IGNORED

Media Psychos Mediabook/Digibook Award

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Veum:

@extantsrevenge Nils, I’m still not understanding the criteria for this award as I have many editions that have a booklet next to them do these qualify? 🧐 

Digibooks: A Digibook usually has a hard book like cover with a spine. Anything that contains pages bounded inside can be classed as a digibook. Digibooks have normal Blu-ray size.

Mediabooks: simply the same as Digibooks but: Mediabook size is DVD size.

Digipaks: A Digipack may have a book style packaging but does not contain any bound pages. It can be difficult to determine certain releases as some digipacks do come with pages/ booklets. As a general rule if the book isn't bound or attached to the cover then it is classed as a digipack.

Think that explains it good enough. ;)

So for this award we - in my opinion - search for Mediabooks AND Digibooks. 😇

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is no binding Definition for Digi- or Mediabooks, some are named Collectors Book. If somebody knows it exactly please tell me. Mediabook is a german Language Term i guess, Digibook is more international but this Packaging is mainly a phenomenon in the german speaking World.

Mediabooks are often larger than Digibooks, but not inevitably:

20220719_171052_copy_800x600.jpg.f451c8facd5cafb836c73090628f80cf.jpg

Manta Digibooks left, Koch Mediabooks right. The Booklet is an intergral Part of the Packaging, i think this should be the requirement for the Award. Digipaks are different, a foldable Cardboard Packaging. They should get their own Award i would say.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, raylight said:

Digibooks: A Digibook usually has a hard book like cover with a spine. Anything that contains pages bounded inside can be classed as a digibook. Digibooks have normal Blu-ray size.

Mediabooks: simply the same as Digibooks but: Mediabook size is DVD size.

Digipaks: A Digipack may have a book style packaging but does not contain any bound pages. It can be difficult to determine certain releases as some digipacks do come with pages/ booklets. As a general rule if the book isn't bound or attached to the cover then it is classed as a digipack.

Think that explains it good enough. ;)

So for this award we - in my opinion - search for Mediabooks AND Digibooks. 😇

@raylight Daniel for example my Second Sight The Babadook what would you consider it, it has a very nice booklet with many written pages/pics in it? 🤔 

image.jpeg.52d5e391f7c75e6ecfc7342e725fad14.jpeg

I’m afraid I’ll never qualify with that just “Mediabooks: simply the same as Digibooks but: Mediabook size is DVD size” 

It would be nice to include ALL the above in one BIG award… what say you? 🤔 

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

200.gif

@pluto57

Trailer Ok GIF

@raylight

German Top GIF by benniesolo

@hal56

giphy.gif

Wow @Mithrandir2320 that is a lot.

Congratulations to you all.

award_received_mediabook_collector_IgnitingLogo_blue.gif.660994293c9a70196a9180db22c3d126.gif

Thanks everyone for the feedback, we will add Digibook to the award, since it is the same kind of package. So all the releases that have bound inside booklet in the package are okay to use. Digipacks can get their own award later.

@Veum

tj-jackson-searching.gif

you can do it, I'm sure you will find some Mediabooks & Digibooks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Veum:

@raylight Daniel for example my Second Sight The Babadook what would you consider it, it has a very nice booklet with many written pages/pics in it? 🤔 

image.jpeg.52d5e391f7c75e6ecfc7342e725fad14.jpeg

I’m afraid I’ll never qualify with that just “Mediabooks: simply the same as Digibooks but: Mediabook size is DVD size” 

It would be nice to include ALL the above in one BIG award… what say you? 🤔 

I'm sorry but for me THIS is wheter a MEdiabokk or a Digibook or a Digipak.

This is a special collectors edition with somehow a Fullslip outside containing disks and extras. I dont think that this is what the award is intended for. Perhaps there will be another award for "special/collectors editions". But then the next question will be: "where's the difference to a steelbook fullslip release containing all these extras to a "normal" collectors edition...?"

In the end it will be complicated...as often... 😆

Edited by raylight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think these editions with there beautiful booklets are a much better look/collection/value/investment for whatever film I have with them for me then just the mediabooks… mind you this is just Veum’s humble opinion! :)

So far I’ve only found these mediabooks I have from CM:

The Monster Squad

MASK

Johnny Mnemonic (2)

So this has sure taken the fun out for me! 😔 

• Like 2

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Mediabook/Digibook Award
18 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

200.gif

@pluto57

Trailer Ok GIF

@raylight

German Top GIF by benniesolo

@hal56

giphy.gif

Wow @Mithrandir2320 that is a lot.

