IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Exactly, it’s definitely strange that it has taken this long. I know that for whatever reason the general consensus was that studio higher ups didn’t have much faith in female lead superhero movies, but since being apart of the MCU she has proven herself to be a box office draw on a couple of occasions. During those periods where she had success outside the company would have been the best time to pull the trigger, & if they thought she couldn’t carry the movie by herself, that’s when they get a great supporting cast around her that is made up of stars who also sale tickets. I’m in outsider to the business and I have observed different studios get movies done using such tactics to great success, but for whatever reason sometimes it seems like they become short sighted depending on who is trying to push for a movie to be done. Like you said though, it’s nice to see that it finally did happen,🤞🏾That it doesn’t disappoint.

You know what's cool, though?

After Endgame, it looks like Marvel decided to allow the 'secondary' or 'side' characters to take centre stage for this next phase with WandaVision, The Falcon & The Winter Soldier and now Loki in the series format; all of which I've enjoyed immensely.

And soon, we'll have Black Widow in the cinematic/movie format.

It's a bit of a bold move, but I'm really digging it. Lots of interesting characters, stories and possibilities. 

• Like 5

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

You know what's cool, though?

After Endgame, it looks like Marvel decided to allow the 'secondary' or 'side' characters to take centre stage for this next phase with WandaVision, The Falcon & The Winter Soldier and now Loki in the series format; all of which I've enjoyed immensely.

And soon, we'll have Black Widow in the cinematic/movie format.

It's a bit of a bold move, but I'm really digging it. Lots of interesting characters, stories and possibilities. 

@Fortis93 You’re right, I have noticed that as well, & I hope it pays off for the company, because I believe moves like they have been making lately is what can possibly keep the superhero genre alive & well. Once you find a winning formula it can become challenging to want to do something different out of fear of failure, but after a while the formula becomes stale & the product runs dry anyway. So it’s better to attempt to stay fresh with adding new ingredients in from time to time. It seems like this is what they are doing with this current new phase, & like you I’ve been very satisfied with the results. If I was to complain about one thing with this current phase it would be that I wish the shows was longer, because each one so far could have had even more story to tell, but this is coming from a greedy comic book fan 😂.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, goose_3387 said:

@Hollywood E Rock

Shout out to DiCaprio though. The guy is an insane actor! 🙌👍

I guess you could say he's on fire...

8794e9f810e6199e-600x338.gif

@goose_3387 He is most definitely very talented with a strong catalog of films. If one was to go on a movie marathon they would be in for a week long treat going down his filmography.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

If one was to go on a movie marathon they would be in for a week long treat going down his filmography.

True mate. Have you ever seen The man in the iron mask?

One of his lesser know flicks but quite good watch.

Comes on TV on Channel 5 the odd Sunday afternoon here in the UK...

• Like 6