IGNORED

Godzilla Minus One (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

25 minutes ago, tigrou82 said:

Hi Psychos ! 😁

Do you think there will be other versions of MINUS ONE ?

Like BLUFANS, HDZETA and others...

Or does JAPAN reserve the rights ? 🤔

Godzilla Deal With It GIF

Thanks ! 🤘

There's the manta lab Godzilla offering which there was a group buy for on here. Did you miss out or were aware of that one?

• Like 1

il y a 12 minutes, LeadFarmer a dit :

There's the manta lab Godzilla offering which there was a group buy for on here. Did you miss out or were aware of that one?

il y a 2 minutes, MikeH5856 a dit :

The Manta Lab Godzilla was for the 2014 US edition from WB/Legendary Pictures, not Minus One (unless I missed that one too...in which case...🤦‍♂️)

That's right Psychos !

I don't see MINUS ONE anywhere except AMAZON JAPAN...

disappointed season 3 GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Fingers crossed we get a (legit) premium announcement and news on a US disc release soon.

Be aware, too, that this Japanese release does not have English subtitles. But damn, it sure is pretty! 

That is correct, the only subtitles this has is barrier free Japanese. Very disappointing that there's no English subs. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ncraft said:

That is correct, the only subtitles this has is barrier free Japanese. Very disappointing that there's no English subs. 

Apparently it's pretty standard for Toho's Japanese releases to not have English tracks or subs; it sounds like their Shin Godzilla release was the same. Hopefully whoever has US disc rights does us right with their release, because I'm doubting it'll be as fancy looking as this one. I challenge them to prove me wrong though! 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, deckard99 said:

I ordered this anyway, even though there's no English subtitles. I just love the look of this edition. I'll just supplement it with a USA disc when one becomes available. 

Not even sure words are necessary, just watching Godzilla smashing stuff is good enough for me! 

I’m thinking this way also, but 🧐 

Leonardo Dicaprio Kinda GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
10 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

How is amazon jp when it comes to shipping? I see so many horror stories about amazon shipping in general I'm just a little concerned. 

9 hours ago, ncraft said:

@LeadFarmerIn my experience Amazon Japan has been much better than our domestic Amazon. I've never received anything damaged from them, and that's with probably 10-15 shipments over the years. They always used boxes. 

I'll second that. I've never received a damaged item from Amazon JP. The shipping can be expensive at times but they always use a box and items are secured inside (not loose). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I'll second that. I've never received a damaged item from Amazon JP. The shipping can be expensive at times but they always use a box and items are secured inside (not loose). 

11 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Same here. Never had an issue. 

Thanks for the feedback guys I really do appreciate that it puts my concerns at ease. I'm thinking the same as you @deckard99 of getting it on strength alone of it being a gorgeous set and putting the region A disc inside when they come out.

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
7 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Thanks for the feedback guys I really do appreciate that it puts my concerns at ease. I'm thinking the same as you @deckard99 of getting it on strength alone of it being a gorgeous set and putting the region A disc inside when they come out.

I ordered it too (though before I even knew the lack of English subs).   

• Like 4

I'm really tempted to order it myself and swap out the discs with whatever we get here in the US. I'm kind of confused by the images Amazon has up though... are we getting the 4-disc digipack in addition to the steelbook, which must be the top sample? So the bottom sample is Visual Sheet? 

UPDATE

EHHHH... I guess the above is a moot point now. I just ordered the deluxe set with the steelbook anyway. I see the description notes that it does come with the digipack, so I guess that means we get both cases unless it's just a lazy cut and paste job from the other edition. I reckon the only way to know for sure it see what arrives on my doorstep in May! 🤣

Rubbing Hands Disagree GIF

Edited by MikeH5856
  • Like 6