• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Veum

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Catgirl said:

my next films in the cinema :

Black Widow  6. Nov

Bond  12.Nov 

Those are two movies that I'm very excited to see. I hope they do well at the box office. I can honestly wait til next year when things are more settled. I'm not completely sure enough movie goers are ready to return to the theaters.

I don't want the theater experience to die off so I'm fine with waiting more to insure these big budget movies are able to turn a profit.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Those are two movies that I'm very excited to see. I hope they do well at the box office. I can honestly wait til next year when things are more settled. I'm not completely sure enough movie goers are ready to return to the theaters.

I don't want the theater experience to die off so I'm fine with waiting more to insure these big budget movies are able to turn a profit.

It seems that "Tenet" has become the guinea pig for other studios to decide on when to release their tentpole blockbusters.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fortis93 said:

It seems that "Tenet" has become the guinea pig for other studios to decide on when to release their tentpole blockbusters.

Yep that's what I gathered from articles read on the subject, & eventhough I'm happy to have seen the film already I would have been fine waiting on this film also. 

Tenet isn't a cheap film, it's very risky releasing it under these conditions. Under normal circumstances a movie of that nature probably would have already made 500-600 million worldwide. 

With theaters being limited it may only make back its budget which is a shame.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Yep that's what I gathered from articles read on the subject, & eventhough I'm happy to have seen the film already I would have been fine waiting on this film also. 

Tenet isn't a cheap film, it's very risky releasing it under these conditions. Under normal circumstances a movie of that nature probably would have already made 500-600 million worldwide. 

With theaters being limited it may only make back its budget which is a shame.

Yeah, especially given Nolan's penchant for filming practically, on location, and on film/celluloid (especially IMAX), which I imagine contributed to its relatively hefty budget. Combine that with marketing costs and the current climate we're in, and you're essentially looking at a film trying to surmount an ever steepening hill to keep cinemas/theatres alive.

On the one hand, you could argue its efforts are quite admirable, but on the other, you could argue it may have been foolish to not delay its release and open at a later date when things may have been a bit more stabilised.

From what I've read, the film has just surpassed the $200M dollar mark at the box office. It would probably have to make more than double that just to break even, and go even further than that to approach being profitable.

But, then again, I also wonder if Nolan and the studios had already considered and anticipated all this but went ahead with it anyway just to sustain cinemas in some way.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Catgirl said:

meine nächsten Filme im Kino :

Black Widow  6. Nov

Bond  12.Nov

Ich hoffe, dass sie die weiter verschieben. Bringt meiner Meinung nach im Momenzt nichts mit den Blockbustern. Tenet hat jetzt etwas über 200 Millionen, was für den Film eine Katastrophe ist. Die brauchen sicherlich 600+ Million um zum Break Even Point zu kommen. Denke mal aus diesem Grund wurde Wonder Women mal ganz schnell verschoben.

Habe zum jetztigen Zeitpunkt 0 Lust ins Kino zu gehen.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

wo wir Tenet gesehen haben ,war das Kino gut gefüllt ! Der Film geht schon seinen Weg ,da bin ich mir sicher ..... 

Und außerdem hat es mal Spaß gemacht wieder im Kino zu sitzen. Darum denke ich auch das bis November es sich doch wieder etwas normalisiert. Die Leute wollen ins Kino (außer Nils 😁) und gerade bei diesen beiden Titeln ......  

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Catgirl said:

where we saw Tenet, the cinema was full! The film is already on its way, I'm sure ..... 

And it was also fun to be back in the cinema. That's why I also think that it will normalize a bit by November. People want to go to the cinema (except for Nils  😁 ) and especially with these two titles ......  

It's interesting that my two most anticipated movies of the year were Tenet and No Time To Die. Both of which you can argue are essentially James Bond movies. xD

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

It's interesting that my two most anticipated movies of the year were Tenet and No Time To Die. Both of which you can argue are essentially James Bond movies. xD

No Time To Die was definitely my most anticipated movie of the year, followed by Tenet, & Black Widow. I’ve been waiting for Black Widow since Iron Man 2. I can’t believe it has taken this long for her movie. I thought at least there would be an Agents of Shield movie produced to highlight more of her backstory & Hawkeyes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

No Time To Die was definitely my most anticipated movie of the year, followed by Tenet, & Black Widow. I’ve been waiting for Black Widow since Iron Man 2. I can’t believe it has taken this long for her movie. I thought at least there would be an Agents of Shield movie produced to highlight more of her backstory & Hawkeyes.

I remember expecting them to make the next standalone movie about her after the first Avengers was released. It is weird we haven't gotten a Black Widow until now given how essential and popular the character is/has been.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb BobaFett1974:

Och ich schon. In mein Heimkino. Und der Vorteil ist, da kann ich jeden Tag rein. Ab jetzt sogar mit Atmos und DTS-X 😁...

Jaja, so ein dediziertes Heimkino ist schon ein Träumchen ... Vielleicht irgendwann mal im eigenen Heim. ;) Bis dahin muss die Surround-Anlage im Wohnzimmer der Mietwohnung ausreichen. Immerhin sind die Nachbarn lärmunempfindlich - oder die Wände stop using inappropriate language genug. Da klopft es nicht mal an der Tür, wenn im Dark Knight das Krankenhaus zusammenkracht. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4