IGNORED

Dr Strangelove - Criterion Collection 4K Blu-Ray Full Slip [UK]

nefilim

Release Date : Live

Price : € 29.95

Purchase Link : Cdon.fi

Notes :

DR. STRANGELOVE IS A BRILLIANT BIT OF CELLULOID GENIUS AND A TRUE CLASSIC in every sense of the word. Nominated for four Academy Awards including Best Picture (1964), Stanley Kubrick’s black comedy about a group of paranoia-inspired, war-happy generals who manage to initiate an accidental nuclear apocalypse, is horribly frightening, delightfully funny and surprisingly relevant to this day. This is the saga of two psychotic generals: Joint Chief of Staff Buck Turgidson (George C. Scott) and Air Force Strategic Commander Jack Ripper (Sterling Hayden), who orders a bomber squadron to attack the USSR, triggering a Soviet secret weapon, the Doomsday Machine, a diabolical retaliatory missile system. Peter Sellers portrays a trio of men who attempt to avert this catastrophe: British Captain Lionel Mandrake, the only person with access to paranoid Gen. Ripper; U.S. President Muffley, whose best attempt at diverting this disaster depends on convincing a boozed-up Soviet Premier.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
  • Restored 4K digital transfer, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
  • Alternate 5.1 surround soundtrack
  • New interviews with Stanley Kubrick scholars Mick Broderick and Rodney Hill; archivist Richard Daniels; cinematographer and camera innovator Joe Dunton; camera operator Kelvin Pike; and David George, son of Peter George, on whose novel Red Alert the film is based
  • Excerpts from a 1965 audio interview with Kubrick, conducted by Jeremy Bernstein
  • Four short documentaries from 2000, about the making of the film, the socio-political climate of the period, the work of actor Peter Sellers, and the artistry of Kubrick
  • Interviews from 1963 with Sellers and actor George C. Scott
  • Excerpt from a 1980 interview with Sellers from NBC’s Today show
  • Trailer
  • PLUS: An essay by scholar David Bromwich and a 1962 article by screenwriter Terry Southern on the making of the film

1111.thumb.jpg.e4fc16fd88e50bd435b67d0e73c8aa53.jpg

6 minutes ago, nefilim said:

@45Caliber @ukade2327 I had forgotten that there are nowadays British region B CC releases too. Not very many but few, and some very interesting. Gonna post here what I'm gonna buy, as somekind of wish list.

This one is a must. Classic Kubrick !

Yeah. Still want to get the US one. Little bummed I missed the digibook before it went OOP. Was really nice.

13 minutes ago, nefilim said:

@45Caliber @ukade2327 I had forgotten that there are nowadays British region B CC releases too. Not very many but few, and some very interesting. Gonna post here what I'm gonna buy, as somekind of wish list.

This one is a must. Classic Kubrick !

Don't know if you know but Zavvi are having a half price sale on CC Blurays ATM....

Just now, 45Caliber said:

Yup. I need a wishlist tracker & a Group Buy tracker & a preorder tracker (besides the Notes app on my phone) because my memory is s**t.

I use Excel.

I list EVERYTHING. What comes to shopping blus. (and everything else I buy online)

It calculates everything in everyway you want.

How much you buy. Sell. Trade. what ever. From where, whom, etc. Links can be added and so on and on ...

Been keeping for over couple of decades. I really do know what has been going on with my blu's. LOL.

There must be a word for people like me. Not sure I want to know it.

?

?

?

@nefilim I used to always keep things in spreadsheets & I started using Google sheets so I could access them anywhere, but then Google changes the formulas & everything breaks and I get lazy updating. I really do need to start something for steels though, because keeping track is getting hard.

Edit: Also, I need it to be self-updating and send me alerts. Maybe I'll try writing it myself in PHP & MySQL.

4 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@nefilim I used to always keep things in spreadsheets & I started using Google sheets so I could access them anywhere, but then Google changes the formulas & everything breaks and I get lazy updating. I really do need to start something for steels though, because keeping track is getting hard.

