TV News (& some nostalgic memories)!

Veum

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Apple+ focuses on quality over quantity. It's worth it for Silo, Foundation, and Constellation alone, but there is lots of other good stuff too. Napoleon with Joaquin Phoenix is on my watch list. Heard good things about "For All Mankind". Almost forgot about Severance, a fantastic show! $10 per month is a bargain IMO.

Seconded on all of those! After four seasons, For All Mankind has cemented itself as one of the all-time sci-fi TV greats in my mind. 

@Veum if you agree to give For All Mankind a shot I'll pay for your first month of Apple TV+

George Costanza Flirt GIF

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Apple+ focuses on quality over quantity. It's worth it for Silo, Foundation, and Constellation alone, but there is lots of other good stuff too. Napoleon with Joaquin Phoenix is on my watch list. Heard good things about "For All Mankind". Almost forgot about Severance, a fantastic show! $10 per month is a bargain IMO.

Don't forget:

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

My favorite comedy of the last few years. 

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

Seconded on all of those! After four seasons, For All Mankind has cemented itself as one of the all-time sci-fi TV greats in my mind. 

@Veum if you agree to give For All Mankind a shot I'll pay for your first month of Apple TV+

Isn't the first month free? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Isn't the first month free? 

1st 7 days free trial…

For $9.99 per month, you can watch all those original movies and shows and take advantage of one of the best deals in the world of streaming. All new subscribers get a free seven-day trial before being billed, which is great for anyone wanting to give the platform a spin.

• Like 4

@hansreinhardt alright alright, I'll give a weekend in St. Bart a shot, I doubt I'll like it, but if you pay, I'm happy to try it out for ya.

image.gif.3a865f28ea3e70a908af1de29bf795e3.gif

• Haha 6

For All Mankind has cemented itself as one of the all-time sci-fi TV greats in my mind. 

Wow, that's a bold take.  

I loved it and had high hopes during the first season, then Karen decided to be a member of MILF manor, and I was afraid it would descend in to melodrama and gave up.  And, Sarah Jones . . . well, she is just . . . impressive.

But, now . . . . I have to revisit.  Thanks for the push.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Wow, that's a bold take.  

I loved it and had high hopes during the first season, then Karen decided to be a member of MILF manor, and I was afraid it would descend in to melodrama and gave up.  And, Sarah Jones . . . well, she is just . . . impressive.

But, now . . . . I have to revisit.  Thanks for the push.

I loved it though the third season didn’t quite gel for me.   Fourth season was better.  

• Like 3

On 3/22/2024 at 5:35 PM, deckard99 said:

Thank you for naming all of them, noted on the list.

Pitchfork Music Festival Thank You GIF by Pitchfork

I have started The 3 Body Problem, it is necessary to watch several episodes to get a clear opinion

• Like 5

On 3/23/2024 at 5:44 PM, hansreinhardt said:

Will be curious to hear your opinion on this one, it sounds like a fascinating story

I finished watching the first season.

Screenshot_20240328_110144.jpg.e3decf4410af5b8181bcd6b101a905aa.jpg

Mixed feelings. The proposal is very interesting and very ambitious; It has certain moments or scenes that are quite memorable; The casting is up to par.

I would also say that since it is so ambitious, after a few chapters, the intensity of the chapters decreases as the plot is revealed. Also certain characters end up losing interests compared to others.

In general, I don't regret having seen it (which happened to me with the last season of Game of Thrones) and I would be willing to continue with a second season, which I imagine will happen in the future

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...