Current Show Discussion

InfiniteDoors

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

I'm a huge Star Trek Fan since forever, but I'm behind on the new stuff a little 😅.

Discorvery I don't really like, as it doesn't feel like a Star Trek to me, I need to start watching S3 soon.

Picard I'm looking forward to Season 2, I liked the first season even when the ending was not so strong.

Lower Decks, is really not for me, I'm not a fan of these kind of Animations, so I'm struggling to find motivation to watch it. I think I'm at Episode 7 S1.

Prodigy I have not watched yet.

• Like 2

I've watched all of the new stuff, even if I don't care for much of it. They all have stuff I can enjoy, even if it's small. Surprisingly, my favorite of the new shows is Prodigy! Since it's intended as "Baby's First Star Trek", it's actually fun to see the main cast learn what it means to be Starfleet. Plus Kate Mulgrew is back as

Season 1 Nickelodeon GIF by Paramount+

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I'm way behind on my Trek viewing... Haven't seen Picard at all yet, but with Season 2 coming to disc shortly, I'll be able to catch up one of these days. Ditto Discovery S. 4 and Strange New Worlds, which I'm really looking forward to and has gotten a lot of great buzz over its first season. 

I think Discovery has finally found its groove with Season 4, and SNW had the best start of all the new live action shows. And Picard, I'm looking forward to all the nostalgia in Season 3.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

I think Discovery has finally found its groove with Season 4, and SNW had the best start of all the new live action shows. And Picard, I'm looking forward to all the nostalgia in Season 3.

Ditto Picard Season 3 - I'm so glad they got the TNG crew back together. I just hope they get another proper sendoff, although I doubt it'll ever come close to "All Good Things..." If it can at least do better than Nemesis and give them the swan song their brief movie run denied them, I'll be happy.

I'm probably in the minority of mostly liking Discovery from the get-go, but some of the characters still irk me. I do very much like the idea of where they're at now and having a bigger purpose, so hopefully S4 works out OK for me. SNW - I'm just excited to see the Enterprise back in action! 🤣

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If this trailer is anything to go by, Picard Season 3 looks to be the swan song the TNG crew were denied in the movies. I’m getting some big Wrath of Khan vibes here! 🤣

In the meantime, my season 2 set arrived a few days ago, just as I finished season 1. Now to find time to watch that before season 3 comes to Blu-ray.

Edited by MikeH5856
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

If this trailer is anything to go by, Picard Season 3 looks to be the swan song the TNG crew were denied in the movies. I’m getting some big Wrath of Khan vibes here! 🤣

In the meantime, my season 2 set arrived a few days ago, just as I finished season 1. Now to find time to watch that before season 3 comes to Blu-ray.

I hope it's a swan song and not a farce. I'll admit, Moriarty being there is interesting, but Lore finally showing up is weird. His time was Season 1, now it's too late imo.

And if one of the TNG crew does die, it better not be Picard again. Or Troi, since she unceremoniously died in All Good Things for some cheap drama for Worf and Riker.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

How has Prodigy been? It's the only new Trek show I haven't watched, and I need me some more Trek! 

I'm liking it the most of all the new shows tbh. It's like "Baby's First Star Trek" with a dash of "Clone Wars", so there's a good balance of cute kid stuff, dark subject matter and classic Trek storytelling. Plus it has Kate Mulgrew back as Janeway, so that's a big win!

Season 1 Yes GIF by Paramount+

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Who's amped for Season 3 of Picard? Glad they're finally getting the TNG crew back together. 

I am hopeful this will be the season we've all wanted since the get go. I liked elements of Seasons 1 and 2, but it felt so mediocre overall. 

Yeah, season 1 and 2 were OK, but that's about all. Season 3 looks freaking terrific, though! Gonna have to wait until the Blu-ray set releases, though, just because I don't feel like subscribing to another streamer for a couple months. Maybe Paramount will fast-track those discs for me! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Yeah, season 1 and 2 were OK, but that's about all. Season 3 looks freaking terrific, though! Gonna have to wait until the Blu-ray set releases, though, just because I don't feel like subscribing to another streamer for a couple months. Maybe Paramount will fast-track those discs for me! 🤣🤣🤣

My hats off to you for waiting, you have more patience than I do! I get waiting though, especially with the news that Paramount+ is rebranding AGAIN... tough to compete with the Blu-ray presentations too.

I can't quite bring myself to by the Season 2 Blu-ray yet, I'm sure the completist will win in the end though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

My hats off to you for waiting, you have more patience than I do! I get waiting though, especially with the news that Paramount+ is rebranding AGAIN... tough to compete with the Blu-ray presentations too.

I can't quite bring myself to by the Season 2 Blu-ray yet, I'm sure the completist will win in the end though

I just finished watching Season 2 last month or thereabouts, and Discovery Season 4 just a couple weeks ago. Strange New Worlds will be out soon, so I'm good for a little while. I'll have a pretty steady Trek stream to keep me satisfied for a bit.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Veum said:

@hansreinhardt 🎞 I still need to watch these of mine…

Star Trek: Picard - Season One (Blu-ray) Star Trek: Picard - Season Two (Blu-ray)

Those steelbooks are beautiful! I love season 2's key art. I've got the amaray release of Season 1 but haven't revisited it on Blu yet. 

I think both seasons have their ups and downs—both have things to like. Will be curious to hear your assessment! But if season 3 stays the course, I think it'll be the best season yet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Watched the new Picard episode this morning, "The Next Generation." 

Anyone else see it yet? My spoiler-free, initial reaction: this feels more like it! 

It was definitely more TNG than the other two seasons, but it just has this edge I still don't like. We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Watched the new Picard episode this morning, "The Next Generation." 

Anyone else see it yet? My spoiler-free, initial reaction: this feels more like it! 

Nice!   I didn’t realize season 3 had started.  Thanks @hansreinhardt, don’t know how I missed that.  

huge TNG fan here.   @InfiniteDoors can you say more about the edge the show has you don’t like.  

I thought the first two seasons were pretty TNG, just a dif crew, but story, shooting style, Borg, Picard the peacemaker, Q, it all felt very familiar to me.  I’m assuming you mean from a character standpoint the first episode of season 3 was more TNG.

Btw not sure if you saw Annie Wershing the Borg Queen actor died at age of 45 a month or so ago. 

• Like 2

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy