• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

@Catgirl i do have one question here you point the bit out without alcohol last couple of weeks, now is this to prove your not a pisshead or more to say you don't drink before a certain time and if so you drink after a certain time what is you threshold line 1pm or 2pm or such like xD 

sorry could not resist to ask this question xD

or thinking out even more the unthinkable you be a german are you a teetotaler? xD 

bear in mind think the rest of the germans be like below if you answer yes to that last question about drinking xD 

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

but still love you whatever you preference :D

fud GIF 

basil :D

• Haha 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Basil:

i know its as sh1t show, our school decided to switch from french which at that point id been doing for 3 years and was reasonably good at, there point was because i had been good at that would easily switch over to german and we would get plenty of support to make sure we crossed the line ok without any problems.

so i took them at there word, the reality was 40 kids in the class instead of the normal 30 and 1 teacher run ragged between us all barely able to keep up with all the questions.

anyone that did not keep up because was accelerated learning was told sit at the back of the class and if lucky once in a blue moon asked a question which we had no idea what was going on! 

all because the teacher did not have enough time because of the size of the class, i believe about 8 of us completely failed out of the 40.

we could have easily used another teacher in reality to help sort out the problems and give us the extra time we needed, i know i would have got there given that time and attention i needed. i don't claim to be the brightest spark in the box but im far from stupid either, which is how alot of us got treated.

homework was a joke it was set you came back in said i dont understand any of it, told ok don't worry.

my parents could not help because neither of them spoke german either in was a completely vicious circle and degrading experience all the way.

have to say though the german people in here are the friendliest people you could meet in here

i have to say not being able to speak alot of it does terrify you, which originally made me very weary of coming in here to start with because im quite so out of my depth with the language but google translate seems to cover a fair bit of the language and i know it never be perfect but the germans seem to understand my predicament and have been wonderful 👍:D🥰

all the best

basil 👍

I haven't been here that long, but I have to say the community is really great! As a newcomer you got a great welcome straight away. Sometimes they even treat each other with respect! 🤣 And I think it's great that this is happening so well here, across languages and countries. That shows that it's not a question of borders or language barriers, but a question of passion and the hobby that you share! And a matter of humour...😂 Amen!

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

• Like 9

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Gladiator_MV:

@Ripper ...was sagen eigentlich deine Mädels zu dem teuren Kauf?! 😉😜

Hätte man nicht lieber das Geld in die Familie investieren können?! ect. Oder für die lieben Pferdchen (Futter) ect. 😉😜

Die hässlichen Dinos stehen doch ehh nur im Regal rum! 😉😜

Ich würde an deiner Stelle die hässlichen Dinger wieder verkaufen & das Geld lieber für nützliche Sachen ausgeben, nur wegen deim Ego! 😉😜

Season 7 Episode 3 GIF by The Big Bang Theory

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Basil said:

i know its as sh1t show, our school decided to switch from french which at that point id been doing for 3 years and was reasonably good at, there point was because i had been good at that would easily switch over to german and we would get plenty of support to make sure we crossed the line ok without any problems.

so i took them at there word, the reality was 40 kids in the class instead of the normal 30 and 1 teacher run ragged between us all barely able to keep up with all the questions.

anyone that did not keep up because was accelerated learning was told sit at the back of the class and if lucky once in a blue moon asked a question which we had no idea what was going on! 

all because the teacher did not have enough time because of the size of the class, i believe about 8 of us completely failed out of the 40.

we could have easily used another teacher in reality to help sort out the problems and give us the extra time we needed, i know i would have got there given that time and attention i needed. i don't claim to be the brightest spark in the box but im far from stupid either, which is how alot of us got treated.

homework was a joke it was set you came back in said i dont understand any of it, told ok don't worry.

my parents could not help because neither of them spoke german either in was a completely vicious circle and degrading experience all the way.

have to say though the german people in here are the friendliest people you could meet in here

i have to say not being able to speak alot of it does terrify you, which originally made me very weary of coming in here to start with because im quite so out of my depth with the language but google translate seems to cover a fair bit of the language and i know it never be perfect but the germans seem to understand my predicament and have been wonderful 👍:D🥰

all the best

basil 👍

4 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

It was similar for us when learning Italian in at our school.

There was only one or two teachers that taught it in between 120-130 students. A lot of kids ended up failing or barely passing.

We only had to learn it for one year though. If you wanted to continue learning it, it was an elective in Years 11 & 12 (Higher School Certificate). If you wanted to learn other languages (Greek, Arabic, Serbian, etc.), you had to go to a seperate school after hours.

I was a bit worried coming here at first, but you learn a lot just by watching everyone here speak. And everyone here is more than welcoming and accomodating. They seem to appreciate it when you make an effort...even if you stumble at times.

There's also a channel on YouTube called "Easy German", which is pretty good if you want to practice:

https://www.youtube.com/c/EasyGerman

Coffee Drink GIF by Alex The Astronaut

• Like 3