Open Club  ·  39 members  ·  Free

Star Trek Club
IGNORED

Your Star Trek Collection

InfiniteDoors

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, CryoSteel said:

Here's my contribution. The script for "Q2" was actually one of Robert Duncan McNeill's. It's signed by both him and Garrett Wang. 

3JJUjKW.jpg

Cool stuff! And that's interesting, never knew that. Makes me wonder what he was thinking when he wrote that scene where Q Jr. made Seven naked 🤔

Two Doctors, an Android, and a Russian walk into a bar...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

Cool stuff! And that's interesting, never knew that. Makes me wonder what he was thinking when he wrote that scene where Q Jr. made Seven naked 🤔

I'd have to check the script, but I don't think McNeill actually wrote the episode. This was just one of his personal copies. 

As you can probably tell, though, I've been known to hit up the convention circuit. Pretty stoked to have gotten to meet the Trek actors I have. 

12 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

Two Doctors, an Android, and a Russian walk into a bar...

LOL. You probably could get a good punchline out of this.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I was taking pics for the Psycho Challenge (which I recommend you all do if you haven't already), and decided to take pics of my Trek collection while I'm at it. I wish my shelf was wider, so I could have Enterprise be front facing, but sadly it's the only one without a box.
20220918_110303.thumb.jpg.9f42f428cbbe2f728f8949aab5e4c71d.jpg

20220918_110724.thumb.jpg.6d991c07bd0255b4633e74767a6c6085.jpg

• Like 5

On 9/18/2022 at 2:51 PM, InfiniteDoors said:

I was taking pics for the Psycho Challenge (which I recommend you all do if you haven't already), and decided to take pics of my Trek collection while I'm at it. I wish my shelf was wider, so I could have Enterprise be front facing, but sadly it's the only one without a box.

Oh, is that the FAC Star Trek: Beyond FS in the upper left corner? 😍 You're making me want to track one down. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Excited to share my collection here—Star Trek has it's own section in my lineup, and it's easily my favorite. I am behind on a few of the newer series, I don't have the latest seasons of Picard, Discovery, and Lower Decks. I'm sort of wondering if I should just wait for the inevitable box set of those. 

The Voyager and DS9 DVD's really blew me away too, they look so much better than their streaming counterparts. 

IMG_3425.thumb.JPG.565e39cbc161e48eb0344bf2a5197abe.JPG

IMG_3421.thumb.JPG.f131dc299596d18915b0c438c649a617.JPG

IMG_3422.thumb.JPG.d86940356858e9b746ca61b03b014d8b.JPG

IMG_3423.thumb.JPG.f46a89aee46ca7b909a340ae32b5b2a4.JPG

IMG_3424.thumb.JPG.c97f0ea06491470dba5704bdb2719fe7.JPG

Also, my TNG films box set is signed by Marina Sirtis, Jonathan Frakes, and Michael Dorn. That was a fun convention day.

IMG_3426.thumb.JPG.1226170ae6514048ef2299bfd15d61c6.JPG

• Like 4

8 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Excited to share my collection here—Star Trek has it's own section in my lineup, and it's easily my favorite. I am behind on a few of the newer series, I don't have the latest seasons of Picard, Discovery, and Lower Decks. I'm sort of wondering if I should just wait for the inevitable box set of those. 

The Voyager and DS9 DVD's really blew me away too, they look so much better than their streaming counterparts. 

Also, my TNG films box set is signed by Marina Sirtis, Jonathan Frakes, and Michael Dorn. That was a fun convention day.

🥤🤠 @hansreinhardt Congrats on your very nice collection, enjoy as I also love “most” of the Star Trek franchise❣️ 🥳 🎉 👏 

Star Trek Drinking GIF by HULU

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

That is a crazy amount of BluRays and DVDs! And wow, I wish I could get some of my stuff signed, that's so neat.

56 minutes ago, Veum said:

🥤🤠 @hansreinhardt Congrats on your very nice collection, enjoy as I also love “most” of the Star Trek franchise❣️ 🥳 🎉 👏 

Star Trek Drinking GIF by HULU

I too love "most" of the Star Trek franchise 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

I see you have the Compendium.  That's the films and all the extras of the JJ Abrams films right?  Does it add much to the individual releases?  Am I getting it confused with a dif Compendium?

Fantastic collection.  I have the same issue with the Picards, the steelbooks look great, but in 2 years we may have some special box set.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I see you have the Compendium.  That's the films and all the extras of the JJ Abrams films right?  Does it add much to the individual releases?  Am I getting it confused with a dif Compendium?

