Open Club  ·  39 members  ·  Free

Star Trek Club
IGNORED

Current Show Discussion

InfiniteDoors

11 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

A lot of these big box sets have terrible packaging of the discs (wedged into tight cardboard slits or other easily scratched situations). Is that what you mean? If so, maybe a separate disc holder would be best.

Yeah, exactly. The box set consists of two epic-sized DVD-sized cases holding 7 seasons worth of discs double-stacked across the hubs. I was thinking of going with slimmer, individual blu-ray cases, one for each season. Just wondering if anybody has any leads on some good art for each season. Google only gave me a few hits, so I thought I’d see if anybody here might have some suggestions.

• Like 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/4/2023 at 6:47 PM, MikeH5856 said:

Yeah, exactly. The box set consists of two epic-sized DVD-sized cases holding 7 seasons worth of discs double-stacked across the hubs. I was thinking of going with slimmer, individual blu-ray cases, one for each season. Just wondering if anybody has any leads on some good art for each season. Google only gave me a few hits, so I thought I’d see if anybody here might have some suggestions.

I have this same issue with my DS9/VOY DVDs and it's such a chore to get the right disc. Curious if you've had any luck finding a new packaging approach?

ALSO—SNW's "Subspace Rhapsody" episode... anyone seen it yet? Absolutely blew me away. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

I have this same issue with my DS9/VOY DVDs and it's such a chore to get the right disc. Curious if you've had any luck finding a new packaging approach?

Not yet, but I also haven't had much time to dig around for artwork. Whoever thought stacking 40-some discs between two cases was a good idea is a freaking moron.  

I figure I'll go with seven of these kind of cases and hope I can find some art that fits, somewhere. Otherwise I'll just type up the show/season/episode info in Word and call it good enough. But god, how freaking chintzy. 🤣

case.jpg.9021964ef5b3ffc8e683d1daf24e38d7.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The doldrums are almost over. The final season of Disco is a few weeks away, Prodigy season 2 will release this year (thank you Netflix!), SNW season 3 is currently filming, and Lower Decks season 5 is on the way. Also in production are the Section 31 movie, and the upcoming Starfleet Academy show.

The only show of this new era to have ended is Picard, it's been nearly a year since the finale.

How is everyone feeling about all of these movies and shows on the horizon?

• Like 3

On 3/13/2024 at 3:32 PM, InfiniteDoors said:

The doldrums are almost over. The final season of Disco is a few weeks away, Prodigy season 2 will release this year (thank you Netflix!), SNW season 3 is currently filming, and Lower Decks season 5 is on the way. Also in production are the Section 31 movie, and the upcoming Starfleet Academy show.

The only show of this new era to have ended is Picard, it's been nearly a year since the finale.

The Pakled answer is: more Trek good. 

I’m just happy we’ve got more content coming. Looking forward to seeing the new season of Discovery, but I won’t miss the show. It just never worked very well, I never thought it was terrible but I don’t love it. The lesson there is that Trek needs to be an ensemble show. 

Still need to get caught up on Prodigy, I think I’ll make an effort prior to Season 2. I thought it was pretty good but I wish it looked more like Star Trek. 

I fully expect Section 31 to be terrible, so I hope that I’ll be pleasantly surprised when it’s released. Didn’t love the idea of Starfleet Academy at first either, but with Tawny Newsome involved in the writing I have breathed a sigh of relief there. 

• Like 3

I cancelled Paramount+ after SNW wrapped up season 2 and am not in any rush to return. I like Strange New Worlds, but can easily wait for the disc release. Ditto Discovery in its final season. And Starfleet Academy is definitely not any kind of a lure to draw me back to a monthly sub... unlike Star Trek Legacy, which I would happily spring for given how strong Picard Season 3 was. 

