IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas Grid Operators Say Electrical System Back to Normal

image.jpeg.60166390c5b0d4917b8300163338f6cf.jpeg

People carry groceries from a local gas station on February 15, 2021 in Austin, Texas. (Montinique Monroe/Getty Images)

Texas’ grid operators said Friday that the electrical system has returned to normal for the first time since a winter storm knocked out power to more than 4 million customers.

Texas winter storm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Spoiler

yjalKOX.jpg

JvV5ULp.jpg

lMj069H.jpg

OxlWBvz.jpg

S4XAGAA.jpg

08YGuSv.jpg

zHdAZuf.jpg

qv0DDy3.jpg

kM9rZe9.jpg

88M9oXf.jpg

8jiMC9Y.jpg

Zuhon3e.jpg

cE8FTfs.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are feeling well today! Here’s to everyone having a Soothing Sunday & a great start to the new week!

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Oh my @Hollywood E Rock....

4Zm776nmEX5o5Z2Af4.gif.a6530f7922f701d21d831ea0f1ef17fb.gif

That is satisfying...

3oKIPjHCmuXqdVvak8.gif.334ef1a846d4e3bfe9dc0aea573dc149.gif

Makes me feel....

ZbZTY1sQymVXUn2C20.gif.b6f244768da107657f8670c0249d6029.gif

Promise not do do anything I shouldn't....

wHd12CmDCX1pHCJAHM.gif.060c5ac8fded61101ae7c6f2cc64485c.gif

I'll just sit here and enjoy my coffee....

147p93s2vFKsQU.gif.7e7a94973eab43259c6dab9cb1736c10.gif

Thank you brother....

#Secrethandshakecrew.... 

hYAvfvuj8xKxO.gif.09fff652203119827b931f956d21349e.gif

• Haha 6

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

HOFRI7o.jpg

@Hollywood E Rock I’m on my iPad now, however I’m not seeing what you circled for me... where is it, do I need to click on something? 🧐 🤷‍♂️ 

Do I need to go into settings to enable something? 🤔 UPDATE: (can’t be this as I do not see anything related to it)

confused make up GIF by Lifetime

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Hollywood E Rock I’m on my iPad now, however I’m not seeing what you circled for me... where is it, do I need to click on something? 🧐 🤷‍♂️ 

Do I need to go into settings to enable something? 🤔 UPDATE: (can’t be this as I do not see anything related to it)

confused make up GIF by Lifetime

giphy.gif

All I know is when the site had its last update I’m now able to see new info about the threads. I didn’t do anything as far as my settings go. You can’t see it because........

giphy.gif

😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

I concur with this.

I thought the ideas in general were pretty solid/sound, it's just the execution of said ideas left a lot to be desired.

They were either rushed/underdeveloped and/or presented in a heavy-handed way. They didn't have the emotional impact they could've had.

@Fortis93

Tag you here since our German friends are 😴😴😴 sleeping now. To respond to the top portion of your post

giphy.gif

I actually like the idea of Luke encountering an evil far greater than the Empire/Darth Vader and losing his way before having to eventually come back stronger than ever. I like that kind of a redemption story.

I do as well, In theory, in my mind at least a story like that could have a ton of depth which could have lead to more than just one movie. When I watched the movie for the first time I was confused about why such a grand idea was wasted on one movie.

Especially considering that the studio wants to make multiple movies. Big grand ideas when handle & fleshed out properly can lead to years of storytelling. Every studio but Marvel seems to be in such a rush, but at the same time they want properties that will last years. You can’t have franchise longevity rushing ideas & $hitting on what came before.

Problem is, given the nature of the character and the mythology you're dealing with, you have to be a really good writer to not only pull off something like that in one movie, but also pull it off successfully as just one subplot in a movie that's already got a few of them.

giphy.gif

When Luke died at the end of the film, my reaction was more along the lines of 'Oh...okay. He's dead now.' Nothing more than that. It was more confusion than anything else. And it felt somewhat empty.

That was pretty much my same reaction. Me & Erica saw the film opening weekend & by the end 

Me: Did he just.........

Erica: Yep I think he just died.

Me: giphy.gif

When Tony Stark died at the end of Endgame, I was pretty much silent for the entire sequence and really felt the full weight of his sacrifice.

Me TOO! I can’t stand Tony Stark’s a$$, but by the end of the movie having the chance to be on the storytelling journey with these characters over the years I was 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

They got me, I was emotionally invested & because the story took years to build up all the emotional beats was earned. Marvel isn’t prefect. Every movie isn’t some ground breaking must see cinematic experience, but no matter if I like the movies or not I do always feel like real planning & thought was put into the films that are being produced by them. 

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 3