Fantastic collection.  I have the same issue with the Picards, the steelbooks look great, but in 2 years we may have some special box set.

That's right! The Compendium finally puts all the Star Trek Into Darkness special features in one place. The original Into Darkness release was stilted in that some features were online exclusives, others were retailer exclusives, with no way of collecting them all. This set fixes that. 

The Star Trek (2009) discs are the exact same though (which I still watch regularly, because the 4K disc unfortunately has terrible encoding). 

The set is pretty spartan in terms of physical design, the big draw for me was that it's the first time the IMAX cut of Star Trek Into Darkness was available.

IMG_3430.thumb.JPG.6fa898a09944d6470a9005324bd82f75.JPG

IMG_3431.thumb.JPG.33605d267cd271548dbe1444d3afa8a5.JPG

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

That's right! The Compendium finally puts all the Star Trek Into Darkness special features in one place. The original Into Darkness release was stilted in that some features were online exclusives, others were retailer exclusives, with no way of collecting them all. This set fixes that. 

The Star Trek (2009) discs are the exact same though (which I still watch regularly, because the 4K disc unfortunately has terrible encoding). 

The set is pretty spartan in terms of physical design, the big draw for me was that it's the first time the IMAX cut of Star Trek Into Darkness was available.

IMG_3430.thumb.JPG.6fa898a09944d6470a9005324bd82f75.JPG

IMG_3431.thumb.JPG.33605d267cd271548dbe1444d3afa8a5.JPG

I'm gunna have to search that out.  I love both those movies.   Thanks.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Off topic, but I was daydreaming about completing the old "Special Collector's Edition" DVD sets with the Kelvin timeline films. There was a certain charm to those releases, I always liked them. Got some writer's block today, so I wasted an hour photoshopping these.

startrek2009copy.jpg.2504a7204bf7a86c233989a2cd219102.jpgstartrekintodarknesscopy.jpg.e724159bfe0b4ea2031629aa354862f0.jpgstartrekbeyondcopy.jpg.a5ef3c470a8af8bd25f640653c8583d2.jpg

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...

I used to watch everything from TOS to Enterprise on a loop back when it was on US Netflix. Finished Terra Prime? Go right back to The Man Trap, rinse and repeat. But ever since it was all pulled, I haven't gone back to watch it. Not only because I no longer had easy access, and CBS All-Access/Paramount Plus sucks balls, but after the millionth viewing it might've been time to take a multi-year break (absence makes the heart grow fonder!).

However, P+ is no longer "The Home of Star Trek". They keep licensing everything out (the movies are currently on Max instead of P+), and then there's the whole Prodigy debacle. This stupidity isn't exclusive to them though, the other streamers do it as well. Even today, Max dropped about 30 DC titles from its catalog, some of it even going to Disney Plus (surprisingly not an April Fool's joke, granted it's via Hulu). Let's not even get into the tomfoolery Zaslav is up to with trying to get the biggest tax breaks possible.

So what is a guy to do, besides subscribe to everything? Well, there's a few ways to go about it. Buy the shows online on something like Prime or Vudu, but you don't actually own it and access can be revoked at any time. You could sail the seven seas 🏴‍☠️ ...

Or you could buy physical copes like a fine, upstanding citizen! Then you can do whatever you want, because those are 10000% yours. And since I love the convenience of streaming, but don't want to be shackled to their whims, I'm now in the process of ripping my disks and storing it on a large SSD.

Just barely started with TOS, getting the remastered versions with my precious subtitles, then I'll move onto the movies, TNG, DS9, and so on. So far it takes about an hour to rip 4 episodes, all about 40-ish minutes each. It's going to take some time for sure, but I'll get there. Then I could start digitizing the rest of my disks that I've picked up since I began collecting steelbooks. There's also the little matter of 4K being a bit of a problem to rip with certain drives, but I don't have to worry about that right now. It's going to be a long road...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

I used to watch everything from TOS to Enterprise on a loop back when it was on US Netflix. Finished Terra Prime? Go right back to The Man Trap, rinse and repeat. But ever since it was all pulled, I haven't gone back to watch it. Not only because I no longer had easy access, and CBS All-Access/Paramount Plus sucks balls, but after the millionth viewing it might've been time to take a multi-year break (absence makes the heart grow fonder!).

