows. Does anybody watch it and like it??

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vUlRUVjczNzIyNC53ZWJw.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

A mate recommended this to me a little while ago, I finished off something I was watching and then started it. JESUSS where have I been since 2019 because I hadn't heard of it 🤣

Its whacky and crazy, and a superhero show with a twist and I'm really enjoying it. Polar opposite of all this PG marvel crap and watered down shows. Does anybody watch it and like it??

I freaking LOVE The Boys! It's going to be a damn long wait for season 4, though; guessing it'll drop next June? Ugh. May have to revisit the first three seasons to fill the gap. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah I’ve been watching it since it first came out. It’s one of my favourite shows Absolutely love how crazy it is especially homelander next level crazy as much as I hate the character the acting is perfect for him. If you only just started your in for some fun 😂.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
12 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Absolutely love it.  If you dig animation, check out Invincible on Amazon prime too.  Similar bonkers tone.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I freaking LOVE The Boys! It's going to be a damn long wait for season 4, though; guessing it'll drop next June? Ugh. May have to revisit the first three seasons to fill the gap. 

6 minutes ago, Hecko said:

Yeah I’ve been watching it since it first came out. It’s one of my favourite shows Absolutely love how crazy it is especially homelander next level crazy as much as I hate the character the acting is perfect for him. If you only just started your in for some fun 😂.

4 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Absolutely love it.  If you dig animation, check out Invincible on Amazon prime too.  Similar bonkers tone.  

So glad we are in agreement at how good it is lol. 

Yeah I'm nearing the end of S2 and Homelander is just absolutely ruthless isn't he..but agreed the guy playing him is great, the facial expressions, mannerisms etc are nailed on so well. Heard S3 is great too so I can't wait to get through it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Yeah, on and off.

I've been mainly following the swimming relay and the Rugby.

What about you?

Yeah I tend to follow Commonwealth and Olympic Games. And right now it’s nice to have some positives to watch/discuss/hear about. I’m not particularly fussed when the Rugby is on, but have been watching the Swimming and decathlons etc. looking forward to the track events.

Your Boys and Girls have been very impressive! You could tell the Aussie girl who finished this morning for the decathlon relay for Bronze ran her heart out at the end. She went straight to ground once her team mates were in touching distance.

The two crashes in the cycling looked bad but thankful all appear to be ok. 👍🏼

Anyway, now off to support the Lionesses in the Euro Final against Germany! Loving the sport right now 😊

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

Yeah I tend to follow Commonwealth and Olympic Games. And right now it’s nice to have some positives to watch/discuss/hear about. I’m not particularly fussed when the Rugby is on, but have been watching the Swimming and decathlons etc. looking forward to the track events.

Your Boys and Girls have been very impressive! You could tell the Aussie girl who finished this morning for the decathlon relay for Bronze ran her heart out at the end. She went straight to ground once her team mates were in touching distance.

The two crashes in the cycling looked bad but thankful all appear to be ok. 👍🏼

Anyway, now off to support the Lionesses in the Euro Final against Germany! Loving the sport right now 😊

Yeah, I'm proud of how we've been going so far, especially with the women's swimming team relay.

Definitely reminded me of how we did back in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games (which I've seen a lot of commentators comparing those wins to). 

Watching that as a kid, I thought Ian Thorpe was an absolute machine.

• Like 3