IGNORED

Avengers : Infinity War [Spoiler Discussion]

ksosk

Okay so of the many things I have to say about this film- I just need to know this:
Did Iron Man's Armor bother anyone else-?

I mean, since it was worked in to RDJ's contract that he wouldn't have to physically wear the Iron Man suit anymore- the suit's have looked considerably worse compared to 2008's Iron Man and 2010's Iron Man 2... with the suit in Civil War straight up looking like the floating-head suit from Green Lantern to me. 

But aesthetics aside- I thought it was actually hilarious that any sense of tactility was thrown out the window with Infinity War's Do-Every-The-Script-Requires-It-To Suit until things are supposed to be dramatic- and THEN the suit starts to fail. That just seemed like hokey screen writing coupled with an over-reliance on CGI. 

Seriously, did this bother anyone else-?

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

I was actually bothered by his suit. I find it a little silly that it is generated out of almost nothing but has all these many weapons and obviously unlimited supply of energy and ammo. It's like how they do it in the comics, after some time they are getting more powerful with every new villain, which is a littly annoying. I also always wonder, when you can create such an armor, why would you not use that technology to improve the life of everyone.

Anyway, I liked the movie it was the biggest Superhero movie ever and it was great to see this hugh adventure on the screen. It was like one of the Event Comic Series had come to like. That said I liked several of the previous Marvel movies more. I thought the movie got simply to large, so many characters had not much to do and I missed how they normally interact with each other. THey had so much stuff going on but in the end most of that stuff was action, which is cool but as a stand alone movie does not work that well.

As with Iron Man, I thought Thor is getting to strong as well and I wonder why all the other Asgardians are so week.

Also, as someone who has read a lot of comics the end of the movie was typical for this stuff and you already know how this will turn out, which was a little disappointing.

Loved the film. Met all expectations, although I fail to see Marvel Studio's spending all that time, effort and money on Dr. Strange, Home-Coming and Black Panther to merely kill them all off so soon. GotG is bound to get a Vol. 3 too so although I cannot say for sure, I think we all expect Capt. Marvel to manage to turn back time in the 4th avengers movie don't we??? 

The "real" deaths were pretty obvious in Heimdall & Vision. Didn't see Loki being killed off though so that was a surprise.

Biggest questions for me...

What was the point of re--introducing the Red Skull like that? Surely there is more to come from him??? Certainly hope so.

Did this spell the end of Hawk-eye? I believe he filmed scenes for Infinity War, but they were cut.

And lastly... If Captain Marvel has been at Nick Fury's disposal (The stand alone movie is a prequel set in the 90's) then why the HELL didn't he call on her previously?!! Also (And clearly she isn't) What if she had also turned to dust! Lol

Iron Man's suit did raise an eyebrow, but I think we could see what way it was going in Civil War with the wrist watch. Once you start picking at that thread, you start to question the Iron Spider suit with its spider legs, or how come Groot can glow long arms or create wooden axe handles when he wants, but he can't "Grow up" very quickly. It's all just good comic book fun. 

All in all, an Awesome Movie and I cannot wait to watch it again and again.

9 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

I was actually bothered by his suit. I find it a little silly that it is generated out of almost nothing but has all these many weapons and obviously unlimited supply of energy and ammo. It's like how they do it in the comics, after some time they are getting more powerful with every new villain, which is a littly annoying. I also always wonder, when you can create such an armor, why would you not use that technology to improve the life of everyone.

Anyway, I liked the movie it was the biggest Superhero movie ever and it was great to see this hugh adventure on the screen. It was like one of the Event Comic Series had come to like. That said I liked several of the previous Marvel movies more. I thought the movie got simply to large, so many characters had not much to do and I missed how they normally interact with each other. THey had so much stuff going on but in the end most of that stuff was action, which is cool but as a stand alone movie does not work that well.

As with Iron Man, I thought Thor is getting to strong as well and I wonder why all the other Asgardians are so week.

Also, as someone who has read a lot of comics the end of the movie was typical for this stuff and you already know how this will turn out, which was a little disappointing.

I literally said "T-1000?"  when I first saw the suit LoL.  It's so overpower to the point of being ridiculous. (OK Thor's axes was much more OP, but he's a god so no comment.)

Another part I find most annoying is how they destroyed Peter Quill character. Looking back GOTG and GOTG2 and putting comical part aside, he's somebody how holds his S*** together and deal with problems logically, well mostly. But in Infinity War..... he's become a complete moron, and that's disappointing because for the storyline to progress he has to f*** this up, but his action should have been better than just "throwing tantrum" in Thanos's face. 

Overall I kinda liked Infinity War, but it felt pretty much like a series of Bonus footage put together more than a one cohesive story. 

• ★ Administrators ★

As Thanos has all the Infinity Stones now he can do preatty much everything, so maybe we need someone who can take that gauntlet from him ?

I'm really sure almost all of the ones vanished will return, I hope they do it in a good way. Even the ones you think are completely killed return in comics after some time, sometimes it makes sencce sometimes not. But with the overall great storytelling in the Cinematic Universe I have a lot of confidence that the ending will please most.

What I'm very interested in is how Ant-Man and the Wasp is integrated in this, will it play before Infinity War or after with most Heroes vanished.

As for Captain Marvel, I could imagine that she is either somewhere in Space or lives in hiding because of stuff we will see in her movie.  It's a really powerful character.

I think we will see Hawkeye in the 2nd part, we need some Heroes now. I was a little sad that they choose to keep all the original and let the new characters vanish, but I guess that is because these are the most popular.

Anyway I wish DC would finally catch up to Marvel in the movies, but with only Aquaman coming out this year and no real plans for the future it does not look like it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a little late to the party having only just seen this (happens when you have a little one) and I'm not a follower of the comics so all all purely based on what I know from the movies, but my theory is that Wong will play a significant role as he's the only other that could wield the power of the time stone to roll things back and we don't see him vaporized. Also, I haven't been a fan of the lead-in films Civil War and AoU, but I thoroughly enjoyed Infinity War. To me it was a lot more cohesive than those films despite the presence of so many characters and the action felt more purposeful whereas it felt like a lot of noise before (to the point of tedium). Also I found Thanos to be a hugely interesting and emotionally well-developed character which made him a villian worthy of the uniting of characters in the universe. Josh Brolin's voice acting (and presumably motion-capture) is outstanding.

Edit: I should add, when Thanos said, "You should've gone for the head." My first thought was, "He should've gone for the arm."

Archived