On 3/13/2024 at 4:32 PM, InfiniteDoors said:

TLDR: I'll wait for the discs.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2023 at 11:21 AM, MikeH5856 said:

Not yet, but I also haven't had much time to dig around for artwork. Whoever thought stacking 40-some discs between two cases was a good idea is a freaking moron.  

I figure I'll go with seven of these kind of cases and hope I can find some art that fits, somewhere. Otherwise I'll just type up the show/season/episode info in Word and call it good enough. But god, how freaking chintzy. 🤣

case.jpg.9021964ef5b3ffc8e683d1daf24e38d7.jpg

Hey, what'd you end up doing here? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

TL;DR — Doesn't even answer the question. If they listen to fans, as they claim, then why aren't we getting what we want? NO ONE wants a Starfleet Academy show (my previous attempts at optimism there aside) 

I saw that article earlier, it was such a non-answer I don't know why TrekMovie even bothered. Well I do know, they are clickbait half the time and will write around the smallest morsel of info, the shortest of quotes, and the vaguest of tweets.

I'll admit that I liked Disco more once it stopped being a prequel. Not that it immediately got better—the cause of the Burn was so goddamn stupid—but Season 4 was solid enough for the show. But having Starfleet Academy, a very old and very terrible idea, spinoff from the 32nd century? Why. Picard S3 has practically the same setup (lack of Starfleet officers), but much closer to home. And Section 31 will most likely be crap, no matter the timeframe.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

At this point, is there a genre that “Strange New Worlds” can’t do? “As long as we’re in storytelling that is cogent and sure handed, I’m not sure there is,” Goldsman says with an impish smile. “Could it do Muppets? Sure. Could it do black and white, silent, slapstick? Maybe!”

Deep Space Nine Dislike GIF by Star Trek

I dunno, man. Personally, I'd love to see a Muppets episode! 🤣 A time-travel b&w noir episode could be done pretty nicely, too, I think.

• Like 2

Why don't why go even more meta than Far Beyond the Stars while we're at it, the characters can interact with their actors. We can invite fans onto the show to openly thirst after Pike so he becomes uncomfortable. CGI Roddenberry can interact with them.

Being extremely meta has never ever been a bad idea or overused!

Bored The Office GIF

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, InfiniteDoors said:

At this point, is there a genre that “Strange New Worlds” can’t do? “As long as we’re in storytelling that is cogent and sure handed, I’m not sure there is,” Goldsman says with an impish smile.

I feel like Strange New Worlds gets away with this really well, since it’s going for that “modernization of The Original Series” feel. TOS could be so nutty. 

star trek kirk gets shitted on by tribbles GIFStar Trek Spock GIF by TrekMovie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

I feel like Strange New Worlds gets away with this really well, since it’s going for that “modernization of The Original Series” feel. TOS could be so nutty. 

star trek kirk gets shitted on by tribbles GIFStar Trek Spock GIF by TrekMovie

What's the goofiest thing they've done outside of the musical and crossover? The body swap episode and the fairy tale episode? The musical is the only truly "out there" thing the entire franchise has ever done, and I don't want it to become a trend "just cuz".

All I'm trying to say is that some restraint doesn't hurt.

Shall We Begin Star Trek Voyager GIF by Star Trek

• Like 3

ScreenShot2024-04-12at4_17_09PM.thumb.png.562bf7d479cc4097f690898bca2f06eb.png

‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Renewed for Season 4; ‘Lower Decks’ to Conclude With Season 5 (EXCLUSIVE)

Nice to see Strange New Worlds renewed (I was expecting it, but good to have confirmation), but given Discovery and Lower Decks both axed after five seasons I'm guessing SNW won't be long for this world following season 4. Looks like 5 years is the new Trek show standard.

• Like 1

They're Upper Deckers now, if the show kept going they'd be Command Deckers. I'm pretty sure McMahon has said before that he doesn't want the show to continue forever, and after getting promoted it makes enough sense to end it. At least they weren't unceremoniously canceled like Prodigy, thankfully Netflix saved it.

• Like 3

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy