IGNORED

Reintroduction of sorts - hi again!

Steelbook Indy

This is a new reintroduction.  I've not been on in years.  I was here during the older web and forum interface, and was here shortly after the recreating of accounts for the new interface.  I recognize a couple of names here and would like to become more involved.  Tell me how.  Tell me now.

My name is Henry Jr. (nah just kidding - it's Jason).  Among my favorite movies are Inception, Raiders of the Lost Ark, What We Do in the Shadows, Shawshank Redemption and The Hurt Locker - to name a few.  I am in my late 40s, have been collecting since 2005 and have over 1000 Steelbooks and imported special editions on Blu-ray.  I have over 75 Blufans (including at least one edition of every Marvel title), every Manta Lab title except Man of Steel and every Everythingblu title.  I am looking into expanding into WCL and MLIFE (I have Manchester by the Sea, Jerry Maguire and Moneyball).  Love to get some more.

I have a son and a step-son, married for almost 6 years - this time.  I love the White Sox and movies.

I hope to make some new friends.  Please stop by and say, 'hi.'  Give me a like if you like the stuff that I do or would like to make a new friend.

Thanks for taking the time to read my nonsense, and should any of it interest you, send me a message to find out more!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Steelbook Indy said:

This is a new reintroduction.  I've not been on in years.  I was here during the older web and forum interface, and was here shortly after the recreating of accounts for the new interface.  I recognize a couple of names here and would like to become more involved.  Tell me how.  Tell me now.

My name is Henry Jr. (nah just kidding - it's Jason).  Among my favorite movies are Inception, Raiders of the Lost Ark, What We Do in the Shadows, Shawshank Redemption and The Hurt Locker - to name a few.  I am in my late 40s, have been collecting since 2005 and have over 1000 Steelbooks and imported special editions on Blu-ray.  I have over 75 Blufans (including at least one edition of every Marvel title), every Manta Lab title except Man of Steel and every Everythingblu title.  I am looking into expanding into WCL and MLIFE (I have Manchester by the Sea, Jerry Maguire and Moneyball).  Love to get some more.

I have a son and a step-son, married for almost 6 years - this time.  I love the White Sox and movies.

I hope to make some new friends.  Please stop by and say, 'hi.'  Give me a like if you like the stuff that I do or would like to make a new friend.

Thanks for taking the time to read my nonsense, and should any of it interest you, send me a message to find out more!

Hey @Steelbook Indy, that is quite a journey for you with MP, can I ask why did you leave when you did?

You need to get ahold of @extantsrevenge for some awards of your BluFans & Manta, etc.!

Yeah my Tigers are a disgrace for me this year.

You have a friend in me!! :)

Hope you will enjoy your new time here now on MP (I just joined in March '19 myself)!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Veum said:

Hey @Steelbook Indy, that is quite a journey for you with MP, can I ask why did you leave when you did?

You need to get ahold of @extantsrevenge for some awards of your BluFans & Manta, etc.!

Hope you will enjoy your new time here now on MP (I just joined in March '19 myself)!!!

Thanks for the comment and question.  I was on the site mainly to buy FAC - and decided to no longer collect FAC.  I can get Everythingblu and Manta pretty easily on my own and as a VIP with Kevin, I never miss a Blufans - so I just didn’t use the site as much.  There are a few other reasons that I’d be happy to share but heading out the door to see a movie

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

tenor.gif?itemid=14771527

and thank you very much for the reintroduction 😊, we would love to have more active member on here, who post new Release topics and start some discussions about all the great stuff. Our english room also needs more people 👌

@Steelbook Indy you can find more info here UHD Club Complete List, Indiana Jones.

Also with so many Blufans and Manta Lab you should check out our Award section here.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Veum said:

I mentioned that I’d share additional thoughts.  During my previous involvement with the site, I felt everyone was friendly and helpful.  I did have difficulty navigating the site and simply found myself using Blu-ray.com more often and fell away from here.  I also found that some of the group buy threads were left open when there were no longer spots left a couple of times.  Now it seems much better managed - as I read through forums.

• Like 2

@Steelbook Indy

Hi Jason and welcome back to MP. 

I’m a fairly new member myself (since March only) but let me tell you, this forum is the best of its kind. It’s got the best GBs, the best topics, and most importantly it’s got the best people.

Feel free to join in on any discussion/debate - everyone’s welcome and like they say, the more the merrier.

There are also some cool threads including banners/signatures, quizzes/challenges & ‘wanted mugshots’ available for members looking to have some fun between GBs.

Cheers

• Like 5

On 8/23/2019 at 6:59 PM, Steelbook Indy said:

Thanks for the comment and question.  I was on the site mainly to buy FAC - and decided to no longer collect FAC.  I can get Everythingblu and Manta pretty easily on my own and as a VIP with Kevin, I never miss a Blufans - so I just didn’t use the site as much.  There are a few other reasons that I’d be happy to share but "heading out the door to see a movie"

Hey @Steelbook Indy

What movie did you go see, & did you enjoy the experience? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Hey @Steelbook Indy

What movie did you go see, & did you enjoy the experience? 

We saw Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.  It was a fun movie - much better than I anticipated.  It was clever, and TBH I prefer good horror films that are PG-13, because I feel the excessive gore detracts from a good story - so this was a nice balance.  I threw a review of it in the forums that was quick and spoiler free.

I also saw Blinded by the Light over the weekend, and it was probably the stronger of the two movies - but all in all, both were good and strong 7/10 ratings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steelbook Indy said:

We saw Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.  It was a fun movie - much better than I anticipated.  It was clever, and TBH I prefer good horror films that are PG-13, because I feel the excessive gore detracts from a good story - so this was a nice balance.  I threw a review of it in the forums that was quick and spoiler free.

I also saw Blinded by the Light over the weekend, and it was probably the stronger of the two movies - but all in all, both were good and strong 7/10 ratings.

Hey @Steelbook Indy

I’ve heard good things about Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, It was under the radar for me, but I do plan on going to see it soon. You’re right the gore does detract from a good story. I believe the best horror blinds the two. You need a good story else wise you don’t care about what’s going on with the characters. If you can’t get behind the characters it doesn’t matter how clever the gore is. 

I’ve been so busy I forgot about Blinded by the Light, I definitely have to go see that. The only thing I’ve had time for is the re-release of the Harry Potter movies. In my area each movie is being shown on the theater’s Grand Screen every Tuesday. Tomorrow they’re showing the 3rd movie. Seeing as I never saw them before & my girlfriend is a big fan We made the time for them. I’ve enjoyed the first two so far & I’m looking forward to tomorrow. 

I should be less busy this weekend so I’m going to see both movies & I’ll let you know what I thought. Horror is one of my favorite genres, & this year my most enjoyed movies have either been watching old re-release of films & drama. Everything else has been just okay.

• Like 2