IGNORED

Hello

Hopefully I've done this in the right place

Hi everyone, I've been collecting for many years (in saying that, I am only 18😂) I started on VHS and DVD's from my local opportunity shops and it grew from there. I still have some special DVD's and tapes that I think are amazing and are of particular note but recently have delved into the world of blu-rays, 4k and their premium editions, only found out about all this a little while ago but have made many an order already. I have a top 100 movies list that is forever changing however at the top of the list and won't change I don't think, is an unusual favourite. Moulin rouge!, I have an emotional and nostalgic connection to the movie that just makes me love it so much, I'm trying to actually build a small collection for this movie alone and would love to know if anyone's heard of any special editions or collectable trinkets etc. I am aware of the blufans lenticular and steelbook however was wondering if people knew of anything more, I understand it wasn't exactly the biggest movie ever.

Many thanks for your help and I'm already loving the community

Harry

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ProngstheWhovian said:

Hopefully I've done this in the right place

Hi everyone, I've been collecting for many years (in saying that, I am only 18😂) I started on VHS and DVD's from my local opportunity shops and it grew from there. I still have some special DVD's and tapes that I think are amazing and are of particular note but recently have delved into the world of blu-rays, 4k and their premium editions, only found out about all this a little while ago but have made many an order already. I have a top 100 movies list that is forever changing however at the top of the list and won't change I don't think, is an unusual favourite. Moulin rouge!, I have an emotional and nostalgic connection to the movie that just makes me love it so much, I'm trying to actually build a small collection for this movie alone and would love to know if anyone's heard of any special editions or collectable trinkets etc. I am aware of the blufans lenticular and steelbook however was wondering if people knew of anything more, I understand it wasn't exactly the biggest movie ever.

Many thanks for your help and I'm already loving the community

Harry

Howdy @ProngstheWhovianI’m so glad you found us here at MP, Welcome my friend!😊

Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society  

:TRUCDEOUF: You are only 18 yrs. young WOW... I’ve got underwear older then you 🤣 

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

Yeah, I hear you, I’m a collector too that started w/Best Buy/Target exclusives that really got me into the Premium editions (I started way back though  & gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣). then I was fortunate to find out about this terrific forum MP from another forum I followed & MP took over my #1 place since March ‘19 hey 👋 

collector GIF

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP as I enjoy communicating with all the peeps and the Ol’ American guy lol!😄

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the BLUE as it gets our attention!). 😁

regards your new friend Veum 🤠

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Veum said:

Howdy @ProngstheWhovianI’m so glad you found us here at MP, Welcome my friend!😊

Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society  

:TRUCDEOUF: You are only 18 yrs. young WOW... I’ve got underwear older then you 🤣 

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

Yeah, I hear you, I’m a collector too that started w/Best Buy/Target exclusives that really got me into the Premium editions (I started way back though  & gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣). then I was fortunate to find out about this terrific forum MP from another forum I followed & MP took over my #1 place since March ‘19 hey 👋 

collector GIF

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP as I enjoy communicating with all the peeps and the Ol’ American guy lol!😄

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the BLUE as it gets our attention!). 😁

regards your new friend Veum 🤠

@Veum Stop buying all these Steelbooks, special editions, and change your underwear!

gross gag GIF by Anime Crimes Division
disgusted go away GIF

• Haha 5

Welcome to MP @ProngstheWhovian !   😀

So you mentioned you were looking for some distinctive covers for Moulin Rouge on Blu?

I know of a few that are quite nice but you may have them already;

note: they all include English.

Spain:

image.jpeg.98361628c0f3c9223aa58d6fe0039972.jpeg

Germany: 

image.jpeg.ec70cfdff961085baf31f17c3000c6ab.jpeg

Italy:

image.jpeg.0753af7ec350fab7594d23ff4d759357.jpeg  image.jpeg.8bbf94bfd1c8cda2844792f2b2aa0cd4.jpeg

There's also a "Metal Pak" out in the wild but cannot recall who released it, sorry...  🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome to MP @ProngstheWhovian and thank you for your nice introduction. Our members have a wide variety of tastes so there's lots of stuff to explore. I haven't heard of a premium for Moulin Rouge, but there might be one. Maybe another member might know.

We have a section called Special / Collector Groupbuys for retailers like WCL and MLIFE that focus on more niche titles. For example, UHD Club is doing Les Miserables which might interest you. Have a look! 

If you have any questions, just tag (use the @ and member name) or send a PM to one of the staff and we'll be happy to assist you.

• Like 4

Last swing at this for ya buddy @ProngstheWhovian;

Cinemuseum has both the BluFans eds for sale at their home site;

Mind, shipping right now out of Italy, is probably not assured for a while yet. I dunno.

Maybe one of our Admin that do the GBs with them can help?

https://cinemuseum.myshopify.com/search?type=product&q=moulin+

🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, ProngstheWhovian said:

Thanks for the amazing help everyone. @Grendel because I'm in Australia the best pricing I've found for me was through bluraysforeveryone but as I haven't purchased anything through them before I'm not sure about their repuatation

Hi @ProngstheWhovian try making an offer to @ksosk. He's in Singapore so shipping may not be too bad to Australia! Plus he's a member of the staff so you are assured of a smooth transaction 😁👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ProngstheWhovian said:

Thanks for the amazing help everyone. @Grendel because I'm in Australia the best pricing I've found for me was through bluraysforeveryone but as I haven't purchased anything through them before I'm not sure about their repuatation

🥤morning here @ProngstheWhovian as it looks like you are 12 hrs. Ahead of me here in the 🇺🇸 Eastern time-zone!😇

Here is a great vid from one of your fellow Aussie who I just enjoy & follow him on YouTube!😋

4 hours ago, ProngstheWhovian said:

Sorry, one more question of you all, I've put my name down for my first  two group buys (previously have just sourced elsewhere) and wanted to check how/when payments were made and confirming shipping addresses etc. Many thanks for the help again

You will get invoiced in your PayPal account (make sure your PayPal account is up to date) when your purchase is ready to ship!😉

• Like 1