Edit: Also, I need it to be self-updating and send me alerts. Maybe I'll try writing it myself in PHP & MySQL.

It seems you want something a bit complicated. spreadsheeds do it for me. And you can even set alarms if you want to. For them I usually use calendar(s). I do not like keeping stuff online/cloud. Pc and backups do it for me.

14 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Yes from Excel.

...should have known you are those people. MAC people. I'm sure you love Apple too.

59a95810dc941_d29734c8123948ee8b9ff13322a7e262-Copy.gif.fbc750594c14b133b03e57075d97bdf1.gif

Of course I am. Macs are highly configurable with their UNIX underpinnings and as @atomicblonde will confirm, once you go Mac…

Everything else came much later, but the ecosystem is richly intertwined. I couldn't do Android because it would be like playing guitar righty when I'm a lefty.

5 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Of course I am. Macs are highly configurable with their UNIX underpinnings and as @atomicblonde will confirm, once you go Mac…

Everything else came much later, but the ecosystem is richly intertwined. I couldn't do Android because it would be like playing guitar righty when I'm a lefty.

Hey. That was humour...

I'm ok with Mac and Apple. Just not my things.

I'm into Ubuntu. But have to keep Win also for missus and have nice deals because shes' is in uni.

I use couple mobile phones. Non smart Nokia (ultimate safety lol) and Androind.

5 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Hey. That was humour...

I'm ok with Mac and Apple. Just not my things.

I'm into Ubuntu. But have to keep Win also for missus and have nice deals because shes' is in uni.

I use couple mobile phones. Non smart Nokia (ultimate safety lol) and Androind.

I should get burners and not-so-subtly discard them like they do in the movies so people will think I'm a spy.

9 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

I should get burners and not-so-subtly discard them like they do in the movies so people will think I'm a spy.

I know that phrase thanks to movies. lol. I learned pretty much of my basic English from movies. School helped a bit.

Btw. how come certain phones are called burners ? .... I just know that they are disposable mobile phones.

2 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Because the numbers are disposable as well as the phones, making them pretty untraceable if you pay cash and/or activate with a cash card.

You're English is excellent, btw. I only wish I could speak another language as well besides ordering off a menu or asking where's the toilet  (perhaps in succession).

Thanks!

Always liked to study languages. And hated math. I mean HATED.

?

@nefilim

I was always pretty good with numbers, which serves me well now except where personal finances are concerned!

In the US, they teach English like France does French, as if it's the only language that matters. Spanish is making in-roads, though; when they say "bilingual" here, they pretty much mean English & Spanish. I've always wanted to learn French though, because I love so many French films. It's just hard when you have no one to speak it with.

Sorry for completely derailing this thread, btw. "Derail" should be my handle.

13 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@nefilim

I was always pretty good with numbers, which serves me well now except where personal finances are concerned!

In the US, they teach English like France does French, as if it's the only language that matters. Spanish is making in-roads, though; when they say "bilingual" here, they pretty much mean English & Spanish. I've always wanted to learn French though, because I love so many French films. It's just hard when you have no one to speak it with.

Sorry for completely derailing this thread, btw. "Derail" should be my handle.

Finland is bilingual country. So Finnish and Swedish and 3rd language are mandatroy. Mine was English. And I took German for voluntary. Glad that I took as I worked quite a bit with Germans later in life.

Derailing is ok. The point is to have fun and to chat. And what better place to chat about languages than CC thread.

2 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Finland is bilingual country. So Finnish and Swedish and 3rd language are mandatroy. Mine was English. And I took German for voluntary. Glad that I took as I worked quite a bit with Germans later in life.

Derailing is ok. The point is to have fun and to chat. And what better place to chat about languages than CC thread.

I took German as elective. Don't remember any but crude phrases.

re: as long as you don't mind & it's your thread -Captain Hijack

Archived