IGNORED

Manta Lab Oppenheimer (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA 4k UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

extantsrevenge

29 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

WEA, and yes, always official poster art. Premium editions of Nolan films are usually only allowed to use official poster art, so with only a limited number of posters for a film, that's why all the additions look very similar. Different rearrangements of the same images. So far as I know, Oppenheimer only has these five official posters; not much for Manta to work with:

ScreenShot2023-12-04at3_49_21PM.thumb.png.d8f79558948f338efe3597fa69e99f80.png

Cant they use promotional images as well? 

• Like 2

Awards

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ethnosax said:

Yes, but I can't recall anything other than some production stills that were released in the lead-up to the film. What else was there?

Sorry, I wasn't talking specifically about this release. Im new to premiums and just wanted to know. And yeah, the dont have that much to work with for this movie

• Like 3

Awards

46 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

WEA, and yes, always official poster art. Premium editions of Nolan films are usually only allowed to use official poster art, so with only a limited number of posters for a film, that's why all the additions look very similar. Different rearrangements of the same images. So far as I know, Oppenheimer only has these five official posters; not much for Manta to work with:

Since the first two images have been used for WWA steelbooks, I'm guessing the third will be Manta's exclusive edition. They should be able to do a nice lenti with the first two images, though, and maybe use the Trinity test tower as a fullslip. Such is my guess, though! I can't wait to see what they do!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ethnosax said:

WEA, I correct myself. Thank you for the information.

• Like 3

Awards

2 hours ago, ethnosax said:

The 1st from the right looks like some shy student giving a PowerPoint presentation  🤣

• Haha 4

Awards

3 hours ago, ethnosax said:

I think my guess is the first poster will be used for the OC that will wrap around the entire box.

And the next three posters will be used for the slips.

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, mosssmh said:

Cant they use promotional images as well? 

Typically the studio will provide a set of artwork to the retailer for use. It does not necessarily include all promo images. The retailer will mock up the art for the entire release and then the studio will either approve or reject it. Rejections or partial rejections can lead to negotiations and sometimes lengthy delays. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Anonymous said:

I wonder if this will be up for pre-order after the BB, TDK, and TDKR pre-orders. 🤔

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Man, I hope so! I'm kind of annoyed at the wait/delay, but on the other hand I'm good with not spending the extra cash for the next three months while we burn through another Nolan Batman trilogy release... 🤣

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Man, I hope so! I'm kind of annoyed at the wait/delay, but on the other hand I'm good with not spending the extra cash for the next three months while we burn through another Nolan Batman trilogy release... 🤣

I really hope this release isn’t delayed for two years like the Nolan Batman editions were. I totally get where your coming from.

I don’t have any premiums of the Nolan Batman trilogy so I’m going to be splurging rather excessively to acquire the Manta Lab OCs. Whilst I would LOVE to have the Manta Lab OC for Oppenheimer, I may have to settle for one of the fullslips as, unfortunately, I need food. 😭😂

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

I really hope this release isn’t delayed for two years like the Nolan Batman editions were. I totally get where your coming from.

I don’t have any premiums of the Nolan Batman trilogy so I’m going to be splurging rather excessively to acquire the Manta Lab OCs. Whilst I would LOVE to have the Manta Lab OC for Oppenheimer, I may have to settle for one of the fullslips as, unfortunately, I need food. 😭😂

I hope you dig the BatManta releases! I'm sure the OCs are going to be lovely. I think what I'm not spending on these will be going toward an Oppenheimer OC, provided it comes along sooner rather than later! 🤣

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I hope you dig the BatManta releases! I'm sure the OCs are going to be lovely. I think what I'm not spending on these will be going toward an Oppenheimer OC, provided it comes along sooner rather than later! 🤣

haha, thanks man. I hope so too. 
Let’s hope it’s sooner. 🤞🤞

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Hopefully, Manta Lab will do what they did with the Matrix trilogy and put another release in between each TDK release. They were super quick with Barbie, so I'm hoping for Oppenheimer. However, if I was a betting man, their next release will be Spider-Man Homecoming. My release order predictions are:

1.Spider-Man Homecoming 

2.The Dark Knight 

3.Aquaman: The Lost Profits

4.The Dark Knight Rises 

5.Oppenheimer 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ncraft said:

Hopefully, Manta Lab will do what they did with the Matrix trilogy and put another release in between each TDK release. They were super quick with Barbie, so I'm hoping for Oppenheimer. However, if I was a betting man, their next release will be Spider-Man Homecoming. My release order predictions are:

1.Spider-Man Homecoming 

2.The Dark Knight 

3.Aquaman: The Lost Profits

4.The Dark Knight Rises 

5.Oppenheimer 

Those are solid predictions.
I am hoping, though, Manta Lab releases the Nolan Batman films consecutively as they’ve been on their release schedule for about two years.

*Aquaman: The Lost Profits 😂

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Those are solid predictions.
I am hoping, though, Manta Lab releases the Nolan Batman films consecutively as they’ve been on their release schedule for about two years.

My hope would be that they would follow my dream order of releases:

1. Oppenheimer 

2. Reservoir Dogs 

3. Pulp Fiction 

4. Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair

5. Zodiac 

Mike Tyson Dreaming GIF by The Last O.G. on TBS

Edited by ncraft
Added Mike Tyson
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, ncraft said:

My hope would be that they would follow my dream order of releases:

1. Oppenheimer 

2. Reservoir Dogs 

3. Pulp Fiction 

4. Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair

5. Zodiac 

That would be something!

I really need to get onto watching Kill Bill 1 & 2 before the eventual Manta releases, although, considering their schedule…

Animated GIF

Edited by Guest

Just now, MikeH5856 said:

Dude, this would be a freaking dream come true. Especially a Zodiac premium! God, I would love to see that happen.

To my knowledge, there has never been a Zodiac premium from any retailer. It's about time. They've already done Fight Club and Se7en. I'll take Panic Room, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, or Gone Girl also. Fincher is my absolute favorite director. 

• Like 4