However, P+ is no longer "The Home of Star Trek". They keep licensing everything out (the movies are currently on Max instead of P+), and then there's the whole Prodigy debacle. This stupidity isn't exclusive to them though, the other streamers do it as well. Even today, Max dropped about 30 DC titles from its catalog, some of it even going to Disney Plus (surprisingly not an April Fool's joke, granted it's via Hulu). Let's not even get into the tomfoolery Zaslav is up to with trying to get the biggest tax breaks possible.

So what is a guy to do, besides subscribe to everything? Well, there's a few ways to go about it. Buy the shows online on something like Prime or Vudu, but you don't actually own it and access can be revoked at any time. You could sail the seven seas 🏴‍☠️ ...

Or you could buy physical copes like a fine, upstanding citizen! Then you can do whatever you want, because those are 10000% yours. And since I love the convenience of streaming, but don't want to be shackled to their whims, I'm now in the process of ripping my disks and storing it on a large SSD.

Just barely started with TOS, getting the remastered versions with my precious subtitles, then I'll move onto the movies, TNG, DS9, and so on. So far it takes about an hour to rip 4 episodes, all about 40-ish minutes each. It's going to take some time for sure, but I'll get there. Then I could start digitizing the rest of my disks that I've picked up since I began collecting steelbooks. There's also the little matter of 4K being a bit of a problem to rip with certain drives, but I don't have to worry about that right now. It's going to be a long road...

I’ve never actually watched it chronologically like that, definitely going to give it a try. 

What format are you ripping to? Are you going to use something like Plex? I’m tempted to do the same with my Trek collection. Especially for the Epic Pak releases, those are such a pain.

oh and 

GETTIN FROM THERE TO HERE…

• Like 4

Just now, hansreinhardt said:

I’ve never actually watched it chronologically like that, definitely going to give it a try. 

Are you talking about the timeline? I meant release order, but since I mentioned going from Enterprise to TOS I could see how one would think I meant chronological. I'll never understand people who do that btw, for any franchise. The time travel episodes alone would be a huge pain in the ass to navigate, then there's flashbacks, movies/episodes taking place at the same time, and so on. It also loses narrative cohesion, thematic significance, etc.

6 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

What format are you ripping to? Are you going to use something like Plex? I’m tempted to do the same with my Trek collection. Especially for the Epic Pak releases, those are such a pain.

I thought about Plex, but setting up a server, leaving my computer on 24/7, researching NAS, it all sounds like a headache, and I would still need to rip everything anyway, so maybe in the future I'll reconsider. The only reason I even thought about getting Plex was so I could watch Trek at work again, but that's not exactly worth it. If anything I could just take my SSD with me, plug it in. Same goes for trips and any other time away from home.

Maybe I could save myself a few gigs and not even bother with These Are the Voyages lol. Speaking of, chronological viewing would mean I'd have to stop in the middle of The Pegasus to watch this entire episode, since the framing device is Riker in the holodeck.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

Are you talking about the timeline? I meant release order, but since I mentioned going from Enterprise to TOS I could see how one would think I meant chronological. I'll never understand people who do that btw, for any franchise. The time travel episodes alone would be a huge pain in the ass to navigate, then there's flashbacks, movies/episodes taking place at the same time, and so on. It also loses narrative cohesion, thematic significance, etc.

I thought about Plex, but setting up a server, leaving my computer on 24/7, researching NAS, it all sounds like a headache, and I would still need to rip everything anyway, so maybe in the future I'll reconsider. The only reason I even thought about getting Plex was so I could watch Trek at work again, but that's not exactly worth it. If anything I could just take my SSD with me, plug it in. Same goes for trips and any other time away from home.

Maybe I could save myself a few gigs and not even bother with These Are the Voyages lol. Speaking of, chronological viewing would mean I'd have to stop in the middle of The Pegasus to watch this entire episode, since the framing device is Riker in the holodeck.

I was thinking release order too, didn’t mean chronological in-timeline. 

If you change your mind down the road on Plex, it’s surprisingly easy to setup if you can leave a computer on 24/7. My old Mac Pro is running mine. It’s a 2010 model so it’s power hungry as hell. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

How do you normally watch then, just skip around to whatever episode you want? Watch all of Voyager for example, but then go to TNG?

2 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

If you change your mind down the road on Plex, it’s surprisingly easy to setup if you can leave a computer on 24/7. My old Mac Pro is running mine. It’s a 2010 model so it’s power hungry as hell. 

Maybe if I got a cheap-ish PC just to run the server. I have a laptop but the battery is garbage and overheats like crazy, CPU is weak, overall it just sucks. Is the increase to your electricity bill noticeable?

• Like 3

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy