• ★ Administrators ★

Additional info:

• 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray Set
  • 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
  • Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
  • Presented with it's original 2.0 stereo theatrical mix
  • Brand new audio commentary with film critic Patrick Bromley
  • Audio commentary with director Tobe Hooper
  • Audio commentary with actors Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams and special effects makeup creator Tom Savini
  • Audio commentary with director of photography Richard Kooris, production designer Cary White, script supervisor Laura Kooris and property master Michael Sullivan
  • "The Saw and Savini" - a brand new 2022 interview with special effects makeup creator Tom Savini
  • "Stretch Lives!" - a brand new 2022 interview with actress Caroline Williams
  • "Serving Tom" - a brand new 2022 interview with special makeup effects artist Gabe Bartalos
  • "Remember The Alamo" - a brand new 2022 interview with actor Kirk Sisco
  • "Texas Blood Bath" - a brand new 2022 interview with special makeup effects artist Barton Mixon
  • "Die Yuppie Scum" - a brand new 2022 interview with actor Barry Kinyon
  • "Leatherface Revisited" - a brand new 2022 interview with actor Bill Johnson
  • "Beneath The Battle Land: Remembering The Lair" - a brand new 2022 featurette with actors Caroline Williams, Barry Kinyon, Bill Johnson, and Kirk Sisco
  • Never-before-seen extended interviews with director Tobe Hooper and co-producer Cynthia Hargrave - from director Mark Hartley's documentary "Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films"
  • "It Runs In The Family" - an 85 minute documentary on the making of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
  • "IRITF Outtakes" - extended interviews with L.M. Kit Carson and Lou Perryman
  • "House Of Pain" - an interview with makeup effects artists John Vulich, Bart Mixon, Gabe Bartalos and Gino Crognale
  • "Yuppie Meat" - an interview with actors Chris Douridas and Barry Kinyon
  • "Cutting Moments" - an interview with editor Alain Jakubowicz
  • "Behind The Mask" - an interview with stunt man and Leatherface performer Bob Elmore
  • "Horror's Hallowed Grounds" - a featurette on the locations of the film
  • "Still Feelin' The Buzz" - an interview with author and film historian Stephen Thrower
  • 43 minute behind-the-scenes video footage shot during the film's production
  • Alternate Opening
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Original theatrical trailers for U.S. and Japan
  • TV Spots
  • Extensive promotional still and image gallery
  • Reversible cover artwork
  • English SDH subtitles
  • Like 2

Thanks very much for Posting @Gary K🤩

It's been a few weeks since I've dropped by the VS web-site and I'm quite pleased to see some of the new titles coming forward.

Now, no one I think would go so far as to call TCM 2 a bona fide "Classic" but Dennis Hopper ALWAYS brings just the right amount of crazy to every film he's in (or Makes).

So, yeah, I'll be picking this quirky little jewel up, to be sure, heh.

Other titles they've announced that pique my interest include;

- Werewolf vs Vampire Woman: (another cute little episode in Paul Naschy's "Waldemar Daninsky" Werewolf Saga)

- Moon of the Wolf: (A lesser known 70's critter flik with the always stoic David Janssen as lead with Bradford Dillman and Barbara Rush in tow)

- Incredible Melting Man: (Bill Sach's loving tribute to 50's sci-fi radiation scare fliks)

- The Amityville Horror: (no shortage of releases for this title and the avalanche of sequels but there looks to be some quite interesting supplements to this one), and

- a few others that I'll need to toss a coin over, heh.

Cheers!

😊

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Hi @RAK😀

Indeed, some of the releases brought forward by VS (and Severin, Ronin Flix, et al) are geared to promote the lesser known and obscure titles that many large production houses either won't invest in due to limited value of return or can't be bothered to track down the rights to.

For that reason, I like to cruise their sites to discover just what little gems they unearth.

Often, they're B-Production slasher/ sleaze fests but every once in a while they also gain the rights to titles that though far from mainstream, do carry the notoriety of being enigmatic reps of 'Cult Classic' status, that film aficionados (like those of us here at MP) seek out.

For example, the Paul Naschy films.

Naschy was a hard-core admirer of the Universal and Hammer old school Horror films and it was his life dream to make such films with his own Iberian take on the genre.

Not all his films were acclaimed successes to be sure, but many of them display his true care and love for the subject material and he has a very strong Cult following, of which I admirably consider myself part of.

I do appreciate when Vin Syn (and the other Houses mentioned) go the extra mile and produce evocative slip-covers and/or collector worthy slip-cases as well.

Yes, it pumps the price a tad but for titles we treat as old friends newly re-met, the price can usually be overlooked on occasion. 😉

I think you'll find some of their offerings (and again, Sev's and RF's) at least worth a drive-by.

They also provide wonderful synopsis for their titles, which few mainstream producers do.

Cheers my Buddy. 😊

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @RAK😀

Indeed, some of the releases brought forward by VS (and Severin, Ronin Flix, et al) are geared to promote the lesser known and obscure titles that many large production houses either won't invest in due to limited value of return or can't be bothered to track down the rights to.

For that reason, I like to cruise their sites to discover just what little gems they unearth.

Often, they're B-Production slasher/ sleaze fests but every once in a while they also gain the rights to titles that though far from mainstream, do carry the notoriety of being enigmatic reps of 'Cult Classic' status, that film aficionados (like those of us here at MP) seek out.

For example, the Paul Naschy films.

Naschy was a hard-core admirer of the Universal and Hammer old school Horror films and it was his life dream to make such films with his own Iberian take on the genre.

Not all his films were acclaimed successes to be sure, but many of them display his true care and love for the subject material and he has a very strong Cult following, of which I admirably consider myself part of.

