IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I’m going to go ahead and be the new guy who asks dumb questions.

1) What does WeET stand for?

2) When using these forums, how do I jump to the last page?  Currently I only see a ‘Next’ key and there are 1120 pages to scroll through!  Ouch.

Actual topic:  I need a decent all-region bluray/4K player that has a great picture but isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg, wondering if anyone has recommendations.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

2) When using these forums, how do I jump to the last page?  Currently I only see a ‘Next’ key and there are 1120 pages to scroll through!  Ouch.

Actual topic:  I need a decent all-region bluray/4K player that has a great picture but isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg, wondering if anyone has recommendations.

So the answer to (2) is: by posting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

howdy! Sony X700 is probably your best bet, you’ll need to search for a region free version though. More expensive is the Panasonic DP-UB420, and even more is the 820. You’ll also need to make sure you search for the specific region free version. I have the 820 region free and it’s spectacular. 

The Sony is a fine player but you have to manually enable/disable Dolby Vision every time. 420 doesn’t have DV but the 820 does. Sony occasionally has trouble with triple layer discs, but mine never encountered this. 

hope this helps! 

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

howdy! Sony X700 is probably your best bet, you’ll need to search for a region free version though. More expensive is the Panasonic DP-UB420, and even more is the 820. I have the 820 region free and it’s spectacular. 

The Sony is a fine player but you have to manually enable/disable Dolby Vision every time. 420 doesn’t have DV but the 820 does. Sony occasionally has trouble with triple layer discs, but mine never encountered this. 

hope this helps! 

I agree with this, the Sony X700/X700M is a workhorse, and you need only have the drawer open and the power on to change the Blu-ray Region decoder between A, B or C. 

i’ve heard of a very, VERY small number of units that have problems reading triple layer 4K UHD discs (like for HBO series). Try one of those soon after you get the player to make sure it doesn’t have any issues. If it does, you need to return unit for another one. I am the lucky owner of two units from which I’ve had no problems in the 1.5 years of owning them. 

Edited by Manticore4
  • Like 5

Awards

Navigating to the first or last page of any thread is very easy—you scroll to the top or bottom and click on the *actual* double-arrow symbol; that will take you directly to the very beginning, or the very end of any thread (it is just to the right of the word NEXT).

Edited by Manticore4
  • Like 4

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

1. WeET = We Enjoy EntertainmenT (I kid you not)

2. You should see a little ">>" sign. That skips to to the end. You can also use the drop down next to the page numbers to go to a specific page.

image.png.4f9e2d088e97492f525ec6b2a81419a0.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, guys.  I’ve got a tough decision to make.  Buying a house, so I need to buy less loot, but I also need a disc player that will show me some of the cool discs I picked up from other regions.  

I absolutely knew I was going to feel like an idiot when I got an answer to the scrolling question :) 

• Like 5

🥤🧋🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋‍♂️

We want/need Beauty Shots NOW please from you know who 🐿 🙋‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Bring It Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

1%
Mostly sunny and very warm

RealFeel®88°

RealFeel Shade™84°

Max UV Index5 Moderate

WindE 6 mph

• Like 4

11 hours ago, deckard99 said:

1. WeET = We Enjoy EntertainmenT (I kid you not)

2. You should see a little ">>" sign. That skips to to the end. You can also use the drop down next to the page numbers to go to a specific page.

image.png.4f9e2d088e97492f525ec6b2a81419a0.png

Follow up question: does the “WeET” signify anything about a set where you see it?  Any extra bells and whistles, does it serve as a descriptor of a certain kind of product?

Regardless, I’m over here recording a song called. “WeET, There It Is”.  May not get huge now but would’ve owned radio in the 90s.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Thanks, guys.  I’ve got a tough decision to make.  Buying a house, so I need to buy less loot, but I also need a disc player that will show me some of the cool discs I picked up from other regions.  

I absolutely knew I was going to feel like an idiot when I got an answer to the scrolling question :) 

:) 🤠 Howdy @Heywoodmoutaw, I own these 4K players and I’m very satisfied with them❣️ 🙏

Sony UBP - X700

Seiki 4K (2)… these are not obtainable now unfortunately  😔 

Philips UHD 4K (2)

I’ve used 220-electronics.com here below and have had great experiences! :) 🙋‍♂️

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Basil said:

hello ladies how is everyone doing????

Im Fine GIF

1 hour ago, Veum said:

I’ve used 220-electronics.com here below and have had great experiences! :) 🙋‍♂️

That looks like a great place for region free players, thanks @Veum for the heads up! Bookmarking this. Still salivating over the Panasonic UB9000. I used RegionFreedom to make my Panasonic region free, but they appear to be defunct now (and do not have good reviews... looks like I got lucky I guess!) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Veum said:

:) 🤠 Howdy @Heywoodmoutaw, I own these 4K players and I’m very satisfied with them❣️ 🙏

Sony UBP - X700

Seiki 4K (2)… these are not obtainable now unfortunately  😔 

Philips UHD 4K (2)

Thank you!  Free shipping, no less.  

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Follow up question: does the “WeET” signify anything about a set where you see it?  Any extra bells and whistles, does it serve as a descriptor of a certain kind of product?

Regardless, I’m over here recording a song called. “WeET, There It Is”.  May not get huge now but would’ve owned radio in the 90s.

@Heywoodmoutaw WeET is the name of the retailer. The have 2 product lines, Weet Collection (slips with WWA steelbooks) and Weet Exclusive (slips with WEA steelbooks and more deluxe packaging)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Im Fine GIF

That looks like a great place for region free players, thanks @Veum for the heads up! Bookmarking this. Still salivating over the Panasonic UB9000. I used RegionFreedom to make my Panasonic region free, but they appear to be defunct now (and do not have good reviews... looks like I got lucky I guess!) 

There are also a couple of very excellent reputable large dealers that sell on eBay. I got my two Sony X700 players from the eBay seller, region*free*DVD, and it was about $75 less than 220-electronics.com, though admittedly that was a year ago.

• Like 3

Awards

🥤🧋🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋‍♂️

Its The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Fall GIF

We want/need Beauty Shots NOW please from you know who 🐿 🙋‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Bring It Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

SAT9/23

1%
Mostly sunny and warm

RealFeel®82°

RealFeel Shade™79°

Max UV Index5 Moderate

WindNE 7 mph

• Like 3

78 and gorgeous in Nashville, sunny, headed to 87.  No humidity and the breeze, believe it or not, is what we think of as “feels like fall coming on” in these parts.

Finally got to watch the new Sleepy Hollow arrival with the kiddo last night, looks excellent.  (SPOILER) I hadn’t seen it in so long I forgot about all the heads in the tree.  Kind of made me laugh, the audacity and the way it was shot; my son was appropriately taken aback.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

78 and gorgeous in Nashville, sunny, headed to 87.  No humidity and the breeze, believe it or not, is what we think of as “feels like fall coming on” in these parts.

Finally got to watch the new Sleepy Hollow arrival with the kiddo last night, looks excellent.  (SPOILER) I hadn’t seen it in so long I forgot about all the heads in the tree.  Kind of made me laugh, the audacity and the way it was shot; my son was appropriately taken aback.

@Heywoodmoutaw how is the 4K picture quality (PQ)? 🧐 

I was hoping to get the “new” steelbook but was too late to the table! 😔 

I might just have to get the 4K standard if the PQ is great! 🙏

• Like 2