IGNORED

News From Star Wars Celebration 2022

GuyIncognit0

Alright, I figure it's time we get some posts going here as there is always a plethora of Star Wars news. Maybe we can also get this area of the site to be a little more active?

Star Wars Celebration 2022 was at the end of May and a bunch of announcements are usually made during the event. I'm going to list the major news along with any corresponding teasers/trailers below. At first I had the trailers listed below the actual news but it wound up being a formatting nightmare so they will instead be in a separate post below.

• "Andor", a Disney+ series centered around Rogue One character Cassian Andor, will premiere on the streaming service August 31, 2022. It will be a 12 episode series that takes place five years before the events of Rogue One
  • "Star Wars: Jedi Survivor", the sequel to the hit video game Star Wars: Fallen Order, was given a release date of 2023 and premiered a teaser trailer. Cal Kestis will continue to be the main protagonist.
  • Celebration attendees were given a first look at the Disney+ "Ahsoka" series. Some of this news may be considered a spoiler for some...
Spoiler

Live action versions of Sabine, Hera, and Chopper from Star Wars: Rebels were teased along with a mural of Ezra which may or may not mean he will make an appearance in the series

• A brand new show, "Star Wars: Skeleton Crew", was announced with Jude Law named as a headline actor. The show focuses on a group of 10 year old kids who get lost in the galaxy. It will take place around the same time as The Mandalorian and Ahsoka.  
  • "The Mandalorian" Season 3 was given a premiere date of February 2023. A teaser was shown at the event but not released to the public beyond that. 
  • "Star Wars: The Bad Batch" Season 2 will premiere "Fall 2022" on Disney+.
  • "Star Wars: Visions" Volume Two arrives Spring 2023. 
  • "Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi" will be a series of animated shorts showcasing known characters at various points in their lives. Ahsoka and Count Dooku were given as examples. Liam Neeson will also reprise his role as Qui-Gon Jinn

There are a couple of smaller news items from the event that are present in this article. This post is basically a summary of that article. 

Edited by GuyIncognit0
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gary K said:

Thanks @GuyIncognit0 for collecting the updates here.  I’m super excited about Ahsoka.   I’m a huge Clone Wars and Rebels fan and Ahsoka is shaping up to be a live action continuation of Rebels.  

so cool. 

I'm also looking most forward to Ahsoka. I just rewatched Rebels over the past month or two and think it might be my favorite series. It's just solid all around.

I found it interesting that they didn't mention Thrawn. If they are including all of these other characters then they would have to include him as well.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I'm also looking most forward to Ahsoka. I just rewatched Rebels over the past month or two and think it might be my favorite series. It's just solid all around.

I found it interesting that they didn't mention Thrawn. If they are including all of these other characters then they would have to include him as well.

Yeah I’m planning on rewatching Rebels soon.  It’s so good.  

id heard rumors of Lars Mikkelsen (who voiced Thrawn) playing the part of Thrawn, but that may have been debunked. 

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I did and really enjoyed it once it got going.  I like that it’s carved out it’s own identity when a an “A Team”/“Loan Wolf & Cub” hybrid thing.   

I also loved seeing Fennick and some clone wars and rebels characters reappear.  I always love seeing Cad Bane and his fight with Fennick was awesome. 

what did you think?

I feel the same way. The first few episodes didn't really grab me (although I thought Caleb Dume's appearance was fun). I also initially found Omega to be a bit annoying but she really grew on me as the show went on. I just appreciate the look into clone life post Order 66. Like you, I also enjoyed to occasional appearance of other characters like Fennec and Capt. Rex. 

I really need to rewatch that first season because I don't have a strong memory of the events. I can't even remember where they left the whole Crosshair storyline

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 8:10 PM, Sidewinder said:

Nice I had no idea Andor was a thing and coming so soon. Really need to catch up on my Disney+ Star Wars backlog - I'm up to date with The Mandalorian, but still need to watch all of Boba Fett + Obi-Wan.

I would temper your expectations for Boba Fett. It is definitely not their best work.

Honestly, in my opinion, I think that show was doomed from the start. It was always going to be difficult to meet fan expectations as people have built him up so much over the years. I think they are better off sticking to new and less established characters (i.e. The Mandalorian and Cassian) moving forward for that reason.

• Like 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy