IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
24 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I know that this will likely go over the heads of my American friends, but for all of my British Psychos out there….

Whilst my team Leeds United haven’t even kicked a ball yet in the Premier League, our 19 year old CENTRE BACK Charlie Cresswell is currently the TOP GOAL SCORER in the Championship! 😂😁😁

EA0D840F-BAFC-406A-8E9C-0B9CB8C1D652.png

36AE63B0-30B5-42CF-9769-14957108971A.jpeg

Will likely Never get a brag like that one ever again so had to be done 😁👍🏼 

Donald Glover What GIF by Crave

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I know that this will likely go over the heads of my American friends, but for all of my British Psychos out there….

Whilst my team Leeds United haven’t even kicked a ball yet in the Premier League, our 19 year old CENTRE BACK Charlie Cresswell is currently the TOP GOAL SCORER in the Championship! 😂😁😁

how you think going to do this season? That’s good tho at 19 playing first team in championship. I’m just hoping for a top four for us. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

gotta take  these opportunities while you can i understand these things 👍

as i speak of pompey 🙄

lets hope he keeps it up for a while 👍

early leads can always help towards back end of it all :D

oh and

Soccer Player GIF by Sadie

basil :D

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Hecko said:

how you think going to do this season? That’s good tho at 19 playing first team in championship. I’m just hoping for a top four for us. 

Obviously looking for 17th upwards 😂 But last season was the worst season I have EVER known in terms of injuries, and I mean that for any team, not just my boys. Of course it didn’t help when Bielsa refused to add to his wafer thin squad in January. But we have added 7 players so far and expect 2 or 3 more, so as long as they stay fit (no longer training at crazy Bielsa levels) then I see no reason why we can’t realise a mid table finish.

Ultimately, it depends on how good Jesse Marsch is as a coach, but the early signs are promising. 🤞🏼

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basil said:

@Robertm89 hows newcastle going to do this season while we on about footy again?

united newcastle GIF

Some fans are being too ambitious, it's still early days. When we've had several seasons of down near the bottom and relegated a couple of times. I'd personally be happy with a conformable top half finish. You a footy fan? Who do you support if so.

• Like 3

Good Morning Psychos! 

10 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Some fans are being too ambitious, it's still early days. When we've had several seasons of down near the bottom and relegated a couple of times. I'd personally be happy with a conformable top half finish. You a footy fan? Who do you support if so.

My brothers a Newcastle fan. I like how they are not going crazy with money and being sensible, it will take a few seasons but I think you will be up there eventually.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Hecko said:

Good Morning Psychos! 

My brothers a Newcastle fan. I like how they are not going crazy with money and being sensible, it will take a few seasons but I think you will be up there eventually.

With 40mil rejected for Maddison, it will be interesting to see if they go back in again (Leicester want 60). If they land Maddison, that could open the floodgates, though they do need to be careful what they spend before they realise European football.

I think you’re right though @Hecko give it a season or two and they will be up in the European spots at someone like West Ham’s expense I am sure.

I literally just read an article that highlights whilst teams like Newcastle can splash the cash on proven Prem quality, it shows just what a gamble it is for teams like Leeds who on the face of it look to have done good business, but have signed players outside of the Prem in a bid to find a bargain.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

@MikeH5856 Did you find the time to watch The Northman buddy? And if so, did you like it?

Really keen to hear some opinions/reviews of this one.

I know you asked @MikeH5856, but thought I’d give my mini review I’d posted on Letterboxd a few weeks ago:

While I'm bummed I missed The Northman in the theater, the new 4K disc (with Dolby Atmos) gave my home theater a real workout and is certainly reference quality in many ways.

As for the film - HOLY stop using inappropriate language. This is certainly one of the very best of the year (so far). A fairly standard revenge tale set in viking times is elevated by the most gorgeous cinematography, production design, sound design and acting that this genre has any right to expect. Insane, no cut action sequences and hyper violence expertly delivered by Eggars and his crew are so bonkers that I can't wait to watch this again.

Skaarsgard is perfectly cast in the lead role and brings a necessary animalistic energy to the violent action scenes and a somewhat unexpected vulnerability to the thematic elements. The rest of the cast (particularly Kidman) are uniformly excellent as well.

But really I can't get over how amazing the movie LOOKS. There are dozens of frames I'd hang on the wall.  

Too bad the movie was a box office disappointment and we won't soon see Eggars with this big a budget again. Not that I'd mind another Witch or Lighthouse of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gary K said:

I know you asked @MikeH5856, but thought I’d give my mini review I’d posted on Letterboxd a few weeks ago:

While I'm bummed I missed The Northman in the theater, the new 4K disc (with Dolby Atmos) gave my home theater a real workout and is certainly reference quality in many ways.

As for the film - HOLY stop using inappropriate language. This is certainly one of the very best of the year (so far). A fairly standard revenge tale set in viking times is elevated by the most gorgeous cinematography, production design, sound design and acting that this genre has any right to expect. Insane, no cut action sequences and hyper violence expertly delivered by Eggars and his crew are so bonkers that I can't wait to watch this again.

Skaarsgard is perfectly cast in the lead role and brings a necessary animalistic energy to the violent action scenes and a somewhat unexpected vulnerability to the thematic elements. The rest of the cast (particularly Kidman) are uniformly excellent as well.

But really I can't get over how amazing the movie LOOKS. There are dozens of frames I'd hang on the wall.  

Too bad the movie was a box office disappointment and we won't soon see Eggars with this big a budget again. Not that I'd mind another Witch or Lighthouse of course.

Sweet. Thank you @Gary K 👍🏼

As soon as I saw the trailer I figured I would like this, but just haven’t got around to it just yet. Will probably be an Autumn/Winter watch once I stop spending my free time in the garden, and more time on the sofa 😁

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

@MikeH5856 Did you find the time to watch The Northman buddy? And if so, did you like it?

My opinion on this one is not a popular one, but I hated this. I found the acting to be laughably bad. The story is basic and the pacing is boring. I am a really big fan of Robert Eggers films, but I just couldn’t get into this one. 3/10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

No luck yet, sorry! I have two young boys and they have some kind of sixth sense - whenever I want to do something after they're in bed, they somehow know and do everything in their power to sabotage me. 🤣🤣🤣 We ended up watching a Shark Week thing on Disocovery+ and then I passed out.

Thankfully, @Gary Kposted a much better review than I'd be capable of! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Reagh said:

My opinion on this one is not a popular one, but I hated this. I found the acting to be laughably bad. The story is basic and the pacing is boring. I am a really big fan of Robert Eggers films, but I just couldn’t get into this one. 3/10

Interesting! I thought it was Egger’s best film yet, or maybe tied with Witch. The pacing was a little slow, but that’s almost expected with Eggers and that would perhaps be my only complaint. Actors and set pieces were incredible in my opinion. I’d probably give it an 8.5/10. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

2 minutes ago, damships said:

Interesting! I thought it was Egger’s best film yet, or maybe tied with Witch. The pacing was a little slow, but that’s almost expected with Eggers and that would perhaps be my only complaint. Actors and set pieces were incredible in my opinion. I’d probably give it an 8.5/10. 

Yeah, I know it’s a very unpopular opinion. I’m happy you and so many others enjoyed it because I really do enjoy his other films and I want to see more from him in the future. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gary K said:

What's the link to your Letterboxd, man? (Are we allowed to share these here?)

• ★ Administrators ★
45 minutes ago, Reagh said:

That’s the fun thing about art - appreciation is 100% subjective.  

• Like 4