• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Catgirl:

Guten Morgen ,man dat war ja viel auf englisch zu lesen und dann auch noch am frühen Morgen 🤣

Allen Urlaubern guten Flug /Fahrt 👍

hat bei mir auch lange gedauert bis ich das geschnallt habe,

aber Nils hat die 2.Staatsangehörigkeit 2. Pass,ist jetzt auch Engländer

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.gif

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

hat bei mir auch lange gedauert bis ich das geschnallt habe,

aber Nils hat die 2.Staatsangehörigkeit 2. Pass,ist jetzt auch Engländer

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.gif

Mit der Sache hatte ich nicht zu tun 😂 (viel war aber noch der alte Text). War selber überrascht, als ich nicht gleich in den German Room gekommen bin.

Engländer

Excuse Me Dog GIF by MOODMAN

seit Brexit, weiß ich nicht ob das gut ist 😂

Früher hätte ich dann schon lieber Amerikaner gesagt, aber auch das finde ich nicht mehr so verlockend 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I had nothing to do with the matter 😂 (but the old text was still a lot). I was surprised myself when I didn't come straight to the German Room.

English people

Excuse Me Dog GIF by MOODMAN

since Brexit, I don't know if that's a good thing 😂

In the past I would have preferred to say American, but I don't find that so tempting anymore either 😅

could always just call us english and limeys and be done with it

Leaving Season 2 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

limeys is rude, is a swear word in German, something like that is not proper

well limeys is an old expression and was used for americans in ww2.

if it was rude in german i was not aware of that, so sorry for that.

talking of rude to keep mentioning there are so many english in the german room, well that sort saying why are they all here? 

i personally consider that rude and feel like we are not wanted by those statements. maybe im being sensitive but i thought we are all one lot now?

i wish people would think from the other point of view of the other person reading as well

but if it is prefered that im not here i can leave this room in peace if required.

basil 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

• ★ Administrators ★
12 minutes ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

limeys is rude, is a swear word in German, something like that is not proper

Der Spitzname Limey bezeichnet zum einen Matrosen der britischen Kriegs- und Handelsmarine, zum anderen als Ethnophaulismus „die Briten“ oder auch „die Engländer“ im Allgemeinen.

35 minutes ago, Basil said:

could always just call us english and limeys and be done with it

Leaving Season 2 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Your google translation did change what I wrote. I only wrote "Engländer" which would simply be english/englishman" then came the gif. So you got the "english people", which sounds rude and I guess offended you. I'm sorry for that.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Basil said:

talking of rude to keep mentioning there are so many english in the german room, well that sort saying why are they all here? 

i personally consider that rude and feel like we are not wanted by those statements. maybe im being sensitive but i thought we are all one lot now?

i wish people would think from the other point of view of the other person reading as well

but if it is prefered that im not here i can leave this room in peace if required.

basil 

I think a bit got probably lost in translation here. I'm not aware of "limey" being a swearword and even if it was shouldn't it be the English getting offended by it? But if you as an Englishman don't see any problem with it, I don't think we are to say what you should use to describe your own folk. I always thought it was the same as calling us Krauts, which at least to me isn't offending.

But you must also understand that of course you are welcome here but not everyone can speak English or is fluent enough to understand slang and such. Some use websites or similar to translate and we all know these are less than accurate. So I don't think Üdi meant for you to go away and it's just a misunderstanding / miscommunication,

Edited by Trianna
  • Like 8

• ★ Administrators ★

@Basil, nobody wants you or any other UK member visting German room to leave. We are happy that you like this room enough to show up and participate. That goes for all other nationalities too

Like I explained above I think my comment I made to the one Rüdiger made before (when he joked about it and said I would be english now) got distorted by the translation you received.

Again, sorry if you got offended by this misunderstanding.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@Trianna and @extantsrevenge

i did not have issue with limey its simple work back in the day (udi said was something offence in german?), it would seem google is very not solid and converted the german badly back to me.

with what nils wrote and other bits. it did from the conversion come across offence. now i can see it was none of your faults except that bloody google translator. wish i had learnt german properly 

so i apologize if i had read it wrong.

i will have to learn to treat google says very very carefully from now on.

Sorry I Apologize GIF  

all is good 

basil 👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Basil:

basil 

nobody said you have to go here, on the contrary, we are a community and everyone is welcome

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2