IGNORED

Top Gun: Maverick

notdan

Summary:
Training a detachment of graduates for a special assignment, Maverick must confront the ghosts of his past and his deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who choose to fly it.

Ratings (as of 6/25):

IMDb - 8.6

RT - 97%
Google - 96%

CinemaScore - A+

Edited by notdan
Added Details
  • Like 1

Have not seen the movie discussed much on the site!

I personally thought it was great. It leans heavily into callbacks and nods to the first, and the love story didn’t work for me, but the filmmaking and aerial stunt work more than made up for it. 

Some of the things they let Tom Cruise do are crazy. Without him this would have gone to streaming last year and that would have been such a shame!

Even though we are used to CGI by now and it can do some very cool stuff, I think our brains can tell when things are real. We can almost feel it. And they did so much practically in this movie that it really sucks you in. 

Hope everyone can get out and see it on the biggest screen possible!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The thing I loved about the sequel’s aerial scenes was how easy it was to follow the story & action. 

In the original, I thought it was tough to tell what was happening at times, the geography of the scene was lost. In the sequel, it’s so much easier to get invested in the action when you can tell what’s going on. 

This one’s going to be a day one purchase when it finally arrives on UHD Blu!