IGNORED

Hello everybody!

Vanguard1138

Hey all, 

Long time steelbook collector (or sufferer depending on whether you're my wallet or not) checking in, recently became aware of MP through the LOTR group buy which sadly I didn't get on this round, but fortunately there's a WEET Gold in the works 😉 

Thinking back, I think my first steelbook was either Scott Pilgrim vs The World or the Metal Gear Solid HD collection on PS3. Both take me right back to those early days! 

I now have a bookcase full, so I've clearly spent too much on the hobby but every time I think I've got everything I need, retailers have a way of releasing something I didn't even know I wanted! I'm sure you're all familiar with the feeling... 

MP is my introduction to the real _premium_ side of this hobby, my main retailers so far have been Zavvi or HMV - take that as you will. 

Steelbook wish list: 
- Anything Star Trek that doesn't already have a steelbook (I don't count the standard movie poster releases for I - X and want proper steelbooks for HD TNG)  
- Spider-man 1-3 (got on the group buy for Weet 😉 super excited for it)! 
- Galaxy Quest (I know the US has one but it's far from inspired)! 

The favourite steelbooks I own: 
- GOTG (Original tape design - US Import) 
- Avengers 4 movie set (US Import) 
- Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse (4K - HMV) 

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know you fellow minded folk a little more as I get stuck further into this crazy collectors world! See you around! 

Edited by Vanguard1138
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Vanguard1138 said:

Hey all, 

Long time steelbook collector (or sufferer depending on whether you're my wallet or not) checking in, recently became aware of MP through the LOTR group buy which sadly I didn't get on this round, but fortunately there's a WEET Gold in the works 😉 

Thinking back, I think my first steelbook was either Scott Pilgrim vs The World or the Metal Gear Solid HD collection on PS3. Both take me right back to those early days! 

I now have a bookcase full, so I've clearly spent too much on the hobby but every time I think I've got everything I need, retailers have a way of releasing something I didn't even know I wanted! I'm sure you're all familiar with the feeling... 

MP is my introduction to the real _premium_ side of this hobby, my main retailers so far have been Zavvi or HMV - take that as you will. 

Steelbook wish list: 
- Anything Star Trek that doesn't already have a steelbook (I don't count the standard movie poster releases for I - X and want proper steelbooks for HD TNG)  

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know you fellow minded folk a little more as I get stuck further into this crazy collectors world! See you around! 

🥤Howdy @Vanguard1138I’m so glad you found us here at MP, a warm Welcome my friend!😊🤠😇😷😊

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

Please get to know our Group Buy (GB) rules to help you out on our site a little better 

HERE: MP Group Buy Rules (Updated 08.03.21):)

Yeah, I hear you, I’m a collector too that started w/Best Buy/Target exclusives that really got me into the Premium editions (I started way back though  & gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣). then I was fortunate to find out about this terrific forum MP from another forum I followed & MP took over my #1 place since March ‘19 hey 👋 

collector GIF

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP and the Ol’ American guy 😆 (Ol’ Veum is me) because I do enjoy communicating with all the peeps!😊

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the pinkish/red as it gets our attention!). 😁

• Like 2

gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣)

I'm feeling this pain for the first time upgrading my MCU from 3DBlu to 4K 😂  - it's great to know that there are plenty like me here with shall we say, humble roots? 

I also have to praise the group buy instructions. So comprehensive and clear, I'll be sure to give one of you a tag if I run into any problems! 

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, Vanguard1138 said:

I'm feeling this pain for the first time upgrading my MCU from 3DBlu to 4K 😂  - it's great to know that there are plenty like me here with shall we say, humble roots? 

I also have to praise the group buy instructions. So comprehensive and clear, I'll be sure to give one of you a tag if I run into any problems! 

Hold on here, wait a minute. @Vanguard1138 you actually READ the GB rules?

I need to alert the team! Hey everyone, a member has actually read our GB rules and he even finds them clear!

faint fainting GIF

Sorry, it's just that this rare occurrence needs to be celebrated and preserved for future generations.

• Haha 5

• ★ Administrators ★

@Vanguard1138 Before I started buying steelbooks I focused on 3D blurays (MCU and pretty much everything else decent). Still have them all too, and while I've been buying the same movies in 4K, I still love the experience of seeing them in 3D. I'd say most of us (if not all) started off small. Upgrading DVDs and such, buying blurays, getting into steelbooks, and then one day discovering the world of premiums.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Vanguard1138 said:

Hey all, 

Steelbook wish list: 

TBH SOMETIMES Zavvi has some nice stuff .

Take care

John

• Like 2

^^

Indeed, I personally am quite a fan of Zavvi and have been dealing with them for, well, let's just say a very long time.

I know ALL the horror stories but perhaps I'm just lucky, because I've only been disappointed twice.

In addition to some lovely Steels, they are frequently my go-to for Special Editions from such noted publishers as;

- Arrow

- MoC

- BFI

- Second Sight

- Powerhouse (Indicator)

- AlltheAnime (AtA)

and many more Boutique houses.

Best Buy I simply categorize as a smaller Amazon. Some nice stuff but usually the titles they put in metal end up with either Boutique labels or Premium labels.

Of course...ymmv...😉

• 4 weeks later...

tenor.gif?itemid=12175010

Welcome!! Feel yourself at home!! :D

If you need anything just tag me or send me a PM. ;)

On 3/31/2021 at 7:25 AM, Vanguard1138 said:

Steelbook wish list: 

I hope you signed up for the One Click on the Spider-Man GB. That will be a beautiful piece of art like all their exclusive releases. 9_9

See you around buddy!! xD;)