I do appreciate when Vin Syn (and the other Houses mentioned) go the extra mile and produce evocative slip-covers and/or collector worthy slip-cases as well.

Yes, it pumps the price a tad but for titles we treat as old friends newly re-met, the price can usually be overlooked on occasion. 😉

I think you'll find some of their offerings (and again, Sev's and RF's) at least worth a drive-by.

They also provide wonderful synopsis for their titles, which few mainstream producers do.

Cheers my Buddy. 😊

Well said and I couldn’t agree more which is why I’m I’ve been a VS subscriber the past two years and pick up most of the Severin releases as well.  Plus it reminds me of the video store titled I’d see back in the 80s.  

I’d also add Mondo Macabro, Synapse and now Cauldron to that list of smaller boutique labels doing great work with lesser known “B” titles.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Well said and I couldn’t agree more which is why I’m I’ve been a VS subscriber the past two years and pick up most of the Severin releases as well.  Plus it reminds me of the video store titled I’d see back in the 80s.  

I’d also add Mondo Macabro, Synapse and now Cauldron to that list of smaller boutique labels doing great work with lesser known “B” titles.   

Don’t own any VS, never seen anything that has caught my attention til now. It’s hard enough keeping up with SF, Arrow, or Second Sight. Not to mention all the other regular releases.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, RAK said:

Don’t own any VS, never seen anything that has caught my attention til now. It’s hard enough keeping up with SF, Arrow, or Second Sight. Not to mention all the other regular releases.

I get it - VS really has much lesser known releases, but I’m a sucker for that stuff.  I’ll admit that this year (since my son was born) it’s been harder to keep up with them amidst everything else, but there are unpolished gems there for sure.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grendel said:

Thanks very much for Posting @Gary K🤩

It's been a few weeks since I've dropped by the VS web-site and I'm quite pleased to see some of the new titles coming forward.

Now, no one I think would go so far as to call TCM 2 a bona fide "Classic" but Dennis Hopper ALWAYS brings just the right amount of crazy to every film he's in (or Makes).

So, yeah, I'll be picking this quirky little jewel up, to be sure, heh.

Other titles they've announced that pique my interest include;

- Werewolf vs Vampire Woman: (another cute little episode in Paul Naschy's "Waldemar Daninsky" Werewolf Saga)

- Moon of the Wolf: (A lesser known 70's critter flik with the always stoic David Janssen as lead with Bradford Dillman and Barbara Rush in tow)

- Incredible Melting Man: (Bill Sach's loving tribute to 50's sci-fi radiation scare fliks)

- The Amityville Horror: (no shortage of releases for this title and the avalanche of sequels but there looks to be some quite interesting supplements to this one), and

- a few others that I'll need to toss a coin over, heh.

Cheers!

😊

Check out righting wrongs. That's a excellent Hong kong action title from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

Good Evening @Gary K;

Good call on the other Boutique Houses mentioned my friend.

The other side of the pond has a few distinct Labels that bear watching as well, of course, @RAK has mentioned a couple but I'll add;

- 88 Films: (especially for Asian films, similar to Well Go in USA but much better packaging, + also Horror titles)

- Screenbound

- British Film Institute (BFI)

- Fractured Visions

- Both Anolis + Koch [Germany] (excellent MediaBooks)

- Wicked Visions [Germany) (again, excellent Media Books)

- and a few others

Some of these I've discovered via Zavvi but I've since plugged in to some of their Home sites as well.

The problem of course, is more offers than the purse can often support, heh. Ah well, slowly but surely, our libraries continue to grow.  🥰

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel,

oh yes, I’m a big fan of 88 Films Fractured Visions - particularly their politziotechi/Eurocrime titles. BFI has put out some amazing titles - the recent 4K edition of Get Carter is outstanding!  I have a bunch of Koch and Wicked Visions as well.   I also am a fan of 101 (love the black label series).

A couple more stateside boutiques to keep an eye on are Blue Underground (terrific horror titles, many of which now in 4K including some classic Lucio Fulci titles) and Code Red and, of course, Kino Lorber.

Edited by Gary K
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again @Gary K😀

I'm thankfully familiar with the Labels you mention and I'm very happy that you have listed them here for our like-minded Psychos to discover (or re-discover, heh).

Should any specific titles arise as new releases from these Houses, please keep us informed of your discoveries my friend!

Cheers.

😉

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Grendel said:

Thanks again @Gary K😀

I'm thankfully familiar with the Labels you mention and I'm very happy that you have listed them here for our like-minded Psychos to discover (or re-discover, heh).

Should any specific titles arise as new releases from these Houses, please keep us informed of your discoveries my friend!

Cheers.

😉

Absolutely will do so my friend!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @Gary K;

Good call on the other Boutique Houses mentioned my friend.

The other side of the pond has a few distinct Labels that bear watching as well, of course, @RAK has mentioned a couple but I'll add;

- 88 Films: (especially for Asian films, similar to Well Go in USA but much better packaging, + also Horror titles)

- Screenbound

- British Film Institute (BFI)

- Fractured Visions

- Both Anolis + Koch [Germany] (excellent MediaBooks)

- Wicked Visions [Germany) (again, excellent Media Books)

- and a few others

Some of these I've discovered via Zavvi but I've since plugged in to some of their Home sites as well.

The problem of course, is more offers than the purse can often support, heh. Ah well, slowly but surely, our libraries continue to grow.  🥰

I forgot about Koch, but they were bought out buy Plaion Pictures. 

https://shop.plaionpictures.com/index.php?page=search&desc=on&sdesc=on&keywords=Steelbook+&next_page=3

Also there is Turbine in Germany.

• Like 1