IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, damships said:

Hope everyone has been doing well. Still house hunting. Putting in 3 offers today. It's been exhausting. Can't wait until we hit one so I can focus on shelving and premiums again. 🤣

House Hunting Home GIF by TLC

@damships there is a house available for ya 😂 

image.jpeg.d691210f62919605523aa50679993a4f.jpeg

Classic Film Smiling GIF

10 hours ago, damships said:

@Veum What happened to ZORRO?! And if you are changing the icon, shouldn't it be the short little old man provided earlier? 🤣

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, damships said:

Hope everyone has been doing well. Still house hunting. Putting in 3 offers today. It's been exhausting. Can't wait until we hit one so I can focus on shelving and premiums again. 🤣

We wish you the best of luck on the offers. After getting ours, shelving was the first thing I was thinking about, lol.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, damships said:

Good luck on the hunting! We gave up & went this route instead. Definitely thinking about shelving & the theater we are putting in the basement 🙂

House.jpg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, damships said:

This was so freaking awkward lol. I don’t think it was okay on Will Smith’s part. Stand-up comedy is always edgy and makes fun of everyone. 

Yeah Hollywood get a back-bone… I miss the Dean Martin type roasts, Seinfeld type stand-up comic shows, etc.

28 minutes ago, defdan14 said:

Good luck on the hunting! We gave up & went this route instead. Definitely thinking about shelving & the theater we are putting in the basement 🙂

House.jpg

Very exciting times for ya @defdan14 congrats! 🙌

I remember how excited we were to have our house built way back when (but wish I’d been into collecting then and had a theatre room done at the time of our build C’est la Vie 😞)! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, defdan14 said:

House.jpg

We started considering this. We have two offers out. If nothing sticks, we may go the constructions route. Good luck on the house! Looks great! 

• Like 2

Awards

Best Buy update:

Dear My Best Buy® member,

Thank you for being a part of My Best Buy. We would like to inform you of the updated Terms and Conditions, including changes to the dispute resolution terms, coming to the My Best Buy program on May 3, 2022 (View updated My Best Buy program Terms here).

In an effort to simplify the program, we will be consolidating the Elite Plus, Elite and My Best Buy tiers into a single tier. On May 3, 2022, you are moving to the standard My Best Buy program*.

We are also updating how points are displayed within the program. As a My Best Buy member, you will receive 1% back in rewards on qualifying purchases (0.5 points for every $1 spent) at Best Buy® and Participating Properties. My Best Buy Credit Cardmembers can choose to earn 5% back* in rewards (2.5 points for every $1 spent) on Best Buy purchases.

For a limited time only, as an existing Elite or Elite Plus member, you can earn a bonus $25 reward certificate* when you're approved for the My Best Buy® Credit Card in addition to choosing 10% back* in rewards on your first day of purchases or flexible financing. Offer ends 5/2/22. Apply Now.

Thank you for being a Best Buy customer and a member of My Best Buy. We value and appreciate your business. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1‑888‑BEST BUY (1‑888‑237‑8289).

-The Best Buy Team

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ShadowWarrior said:

Best Buy update:

Dear My Best Buy® member,

Thank you for being a part of My Best Buy. We would like to inform you of the updated Terms and Conditions, including changes to the dispute resolution terms, coming to the My Best Buy program on May 3, 2022 (View updated My Best Buy program Terms here).

In an effort to simplify the program, we will be consolidating the Elite Plus, Elite and My Best Buy tiers into a single tier. On May 3, 2022, you are moving to the standard My Best Buy program*.

We are also updating how points are displayed within the program. As a My Best Buy member, you will receive 1% back in rewards on qualifying purchases (0.5 points for every $1 spent) at Best Buy® and Participating Properties. My Best Buy Credit Cardmembers can choose to earn 5% back* in rewards (2.5 points for every $1 spent) on Best Buy purchases.

For a limited time only, as an existing Elite or Elite Plus member, you can earn a bonus $25 reward certificate* when you're approved for the My Best Buy® Credit Card in addition to choosing 10% back* in rewards on your first day of purchases or flexible financing. Offer ends 5/2/22. Apply Now.

Thank you for being a Best Buy customer and a member of My Best Buy. We value and appreciate your business. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1‑888‑BEST BUY (1‑888‑237‑8289).

-The Best Buy Team

I'm guessing this is so they can get rid of free shipping for Elite and Elite Plus tiers. Especially since I just got promoted to the Elite tier a few months ago... 🤣

@damships @Veum I’ve never understood the American “Roast” comedy. As an Englishman I personally think it is just straight up cringy and offensive. I don’t see it is as clever in anyway. Can’t say I blame Mr. Smith after having his family targeted for years by Mr. Rock (and others) and for what? So that he can get a public laugh at someone else’s expense? He couldn’t pick a more public place to insult someone.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not fussed either way as it makes no difference to my life, so I’m not riled in any way. I just don’t think it’s right to target people like that, especially when it’s medical related. There’s being funny, and then there’s just being a Co*k. He’s lucky Will had the foresight to only make it a slap IMO. 🤷🏼‍♂️😁

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@damships @Veum I’ve never understood the American “Roast” comedy. As an Englishman I personally think it is just straight up cringy and offensive. I don’t see it is as clever in anyway. Can’t say I blame Mr. Smith after having his family targeted for years by Mr. Rock (and others) and for what? So that he can get a public laugh at someone else’s expense? He couldn’t pick a more public place to insult someone.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not fussed either way as it makes no difference to my life, so I’m not riled in any way. I just don’t think it’s right to target people like that, especially when it’s medical related. There’s being funny, and then there’s just being a Co*k. He’s lucky Will had the foresight to only make it a slap IMO. 🤷🏼‍♂️😁

@Pbsw23 different cultures I guess, but it is all in plain fun not malicious in its totality, these are comedians you know, the humor is not meant for real life! 🤣

The hypocrisy drips here as the award shows do not allow violence of any sort on their shows but do nothing when smith assaults rock. 😠 

If you or me had approached that stage we’d be prosecuted to the hilt!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

The hypocrisy drips here as the award shows do not allow violence of any sort on their shows but do nothing when smith assaults rock. 😠 

If you or me had approached that stage we’d be prosecuted to the hilt!

Oh for Damn sure!

But then equally would you or I have the inclination to walk the streets insulting people to get a laugh? Pretty sure we’d get more than a slap. 😁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Oh for Damn sure!

But then equally would you or I have the inclination to walk the streets insulting people to get a laugh? Pretty sure we’d get more than a slap. 😁

No I’m not talking about insulting anyone in the streets, a comedy club type setting is not the streets and you know what you are getting when you go in… it’s all in FUN not to be taken seriously at all! ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Veum said:

No I’m not talking about insulting anyone in the streets, a comedy club type setting is not the streets and you know what you are getting when you go in… it’s all in FUN not to be taken seriously at all! ;)

Are you telling me that a prestigious award ceremony is a Comedy club setting? 😁 I’m not buying that one Mike. Think this particular swipe wasn’t in the dress rehearsal (something else that comedy clubs don’t have).

Its all good though. Each to their own and all that. I’m just saying people shouldn’t be offended or up in arms that a Man made a stand to protect his family after being publicly insulted. 

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I think roasting can be very funny but it takes a special kind of performer to pull it off without ruffling any feathers.

Here is a prime example by the man who turned roasting into an art form. Most of the 'victims' were Rickles' personal friends but he was always careful no to cross any lines and every roasting ended with Rickles expressing his affection and admiration for the 'roastee'.

No cuss words or cheap shots, just pure class and always very funny. Rock's performance had neither of these attributes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1