• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Veum said:

Paul with all seriousness our whole WORLD 🌎 🌍 is in a constant MESS and I’m truly SICK OF IT! 😢 😡 

complete;y agree ALL politicians and rest of world messed up personally think we could live with out them, for my money there only lining their own pockets.

nothing such noble as wanting to do good anymore, not when moneys involved

i say let cats and dogs run it at least there honest 👍

Cats And Dogs GIF by JustViral.Net - Find & Share on GIPHY

basil 👍

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Basil said:

complete;y agree ALL politicians and rest of world messed up personally think we could live with out them, for my money there only lining their own pockets.

nothing such noble as wanting to do good anymore, not when moneys involved

i say let cats and dogs run it at least there honest 👍

Cats And Dogs GIF by JustViral.Net - Find & Share on GIPHY

basil 👍

I’m in complete knowing this is how the world is going to act in these last days cause we have abandoned HIM 🙏 😇

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Gentleman said:

In Germany, it's the same problem (as in many, well-developed countries): everyone is studying at the universities, but the craft businesses can hardly find new employees. So in a few years you'll find a lawyer for everything, but no one to fix your roof.... 😶 And this despite the fact that I have read that many craftsmen now earn better than university graduates (and a heating engineer friend confirmed this to me). It's just that no one wants to do hard physical work anymore.

It's a complex problem.

In Spain this started when the generation of illiterate or semi-illiterate workers of the 50s, 60s and 70s tried to give their children a better life and not have to work with their hands like them. When that's not a bad thing. 

But I guess it's something that to one extent or another has happened in many countries.

Then we have the problem of education, for the last 20-30 years, with super-protected children, who seem not to be able to suffer anything, not to face any difficulties. 
Their inability to tolerate failure has led to a proliferation of child-emperors, and the education system has had to lower its standards several times because of the high drop-out rate.

And now these children are adults who should be working. But in their heads they were destined to be perpetual children, with everything taken care of by their parents. And when they have to make an effort, they get blocked; when they have to get out of their comfort zone, they collapse.

The problem is no longer that they don't want to work hard: it's that they are not capable either.

And I'm not just talking about working with your hands: even in an office, in front of a computer, many can't stand the pressure. They believe that working is just "being there", and when the obligation to meet deadlines, challenges, results, and objectives arrives, they die.

When you find someone who doesn't, it's gold.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, raylight said:

@all Psychos:

Bei mir ist es so, dass ich mittlerweile eigentlich gar keinen Platz mehr habe, um all die schönen Sondereditionen richtig zur Geltung kommen zu lassen. *seufz*

Meine Regale sind nun, nach gut 3.000 Titeln, überfüllt. Da geht fast nix mehr. 🥴

Daher nun der Plan, Platz zu schaffen und Euch zu fragen, ob ihr mit diesen "Folien-Hüllen" schon Erfahrungen gesammelt habt. Mein Plan ist nämlich, meine gesamten Amarays von den Hüllen zu "befreien" und in diesen Folien zu archivieren:

https://www.t3lshop.de/shop/blu-ray-hullen-965p.html

image.png.03f25fc26344246b364c10ce6ed39bb2.pngimage.png.2f01d8707148597316299138603bb96a.png

image.png.881cbb4df9cc706ab906f3a2e4697a29.png

Aktueller Stand:

Momentan bekomme ich gut 60 Editionen in ein Regalbrett. 10 Bretter je Regal, 6 Regale (= 60 Bretter), das Eckregal lasse ich für Figuren weg.

Zwischensumme: 60 Editionen x 60 Bretter = 3.600 Editionen

Gegenrechnung mit Folien-Hüllen:

Gut die Hälfte meiner Editionen sind Amarays, ca. 1600. Eine Packung (50 Stck) dieser Hüllen kostet rund 16 EUR, ca. 30 EUR, wenn ich diese Aufbewahrungsboxen dazunehme (gut 12 EUR / Stck).

1.600 / 50 = 32 Boxen.

32 x Packungen Hüllen + Boxen je 30 EUR = 960 EUR

4 Boxen passen in ein Regal nebeneinander. Wäre nach Adam Riese 32 / 4 = 8 Regalbretter.

Heisst unterm Strich:

Ich könnte 5 Regale für Sondereditionen nutzen ! 👍😎

Das lässt mein kleines Minion-Herzchen doch gleich schneller pochen... 😄

Was haltet ihr davon ?

Andere Ideen ?

Vorschläge und Erfahrungen ?

And you have no one to kick out of the house and gain a room?

;) 

What is more important, family or your collection?

Your partner or the collection?

The painting your mother-in-law gave you or the collection?

You should be honest, look in the mirror, and think about what is really important in this life. Your collection. ;)

Joking aside, there is nothing like moving house. I moved to a new apartment and I'm doing renovations in the new one. There is one room that is already almost full of Gnedby shelves, formerly known as Benno. They are the same. One after another. 

gnedby-estanteria-blanco__0644265_pe7025

I always loved the idea of a library room with my movies and records. 

But these things are more intimate than underwear, and everyone has their preferences. :D 

If you have decided to archive the basic editions, I hope you will find it ideal to do so! ;) 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

;) 

You should be honest, look in the mirror, and think about what is really important in this life. Your collection. ;)

Joking aside, there is nothing like moving house. I moved to a new apartment and I'm doing renovations in the new one. There is one room that is already almost full of Gnedby shelves, formerly known as Benno. They are the same. One after another. 

But these things are more intimate than underwear, and everyone has their preferences. :D 

If you have decided to archive the basic editions, I hope you will find it ideal to do so! ;) 

Will Smith GIF

• Haha 8

43 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

;) 

I am closing on a new house soon, very excited for our “media room”.  It’s for my movies, and for my son to play video games.  I’m very excited.

Right now, I don’t even have enough space to set my movies up where I can read the spines.  I’ve bought a bunch of shelves, that can be built in different configurations.  Hope to even put up some of the cool posters that came with movie special editions that I’ve gotten this year.

So hopefully soon I will get better at displaying new movies on MP, right about the time some group buys start showing up.

• Like 13