IGNORED

Sleepy Hollow (Amazon Exclusive Mediabook) [Germany]

pygospa

Release : 21.05.2020

Link: Amazon Exclusive

Price : €29,99

Limited : ???

71dAAjS7mAL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.eeff33544181e672f7e20bd424d80bcc.jpg

Supposedly, beside the Saturn exclusive mediabook in two covers that @CAYENNE-FAHRER has already informed you about here, there is also a third mediabook cover that is coming from Amazon and is exclusive to their house. And while we are still waiting for cover designs from the ringed planet, the largest river already presents us with one, that - in my opinion unfortunately - is already well known as it is exactly the same we already got from Zavvi in a 2000 copies limited steelbook in 2015, and in a variation in 2019 by FYE in another steelbook release. The mediabook looks like it's a standard sized one, but as it is a major label (Paramout) there could still be surprises here. And in addition to that there is no information about extras, restoration, limitation, etc. But for those who didn't get any of the steelbooks and that love the design this could be an alternative - and for Germany it is the first premium release, so it's awaited by many that don't watch movies with original soundtrack and have been waiting for a dubbed premium release.

The movie is one of those that in my humble opinion everybody should have seen. Directed by Tim Burton and featuring an ingenious cast staring young Johnny Depp who in those days (again my opinion) was so much better without the overacting he does nowadays. Besides him we have the lovely Christina Ricci with - if I remember correctly - her breakthrough role. And then of course something for our Harry Potter fans: Michael Gambon (Albus Dumbledore), Miranda Richardson (Rita Skeeter), Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) and Toby Maudsley (voice of Grawp). But that's not even half of it. Michael Gough (Alfred Pennyworth in the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies) and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) can also be seen, as well as - last but not least - Sir Christopher Lee (Saruman, Count Dooku, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, ....) and Christopher Walken (I don't even know where to start). Do I need to say anything more to sell you this movie? Well, okay then: It's a typical Burton of his strong years, i.e. a well thought through great atmospheric story that convince you with great imagery as well as a great story and superb characters, and once more a Gothic horror tale that has it's clever and subtle but funny subtext, a play with colors, etc. And last but not least it is a thrilling story, and a movie that even with a large number of re-watches you wouldn't get tired of. And now, have fun watching the trailer:

PS: The movie has recently also inspired a TV series, that I haven't watched (yet), but trailers already foretold that this wasn't going to go well, and it didn't. With a really hyped number of viewers this one constantly lost them - from over 10 millions in the first to just 1 million in the last episode before cancellation. So if you know the series but haven't seen the movie, please don't expect anything similar, and go watch the movie! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

ich habe mal im anderen Thread Bilder zugefügt,
habe mich für Cover A entschieden,
sieht meiner Meinung nach am besten aus,
DANKE ,das Du dazu einen Thread eröffnet hast

Gerne doch, freue mich, wenn ich helfen kann :) Ich hab mich auch für das Saturn Cover-A MB entschieden - das Artwork von Amazon hab ich schon in der Sammlung, dass ist ja das gleiche wie von Zavvi; bin mal gespannt, ob die jetzt auch inhaltlich komplett identisch sind. Und ob Paramount ein anständiges MB hinbekommt... bin da bei den Majors ja immer skeptisch (hab bspw. die 4 Dracula-Books von Warner/Hoanzl, und die waren Mist, genau so wie die Mediabooks der Blacksploitation-Titel die MGM/Studio Hamburg letztes Jahr hier rausgebracht hat - die VÖs verdienen die Bezeichnung Mediabook nicht, so schlecht waren die - aber teuer(er) wie die Qualitätarbeit von Firmen wie Capelight, Wicked Vision, Birnenblatt, etc. :(

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

_WARNING!_

102366809_3170397903040262_7511139172801398935_n.jpg.64606402550ba24f39362c8875a4df52.jpg

It was announced that there are three artworks, and artwork A is the Amazon exclusive one, and B+C Media Markt/Saturn exclusives. While Media Markt/Saturn delayed their releases, Amazon is sending out these ones and the first are getting their releases already, BUT apparently, this Amazon exclusive artwork is not being send out by Amazon 😡 I haven't ordered it, but a few people on social media are pissed, as they ordered this supposedly amazon exclusive cover artwork, but in the end, what they got was this; even though Amazon is still listing Artwork A and there was no information that the Artwork would be changing (pictures not by me, but found on socila media):

102365108_3074206186027104_3786269377244440753_o.thumb.jpg.3753d3c7cf6e8345219e94e55075bdb2.jpg102812510_3925198210885938_2142163519437888279_o.thumb.jpg.8de3bbc59beace09d2bd6b2be635770f.jpg102371444_3074431899337866_7601996615211579866_n.jpg.5c66727786a802b42d9942c986aedcab.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Btw. there is no information yet on why this is happening. Maybe it's just a logistics mixup and Amazon got the paracels that where supposed to go to Media Markt/Saturn. Maybe, they just changed the covers without information. Maybe there are only two covers, or maybe even just this one? We'll probably find out soon. I'll keep you posted, as soon as there is something new on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There's an Update on the situation, as the site collectors-junkies.com posted:

