IGNORED

Dies und Das (2021)

extantsrevenge

vor 1 Minute schrieb hal56:

Greatly? Hmmm. For me they are nearly equal. Minus the originality effect of part1 , I found part 2 better. Especially the editing - when they switch between 2 or 3 different locations during suspense scenes - was excellent. 

dann lasse ich mich mal überraschen,kenne den 2.Teil noch nicht

• Like 5

• Replies 103.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Greatly? Hmmm. For me they are nearly equal. Minus the originality effect of part1 , I found part 2 better. Especially the editing - when they switch between 2 or 3 different locations during suspense scenes - was excellent. 

I'm not sure I can qualify the exact reasoning behind it, it's more of a feeling I guess.

I'll have to watch it again and get back to you.

Maybe it was the smaller, more intimate and contained setting of the first one.

Or that I was more on the edge of my seat and tightly wound throughout the first one more than I was when watching the second one.

I'm not quite sure.

I will say both are on par in terms of the technical craftsmanship and acting on display. And the ending to Part II with the intercutting between each child facing their own monster was quite well done.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Cornbuster said:

An increasingly getting stupid world population needs increasingly getting stupid movies.

So - what do you think about a test result like "mainstream -suitable ".

Funny Face Lol GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I don’t agree the population is getting more stupid. I believe people with brains underestimated just how many people in the world are stupid.

giphy.gif

I believe smart people really thought they was the majority on the planet 🤦🏾‍♂️

giphy.gif

Now thanks to Social Media dumb people have a platform to spread their dumbness in a way they couldn’t before.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And now smart people are realizing what the real truth is…….they were never the majority, but actually the minority in the world

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Fortis93:

I'm not sure I can exactly qualify the exact reasoning behind it, it's more of a feeling I guess.

Maybe it was the smaller, more intimate and contained setting of the first one.

Or that I was more on the edge of my seat and tightly wound throughout the first one more than I was when watching the second one.

I'm not quite sure.

I will say both are on par in terms of the technical craftsmanship and acting. And the ending to Part II with the intercutting between each child facing their own monster was quite well done.

I understand. Maybe it just wasnt the right day to watch it. Can relate to that. 

Change of topic: just seen you ordered the Thing from HMV but they are sold out. U should make a request in the Zavvi thread

• Like 7

Just now, hal56 said:

I understand. Maybe it just wasnt the right day to watch it. Can relate to that. 

Change of topic: just seen you ordered the Thing from HMV but they are sold out. U should make a request in the Zavvi thread

Fortunately, I was very quick to order it from Zavvi. 

I was going to wait for them to release Escape from New York, but I didn't want to wait when I saw it was already available on HMV.

I missed out when it was first released (I did get They Live though) and was actually considering paying a fortune to some scalping a**hole on eBay for a copy.

I'm very happy they're getting re-released, partly because I get a copy and partly because these scalpers can f**k themselves.

• Like 6

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Fortis93:

Fortunately, I was very quick to order it from Zavvi. 

I was going to wait for them to release Escape from New York, but I didn't want to wait when I saw it was already available on HMV.

I missed out when it was first released (I did get They Live though) and was actually considering paying a fortune to some scalping a**hole on eBay for a copy.

I'm very happy they're getting re-released, partly because I get a copy and partly because these scalpers can f**k themselves.

Those digipacks are really cool. And if I had to choose, Id take them over the steels. Thankfully, I have both  except the Escape from NY steelbook .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Those digipacks are really cool. And if I had to choose, Id take them over the steels. Thankfully, I have both  except the Escape from NY steelbook .

I agree.

I currently have the digipack for They Live and the steelbook for Escape from New York.

I've ordered both digipack and steelbook for The Thing. It's one of my favourite films, and I quite like both editions.

I just don't want to hesitate, miss out then regret that later on. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I'm not sure I can qualify the exact reasoning behind it, it's more of a feeling I guess.

Maybe it was the smaller, more intimate and contained setting of the first one.

Or that I was more on the edge of my seat and tightly wound throughout the first one more than I was when watching the second one.

I'm not quite sure.

I will say both are on par in terms of the technical craftsmanship and acting on display. And the ending to Part II with the intercutting between each child facing their own monster was quite well done.

I would say it’s because the first movie was new, & you didn’t know what to expect which heightened your nerves & created a more memorable experience. With the second movie you now have some idea about the world, & what to expect, because the movie has the characters dealing with situations we’ve seen before in other movies with similar settings.

That’s the uphill battle sequels have to climb, can the creators capture the same magic that excited audiences the first time. History has shown us often time it can’t be done, but AQP2 does get very close. I can see how some fans would prefer either over the other because they both are well made. 

