IGNORED

Parasite (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [France]

• 3 months later...

Update !!! 😁

Info:

Illustration by Choi Ji-su

Finishing info:

it will have the title and the door at the top of the dented staircase + some metallic reflections

Plain Archive participated in the design of the steelbook

The collector's edition is limited to 1,500 copies.  

Explanations from The Jokers on the choice of visual (Twitter) 

"We wanted to materialize this brilliant vision of Bong Joon Ho, with a steelbook visual that would be a representation of the Park family's house, as we visualize it in space when we leave the room."

“Our first reference was the work of artist Chris Ware, and our Korean friends from Plain Archive quickly put us on the path of Choi Ji-su, a talented Korean artist used to this kind of representation in space. "

"We are aware that this visual choice is quite unusual, but rather than bringing out the poster or yet another minimalist fanart, we wanted to offer you a playful object and coherence with the film!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I'm a little confused now, as I just picked up the DVD cheaply recently. It's audio tracks are Korean and French dub, and only English subtitles. I think these Joker folks merely said 'French Only' - so does that mean the audio track, and no subtitles at all? Or still with Korean, French audio and the English subtitles? And/or the delay is adding subtitles now?

• Like 2

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
25 minutes ago, StevenWest said:

So I'm a little confused now, as I just picked up the DVD cheaply recently. It's audio tracks are Korean and French dub, and only English subtitles. I think these Joker folks merely said 'French Only' - so does that mean the audio track, and no subtitles at all? Or still with Korean, French audio and the English subtitles? And/or the delay is adding subtitles now?

Joker shop made an announcement that they don’t have rights to do English subtitles for Parasite. The French releases have French subtitles only. To get English subtitles you need a USA or U.K. or other release from an English speaking country.

• Thanks 2

I suspect @StevenWest that once again, it's a "rights" issue, as having an English dub or subs broadens the sellers's market so they wont get them for free.

Now, PA did the artwork for this (for Joker-Shop) so a lot of us are hoping they will eventually release their own spec ed as well.

Maybe if they stopped putting out a new release of "Carol" every month, they could catch up on some others of theirs in the pipe? 🤔

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, Scary Hair said:

Disk swap Amy Sedaris Relax GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

Had to go Australian disk to get English Subtitles on Snowpiecer . 

This game WE never know what delights are around the corner so hang on in all feet GIF

@Scary Hair

I'll be doing the same thing in swapping the ENG. subs disc with my new SB when it gets here, as I love the cover for sure!😘

season 2 GIF

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Grendel said:

I suspect @StevenWest that once again, it's a "rights" issue, as having an English dub or subs broadens the sellers's market so they wont get them for free.

Now, PA did the artwork for this (for Joker-Shop) so a lot of us are hoping they will eventually release their own spec ed as well.

Maybe if they stopped putting out a new release of "Carol" every month, they could catch up on some others of theirs in the pipe? 🤔

Correct. These decisions are made by the studios and there is nothing that the retailers can do about it. Their goal is to maximize profits, not to make it easier for fans to buy releases from other countries.

As @Veum points out, sometimes all you can do is a disc swap to make your own perfect edition.

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
29 minutes ago, StevenWest said:

Would be awesome if Plain Archive could come out with a English version. All those disc's though with the Joker's version. What are they all, do we know? 4k, BD, DVD, and extras? My cheapo DVD just came with a Q&A with Bong and a couple of trailers.

Disc 1: 4K Ultra HD (HDR and Korean Atmos, subtitles in French only)
Disc 2: Bluray (Korean Atmos, region B, subtitles in French only)
Disc 3: Bluray with 4 hours of extras (making-of, masterclass, interviews, etc.)
Disc 4: DVD

• Thanks 1