Update: Die ersten Mediabook Editionen wurden bereits von Amazon ausgeliefert. Wie einige Leute berichten, stellt sich jedoch heraus, das es sich nicht um das erwartetet "Cover A" sondern um "Cover C" handelt, welches bislang gar nicht über Amazon angeboten wurde. Bislang waren Cover B und C nur über MediaMarkt und Saturn bestellbar.

Wo genau der Fehler liegt, lässt sich aktuell noch nicht sagen. Seitens UPHE (Universal Pictures Home Entertainment) existieren nach wie vor alle 3 Cover Varianten und keine davon wurde offiziell gecancelt.

Eine Möglichkeit wäre, das Amazon das falsche Cover geliefert bekommen hat und den Artikel, ohne darauf zu achten, für den Versand freigab.

Translation (by me):

Update: The first Mediabook editions are already shipped by Amazon. But according to many people, it's not the expected "Cover A", but "Cover C" which wasn't even offered by Amazon. Covers B and C where only available via MediaMarkt and Saturn.

The reason for this error isn't known yet. But according to UPHE (Universal Pictures Home Entertainment) all three Covers are existant and non of the covers where officially cancelled.

A possibility for the current situation could be that Amazon got the wrong Cover, and send it out without checking what it is that they are sending out.

Update 2: Die direkte Antwort-Nachricht von Amazon:

"Der Fehler ist nicht bekannt und habe auch gerade nachgefragt es muss ein Fehler im Lager vorgekommen sein, durch die Abteilung habe ich es weitergegeben so bald es wieder verfügbar ist, wird so weitergegeben wie es beschrieben ist.
Es tut mir sehr leid, dass solch ein Fehler vorgekommen ist.

Kunden können die Erstattung beantragen in dem Sie sich mit den Bestellnummer bei uns melden."

Translation (by me - this time it's a bit harder to translate because the guy answering this is using wrong grammar and wording in German, so I am not entirely sure what he is trying to say - I'll try to be as accurate to the wrong German grammar as possible, so it's wrong in English as well, but you can try to figure out the different possibilities of meanings without me interpreting it the one way [and he meaning the other]):

Update 2: The direct Response from Amazon:

The error is unknown and I have been asking around it must be an error in the warehouse, through the departments I have shared as soon as it is available again, will be handed on as described.
I am sorry, that such an error has happened.

Customers can claim a refund by contacting us with the ordering number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks very much for all the above info @pygospa 🙂

I ( as well as a few others) are particularly concerned, as we requested orders via @thomue1987.

I requested Cover B (Though Cover A is pretty cool as well).

So, @thomue1987, if you receive this Cover C being delivered to you, I do hope you will have opportunity to reject it as it holds no interest for me. 🥴

Hopefully this gets resolved in short order, for if the nice covers exist, I would certainly want them.

• Like 2

@Grendel I think you should be fine. I explained it here and in the other thread: Saturn/MediaMarkt had postponed the release date, so I guess they haven't send their packages out yet, maybe they even checked the parcels they received? But anyhow, to me it looks like they mixed up the Covers A and Covers C - especially as Universal stated that all three covers were produced (so they did not change the design or anything). Cover C is the one that all the Amazon customers are getting right now, where they should have been getting Cover A, so probably somewhere in the Logistic chains someone exidentally routed all the Cover C Mediabooks to Amazon and all the Cover As to MediaMarkt/Saturn.

Cover B should therefore - hopefully - not be affected by this. I myself also ordered a Cover B, and up to now there was no delivery update from MediaMarkt. As Cover B buyers, I wouldn't worry too much, yet :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^^ Thanks again.

I suspect @thomue1987, once notified of this issue, will be aware of what to look out for. 😀

Cover B is similar to a degree, to the rather flimsy digibook released in NA by I think it was Best Buy?

I bought it, as I had no knowledge at the time of the forthcoming MBs.

I still love the art enough to request an order for the MB of it (of course, heh) as I very much enjoy this flik.

I also have the Steelbook that displays the art of Cover A and it is very nice, so no need to replicate that.

I recall when the film first came out, I believe it was McFarlane that issued a line of figures. The largest being The Headless Horseman on Horse Box set, which I bought in a heartbeat!

I'll try to locate a pic of it. 🙂

edit:

Sleepy Hollow Headless Horseman Horse McFarlane action figure ...

