IGNORED

Manta Lab Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

• ★ Administrators ★

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Release Date: TBC

NOTE Artwork and Contents subject to change by retailer

One of our Members got some interesting news from Manta Lab 😊, thanks for reportig.

image.png.61f88cc7b073ba5ba10baa1dd7cd3e7e.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Release Date: TBC

NOTE Artwork and Contents subject to change by retailer

Our Member @GroundDigger got some interesting news from Manta Lab 😊, thanks for reportig.

image.png.61f88cc7b073ba5ba10baa1dd7cd3e7e.png

Instabuy for me on both!

Fury Road is masterclass in action filmmaking. Infinitely rewatchable!

Furiosa didn't quite reach the same highs, but it's a terrific companion piece that provides excellent context and setup for the events that lead into Fury Road.

• Like 12

Awards

3 hours ago, pawno said:

Instabuy for me on both!

Furiosa didn't quite reach the same highs, but it's a terrific companion piece that provides excellent context and setup for the events that lead into Fury Road.

It's sad that Furiosa hasn't done well in theaters as it's a great flick. The mistake they made is coming out with this 9 years after Fury Road, especially when you consider George Miller had this written at the same time. I've read he was going to make Furiosa a anime companion to FR. 

Edited by ncraft
  • Like 11

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, pawno said:

Instabuy for me on both!

Absolutely agree with you on this. What a wild and awesome ride.

2 minutes ago, ncraft said:

It's sad that Furiosa hasn't done well in theaters as it's a great flick. The mistake they made is coming out with this 9 years after Fury Road, especially when you consider George Miller had this written at the same time. I've read he was going to make Furiosa a anime companion to FR. 

Yeah, I was also sad to see that it did not perfom so well. I really think cinema is dying, as even the great summer blockbuster do no longer perform. The waiting time surely did not help, especially sind this was a prequel to Fury Road and did not feature Max. I also suspect that some people are getting tired of the fact that so many movies now have female leads, I don't mind that, as long as it is done right and I think in Furiosa it worked well, especially since they had Anya Taylor-Joy 😍.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Yeah, I was also sad to see that it did not perfom so well. I really think cinema is dying, as even the great summer blockbuster do no longer perform. The waiting time surely did not help, especially sind this was a prequel to Fury Road and did not feature Max. I also suspect that some people are getting tired of the fact that so many movies now have female leads, I don't mind that, as long as it is done right and I think in Furiosa it worked well, especially since they had Anya Taylor-Joy 😍.

I think the whole girl boss, infallible female lead thing may have been a factor in it's performance, as people assumed that's what it was. I can understand people getting tired of that, but as you said, Furiosa did it the right way. Anya Taylor-Joy was excellent in it, as usual. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

It looks like the new Bad Boys is doing really well, though.  People just weren’t into this, unfortunately.  I think it was mostly word of mouth that it wasn’t even attempting to be, or to top, Fury Road.  I think the reviews made it sound like something you didn’t necessarily need to see on a big screen.  Which was a big draw for Fury Road: it HAD to be seen on the biggest screen possible.

I think Furiosa justifies the big screen, but I think word of mouth/reviews made it seem as if that wasn’t the case.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Furiosa definitely deserved to do much better at the box office, but you're right mate, it should have come out at least 5-years ago. It was always going to be a tougher sell without it being a Max led/driven story, but in today's climate where people can only be coaxed out of their homes for the assured crowd-pleasing blockbusters, the film was never going to put bums on seats, given it also features a relatively unknown actress in the lead role. It would have possibly done better at the box office with Charlize in the lead, but we'll never know now. (not taking anything away from Anya though, she was absolutely fantastic and completely owned it). 

• Like 2

Awards

11 hours ago, ncraft said:

As much as I love the flick and will be revisiting it multiple times, I do actually feel Furiosa's story would have been better told in a TV or limited series format.

Without delving too deep into spoiler territory, the way the story spans multiple decades, it takes many shortcuts and jumps in time to squeeze this epic tale into a 2.5 hour flick. Spending more time learning about life in the tranquillity of the green place, juxtaposed against the cruelty and harshness of life on the road with Dementus, could have made the last act all that more impactful.

Of course, this would have probably come at the expense of the vehicular carnage that was budgeted for with a theatrical experience (which is glorious btw), but I really do think this could have been one of the greatest stories every told if it were given this kind of treatment.

• Like 4

Awards