• Like 4

vor 1 Minute schrieb Fortis93:

I agree.

I currently have the digipack for They Live and the steelbook for Escape from New York.

I've ordered both digipack and steelbook for The Thing. It's one of my favourite films, and I quite like both editions.

I just don't want to hesitate, miss out then regret that later on. 

I will buy almost any edition of the thing, also one of my faves.

Curious, which steelbook Filmarena will use: zavvi's or Amazon's ...🤔

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

PNJ3wUX.jpg

@BobaFett1974

I do agree that the movie is very well done, exciting, & will offer some legitimate frights for the viewer. Why I don’t like the movie pass the first 15 mins or so is because of character decisions. It’s not enjoyable for me to watch modern horror movies with characters who make dumb decisions throughout the runtime.

I’ll give it a pass in old Horror, but I find myself rolling my eyes at character’s actions in modern Horror, because characters making dumb mistakes to further the plot is a Horror movie cliche. They don’t have to be dumb, but they’re written that way to move the story along. There is a few characters in A Quite Place 2 that fit what I’m explaining & they killed my enjoyment. 

Like I said the movie is well made, & I believe most viewers will enjoy it, (I would recommend it) but I personally don’t ever need to revisit it. 

I’ve tried to tell ya over & over the dumbing down of our world is already here 😱 

3 hours ago, Catgirl said:

gleich mal ausgenutzt , da von mp ja keine Rechnungen kommen ...... 😜

3 hours ago, Cornbuster said:

Hängt ab vom Standpunkt des Betrachters. Meiner:

Ich nutze das mal lieber nicht aus, da noch mp Rechnungen kommen ..... 😜

mischievous the sandlot GIF

You can have my MP bills, I’ve got at least 8 invoices now 😔 

2 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I was also thinking of getting the Best Buy steelbook. I really like that one, too.

2 hours ago, hal56 said:

I will buy almost any edition of the thing, also one of my faves.

Curious, which steelbook Filmarena will use: zavvi's or Amazon's ...🤔

That’s the one I ordered 2 of… I got in when they had it for the lower price for a short time! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I would say it’s because the first movie was new, & you didn’t know what to expect which heightened your nerves & created a more memorable experience. With the second movie you now have some idea about the world, & what to expect, because the movie has the characters dealing with situations we’ve seen before in other movies with similar settings.

That’s the uphill battle sequels have to climb, can the creators capture the same magic that excited audiences the first time. History has shown us often time it can’t be done, but AQP2 does get very close. I can see how some fans would prefer either over the other because they both are well made. 

I was going to reply to this sooner, but needed some time to formulate and organise my thoughts. 

I agree that the best sequels take what was great about what came before and manage to use that as a springboard to progress/develop the story and characters in a new and/or interesting direction. 

On paper (and first viewing), AQP2 begins to scratch the surface by expanding the world and revealing new things about the creatures and how to fight them. I'm just not sure it takes enough steps (story, character and stakes wise) from the original to truly elevate itself as a superior film even though it deftly avoids being a mere retread.

I'll definitely be in my collection in the the form of a premium release as I do think it's quite a solid entry and has rewatchability, something that is becoming increasingly rare for me with films these days. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I was going to reply to this sooner, but needed some time to formulate and organise my thoughts. 

No problem I sometimes need more to ponder my thoughts as well. One of the benefits of forum chit-chatting is we can pick back up anytime from where we left off.

I agree that the best sequels take what was great about what came before and manage to use that as a springboard to progress/develop the story and characters in a new and/or interesting direction. 

On paper (and first viewing), AQP2 begins to scratch the surface by expanding the world and revealing new things about the creatures and how to fight them. I'm just not sure it takes enough steps (story, character and stakes wise) from the original to truly elevate itself as a superior film even though it deftly avoids being a mere retread.

I'm of a similar mind thinking that while the film does add more to the universe it doesn't add enough to make it the better of the two films. It feels very close, & I believe that’s because of the continued strong direction. 

I'll definitely be in my collection in the the form of a premium release as I do think it's quite a solid entry and has rewatchability, something that is becoming increasingly🧔🏽♂️👮‍♀️ rare for me with films these days. 

If we're just talking overall quality I definitely can say it would make the short list of films that are considered good sequels. I can even see that as someone who didn't “enjoy” the film, actually, honestly speaking I didn't enjoy either film. Them damn kids had me too upset throughout both films 😂. I enjoy Emily Blunt & John Krasinski though so I don't mind supporting the films but these films aren't making my rewatch list. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3