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same for me. I would have gotten Cover A if I wouldn't own the Zavvi Steelbook. But I do, and I love it, especially because it looks so excellent, using the different design possibilities that Steelbooks offer (the moon is fully reflective, the background is partly reflective and unsharp, while the foreground is unreflective and sharp, giving a wonderfull 3D illusion). I don't think the Mediabook in the same design can beat that. I loved the design of the "flimsy digibook" though, so I was thrilled for that Mediabook design. I was a bit hesitant and wanted to wait for in hand pictures/unboxings first, due to it not being one of the well known excellent Mediabook labels, but rather a major label that often release the greatest disappointments. But, well... I didn't :DI don't have the space for any figures, but I'd love to see them, so please share them, if you find them :)

• Like 2

Just as an aside, I wanted to mention I was fortunate enough to pick up the double sided movie poster a long time ago as well.

I still have mine rolled in the dang tube ( as are about 5 others 😟) as I'm still debating wall usage downstairs, heh.

Here's what it looks like though;   (reverse side is the Depp/Ricci pic seen on cover C above)

Sleepy Hollow (1999)

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

This is all second hand information, nothing official. But going through the Facebook threads where people complain about there Amazon order being Cover C instead of Cover A, these are the different and also contradicting information they got from Amazon support service:

• Some say that Amazon said there will be an exchange, and they should wait, it could take about a week because they don't have it in stores yet.
  • Others said, that there was no other cover coming, and people can send it back to get a refund
  • A couple of people where offered a discount if they keep it anyways; this discount varies from 5€ to 7€
  • To comfort the inconvenience some where offered a 5€ amazon giftcard when they return the wrong cover (with full refund)
  • One person claimed that that he got is money back but could also keep his edition anyways and shouldn't send it back
  • And latest news, apparently, Amazon has now changed the cover in the shipping information to the new cover artwork

For all you who can speak German, I added the chat screenshot that people shared in the Mediabook-Facebook group. Sorry for not translating it, but they just prove one of the points above. Meanwhile Unboxers who have asked for press samples got the correct Mediabook Cover (see attached picture).

This seems like a real clusterstop using inappropriate language 😭

The way that Amazon treats this issue I don't believe that any of the Cover Cs will find their way to MediaMarkt. So either MediaMarkt will have to send out the wrong cover as well, or they get an additional batch of reprints. Some logisticcs errors can always happen, but to me it seems like Amazon is the one behaving most idiotic - there is no clear information, everyone gets treated differently, and instead of containing the damage and fixing it, Amazon is making it more and more impossible, as they still send out wrong Covers to customers.

Really sorry for anyone who ordered this from Amazon. Hopefully nobody here did. Otherwise, its probably best to contact Amazon as soon as possible.

103164705_3261868167176873_4723000715338956353_o.jpg

103251879_3314341438610719_6844187866988445079_o.jpg

102389584_2933149086732130_1291773634802446652_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update @pygospa  🙂

Wow, what a mess that's turning out to be!

I guess I'm quite thankful now that I requested Cover B from @thomue1987, as that seems to be the only one not affected, heh.

I believe @Mrs.Robinson was considering ordering this too, so, TAG! 🙂 ( scroll up for the beginning of this mess, friend).

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much, @Grendel ;) and thank you @pygospa  for the updates!

I did request the MM/Saturn cover from Thomas as well, yes, but I also ordered the Amazon excl. and the third cover myself ... I'm really curious about what I'll be getting in the end 🤪😂 I am hopeful, as always.

Edited by Mrs.Robinson
  • Like 3

Awards

2 hours ago, Mrs.Robinson said:

Thank you so much, @Grendel ;) and thank you @pygospa  for the updates!

I did request the MM/Saturn cover from Thomas as well, yes, but I also ordered the Amazon excl. and the third cover myself ... I'm really curious about what I'll be getting in the end 🤪😂 I am hopeful, as always.

You're Welcome. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys :)

• Like 2

There are news:

https://mediapsychos.com/topic/13251-sleepy-hollow-1999-cover-ab-mediabook-saturn-germany/?do=findComment&comment=301928

Saturn/MM is now sending out Cover A, they know it's the wrong cover and are asking for forgiveness right away, but due to a Logistics error, they cannot get Cover C. That confirms all the suspicions that the packages where mixed up. Had Amazon worked correctly, and checked it's products before sending them out, this wouldn't have happend. Saturn/MM after postponing it two times, are now forced to send out the wrong Covers, because Amazon has already sent out the movie to all of their customers.

Anyone who ordered A and C will get both, but from the wrong adresses. All the rest will have to hope they'll find someone to switch/swap, as MM/Saturn are sold out, and Amazon as well. Or look out for returns. A lot of Amazon customers will send theirs back, probably (maybe already have), so anyone who wanted Cover C might be lucky. Cover A as the one that is favoured the most, will probably be hard to get :( 

Amazon really f'ed up this time :(

• Sad 1