Congratulations to you all.

award_received_mediabook_collector_IgnitingLogo_blue.gif.660994293c9a70196a9180db22c3d126.gif

Thanks everyone for the feedback, we will add Digibook to the award, since it is the same kind of package. So all the releases that have bound inside booklet in the package are okay to use. Digipacks can get their own award later.

@Veum

tj-jackson-searching.gif

you can do it, I'm sure you will find some Mediabooks & Digibooks.

14 minutes ago, raylight said:

I'm sorry but for me THIS is wheter a MEdiabokk or a Digibook or a Digipak.

This is a special collectors edition with somehow a Fullslip outside containing disks and extras. I dont think that this is what the award is intended for. Perhaps there will be another award for "special/collectors editions". But then the next question will be: "where's the difference to a steelbook fullslip release containing all these extras to a "normal" collectors edition...?"

In the end it will be complicated...as often... 😆

You guys have gotten to complicated for me as I still do not know the difference between what you are calling a digibook & a digipak & what Daniel calls "special/collectors editions" (I guess I have more of these then what needs to be here) I guess I’m out of this award but I hope a lot of you Psychs can find your Mediabooks & have fun with it. :)

*Can someone in the know show me some of the examples between a digibook & a digipak with pics of films, thank you!?* 🧐 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

vor 54 Minuten schrieb Veum:

You guys have gotten to complicated for me as I still do not know the difference between what you are calling a digibook & a digipak & what Daniel calls "special/collectors editions" (I guess I have more of these then what needs to be here) I guess I’m out of this award but I hope a lot of you Psychs can find your Mediabooks & have fun with it. :)

*Can someone in the know show me some of the examples between a digibook & a digipak with pics of films, thank you!?* 🧐 

Examples for Media-/Digibook with bound Booklet as integrale Part of the Packaging

Spoiler

20220311_183247_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.b1255b16dcbd92b50277d4779d14678f.jpg

20220311_182414_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.19f3f4141554ffebe5bea8140d384e25.jpg

20220129_091749_copy_1209x1612.thumb.jpg.92ff545f89ccbea19994a797a4a93420.jpg

Two different Digipaks with Slip and Booklet

Spoiler

20211202_184103_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.d2c8d6ac457a231a893ce458e747236c.jpg

20211212_103105_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.ccd9f87e0be4d874a8199324c3c2b846.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, Mithrandir2320 said:

Examples for Media-/Digibook with bound Booklet as integrale Part of the Packaging

Hide contents

20220311_183247_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.b1255b16dcbd92b50277d4779d14678f.jpg

20220311_182414_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.19f3f4141554ffebe5bea8140d384e25.jpg

20220129_091749_copy_1209x1612.thumb.jpg.92ff545f89ccbea19994a797a4a93420.jpg

Two different Digipaks with Slip and Booklet

Hide contents

20211202_184103_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.d2c8d6ac457a231a893ce458e747236c.jpg

20211212_103105_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.ccd9f87e0be4d874a8199324c3c2b846.jpg

Thanks @Mithrandir2320 so all those WeET/CM/BFs, etc. editions I have such as Captain America Civil War, Spider-Man 3, The Goonies, Pet Sematary, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Spectre with their booklets are considered “special editions/collector’s editions” & NOT a digipak/digibook?

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Veum:

Thanks @Mithrandir2320 so all those WeET/CM/BFs, etc. editions I have such as Captain America Civil War, Spider-Man 3, The Goonies, Pet Sematary, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Spectre with their booklets are considered “special editions/collector’s editions” & NOT a digipak/digibook?

Yes, exactly. Nearly every Premium has a Booklet i think, but as a separable Addition  and not as fixed Part of the Disc Packaging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Greetings Rb GIF by Redback Solutions

@Gary K

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

awesome @cypheria078, that really makes me happy 😃

award_received_mediabook_collector_IgnitingLogo_green.gif.95eeb653aefef5d283cc34442cbc83dd.gif

Very cool to see all these different releases in this award. Most of the Steelbooks or especially the premiums I know or have, but here you see lots of stuff you never seen before. Keep them coming ☺️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

Greetings Rb GIF by Redback Solutions

@Gary K

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

awesome @cypheria078, that really makes me happy 😃

award_received_mediabook_collector_IgnitingLogo_green.gif.95eeb653aefef5d283cc34442cbc83dd.gif

Very cool to see all these different releases in this award. Most of the Steelbooks or especially the premiums I know or have, but here you see lots of stuff you never seen before. Keep them coming ☺️

Thanks so much!! 

Thank U Reaction GIF by Mauro Gatti

• Like 7