IGNORED

The Departed (4K UHD Steelbook) [USA]

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to The Departed (4K UHD Steelbook) [USA]
10 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

I was pleasantly surprised when I found out this film was based on one of my favorite Hong Kong flicks Infernal Affairs. Highly recommended if you have not see it yet. Criterion has a nice set for it that be had for a relatively decent price. 

Criterion's 50% flash sale should be coming up soon, too, I think.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The film is a masterpiece, obviously, but I'm not sure about going for the full 4K upgrade unless there was some sort of premium release. It is Warner Bros., but they've never done premium with "The Departed". I'll keep on the lookout.

This steelbook is still really cool. I particularly like the back cover art giving the middle finger to Kevin Smith.

• Like 3

Awards

20 minutes ago, camwjohn95 said:

The film is a masterpiece, obviously, but I'm not sure about going for the full 4K upgrade unless there was some sort of premium release. It is Warner Bros., but they've never done premium with "The Departed". I'll keep on the lookout.

This steelbook is still really cool. I particularly like the back cover art giving the middle finger to Kevin Smith.

I'm excited for the 4K upgrade, but yeah I'm going to hold out hope for a premium release too

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

I'm excited for the 4K upgrade, but yeah I'm going to hold out hope for a premium release too

Never been a premium release?  I'm kind of surprised honestly. I'm getting in on this because I don't have a physical copy so no worries of double dipping.......for now.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, camwjohn95 said:

How is that a middle finger to Kevin Smith?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

How is that a middle finger to Kevin Smith?

Because he was notoriously butthurt about the rat at the end of "The Departed" and worked that into a whole monologue at the climax of "Clerks III". Come on, man, it's a movie forum. You're not supposed to ask about people's obscure references.

• Haha 4

Awards

I didn’t get the Kevin Smith thing, either, since I haven’t watched Clerks 3 yet. That said, I’d love to see DOGMA finally be able to get its due with a stacked 4K release. I’d love to see what Arrow or Vinegar Syndrome could do with this film. It’s a damn shame it’s stuck languishing in Weinstein’s vault. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, camwjohn95 said:

Because he was notoriously butthurt about the rat at the end of "The Departed" and worked that into a whole monologue at the climax of "Clerks III". Come on, man, it's a movie forum. You're not supposed to ask about people's obscure references.

That’s what I get for not having seen Clerks 3.  Was pretty smart, naming the movie after the number of people who were going to see it.

(Kidding, I mostly like Smith, second Mike in wishing for a Dogma release)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...