Open Club  ·  67 members  ·  Free

"Shaken, Not Stirred"
IGNORED

Best and worst actor to play James Bond

Boilersteel

Best 

Dolton  he had to work with Moors cringe worthy scrips I feel he did a great job.

Connery next best obviously. 

The rest I watch for the bad guys as they where far better than the opposing Bonds.

Now two who I think would have been a FANTASTIC Bond

Oliver Reed only Broccoli didn't  want such a live wire to damage the Bond image.

👆 Anyone want proof watch The Assassination Bureau  1968 Dianna Rigg and Tele Savalas

Scared Short Film GIF by Red Giant

Sean Bean Goldeneye he out classed Brosnan by miles 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Best 

Dolton  he had to work with Moors cringe worthy scrips I feel he did a great job.

Connery next best obviously. 

The rest I watch for the bad guys as they where far better than the opposing Bonds.

Now two who I think would have been a FANTASTIC Bond

Oliver Reed only Broccoli didn't  want such a live wire to damage the Bond image.

👆 Anyone want proof watch The Assassination Bureau  1968 Dianna Rigg and Tele Savalas

Scared Short Film GIF by Red Giant

Sean Bean Goldeneye he out classed Brosnan by miles 

Funny thing is The Assassination Bureau was on tv yesterday and I’ve been wanting to watch it for quite some time.

Hardly a masterpiece but Reed, Rigg and Savalas are always worth a watch.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

For me Sean Connery was just amazing and will always be the best Bond.  The first 5 movies were just gold. Daniel Craig will come in second, Pierce third, Dalton fourth, Moore fifth, and poor George Lazenby sixth, probably just because he only was in the one movie.

Spot on regarding the first five being classics. Admittedly YOLT can be a little silly and Connery does seem less engaged, but it’s a gorgeous looking movie with one of Barry’s best soundtracks, period.

OHMSS for me is part of the triumvirate of perfect Bond films, along with FRWL and Goldfinger. Contrary to general opinion, I believe that Lazenby deserves tons of credit for making that movie such a classic.

He had the looks, the brute strength and most importantly, the required gravitas for the more emotional scenes. 
Every time I watch that ending scene, I am thoroughly impressed by his subtle and understated performance.

Brosnan is by far the worst Bond. Granted, it didn’t help that he was mostly served rubbish material but it’s his annoyingly smug Bond that really rubs me the wrong way.
I do like him in other roles, though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Brosnan is by far the worst Bond. Granted, it didn’t help that he was mostly served rubbish material but it’s his annoyingly smug Bond that really rubs me the wrong way.

If John McTiernan was in charge of directing a Bond movie, he would've worked wonders with Brosnan.

Just watch him in "The Thomas Crown Affair".

Has almost all the ingredients for a great Bond movie...without really being a Bond movie.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Spot on regarding the first five being classics. Admittedly YOLT can be a little silly and Connery does seem less engaged, but it’s a gorgeous looking movie with one of Barry’s best soundtracks, period.

OHMSS for me is part of the triumvirate of perfect Bond films, along with FRWL and Goldfinger. Contrary to general opinion, I believe that Lazenby deserves tons of credit for making that movie such a classic.

He had the looks, the brute strength and most importantly, the required gravitas for the more emotional scenes. 
Every time I watch that ending scene, I am thoroughly impressed by his subtle and understated performance.

You Only Live Twice did give us the Austin Powers franchise, so I give it props for that.  Nothing like the book, but the film was crazy over the top.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

If John McTiernan was in charge of directing a Bond movie, he would've worked wonders with Brosnan.

Just watch him in "The Thomas Crown Affair".

Has almost all the ingredients for a great Bond movie...without really being a Bond movie.

Pierce is not a bad actor; however, he also sings, and it is not pleasant for the ears if you ever saw that other movie (not meaning Thomas Crown Affair).  🤣

• Haha 2

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy