• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
4 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

ย 

Honestly think I might faint! Oh my god, this is amazing. I've been dreaming about a Flanagan-led Dark Tower series for years now!

Couldnโ€™t agree more. ย This is the the right partnership. ย Now the fun of casting rumors begins!

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Couldnโ€™t agree more. ย This is the the right partnership. ย Now the fun of casting rumors begins!

ย 

ย 

I just hope this one makes it farther than Amazonโ€™s previous effortโ€ฆ (Iโ€™d still really like to see Glen Mazzaraโ€™s pilot they filmed and shelved.)

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
8 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I just hope this one makes it farther than Amazonโ€™s previous effortโ€ฆ (Iโ€™d still really like to see Glen Mazzaraโ€™s pilot they filmed and shelved.)

Iโ€™m sure it will make it further. ย Flanagan track record is solid and he knows how to work within a budget. ย 
ย 

BTW I donโ€™tย think the Mazzara script was ever green lit or filmedโ€ฆ

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Iโ€™m sure it will make it further. ย Flanagan track record is solid and he knows how to work within a budget. ย 
ย 

BTW I donโ€™tย think the Mazzara script was ever green lit or filmedโ€ฆ

It was filmed and Amazon passed. Sounds like it would have been basically a prequel series, like the Marvel comics from a few years back (which were great, btw, and plotted by Kingโ€™s research assistant, Robin Furth, who authored two volumes of The Dark Tower concordance). Mazzara talked about his pilot on an episode of The Kingcast podcast a few years back, too. Well worth a listen!

ย 

I think Flanagan is going to go the more straightforward route and adapt the 7 books, which Iโ€™m all for. Man, I am so freaking excited for this! Iโ€™m also trying not to get my hopes up too, too high in case this project falls through and all the worst-case scenario stuff happens. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

• Thanks 1

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
5 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

It was filmed and Amazon passed. Sounds like it would have been basically a prequel series, like the Marvel comics from a few years back (which were great, btw, and plotted by Kingโ€™s research assistant, Robin Furth, who authored two volumes of The Dark Tower concordance). Mazzara talked about his pilot on an episode of The Kingcast podcast a few years back, too. Well worth a listen!

ย 

I think Flanagan is going to go the more straightforward route and adapt the 7 books, which Iโ€™m all for. Man, I am so freaking excited for this! Iโ€™m also trying not to get my hopes up too, too high in case this project falls through and all the worst-case scenario stuff happens. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

Iโ€™ll definitely have to listen to that episode. Iโ€™d read an earlier article that was clearly wrong about the mazzara pilot. ย 
ย 

flanagans adaptations so far have been fairly faithful so Iโ€™m optimistic too. ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary K said:

Iโ€™ll definitely have to listen to that episode. Iโ€™d read an earlier article that was clearly wrong about the mazzara pilot. ย 
ย 

flanagans adaptations so far have been fairly faithful so Iโ€™m optimistic too. ย 

Meant to include this link from EW in my earlier post but got too busy geeking outโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Link

ย 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am wondering what other MP peeps have in their home TV watching systems. ๐Ÿ“บย 

ย 

We just found out today that our DIRECTV/AT&T has droppedย NEWSMAXย which we enjoy and think this is โ€œwokenessโ€ on their part as this is the 2nd โ€œconservativeโ€ programming they have dropped ๐Ÿ˜ , the other beingย OARโ€ฆย but they have kept 22 โ€œliberalโ€ programming! ๐Ÿ˜กย 

ย 

We may have to find an โ€œalternativeโ€ ways of watching our programs, but it is very hard being we are in a โ€œRURALโ€ area and we might just โ€œalwaysโ€ need a satellite system or maybe we can find a system that just uses the โ€œinternetโ€ IDK ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธย 

ย 

rosemarys baby television GIFย 

Just ordered this morning out of my nostalgia forย Gilliganโ€™s Islandโฃ๏ธ:)ย ๐Ÿ™ย ๐ŸŽฌ

ย 

Tv Land Technology GIF by TV Land Classic

Rescue from Gilligan's Island Blu-ray Blu-rayย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย 

Variety Filmsย |ย 1978ย |ย 94 minย |ย Oct 26, 2022

ย 

Rescue from Gilligan's Island Blu-ray (Blu-ray)
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 

Rescue from Gilligan's Island Blu-ray

ย (TV)ย (1978)ย 

A huge tidal wave transports the seven castaways back to civilization. While they're thrilled to be back in the real world, none of the seven are able to adjust to life outside the island....least of all Gilligan, who on top of all his other problems must contend with a pair of enemy agents.
Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...