IGNORED

The Green Knight (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

ShadowWarrior

I ordered the "Green Knight" Steel art.

I have the amaray for this film but have not yet watched it.

I've heard mixed reviews but since I'm a big fan of the subject material (I have the JRR Tolkien slip-case spec ed book) that I'm hoping it will entertain me.

I do not have much (if any) faith in Hollywood film productions as of late but on occasion, there's a glimmer of hope.

p.s. Zavvi is having an Arrow 40% off sale currently on 10 pages worth of editions.

I grabbed 6.

Perhaps you may find a nice treasure as well?  😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Has anyone seen the movie? The trailer looks appealing to me, but I’ve heard mixed reviews.

I'm still trying to decide myself. Beautiful film as per usual for A24. The storytelling was where I felt let down. A lot of vagueness behind motivations and relationships. Felt like they assume you're familiar with the legend, or really wanted you to fill in the blanks for yourself. It was like leaping from "this happened" and then "this happened" rather than feeling the plot developed. Cinematography, acting, and everything else lined up. Was at the very least an interesting/intriguing watch. 

mulder GIF by The X-Files

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have seen the movie. 

Classic english tale from the time of the knights of the round table. It's a journey with mystical elements and I'm sure the film will take advantage of 4k because of the magnificent photography.

it's a slow and contemplative film

• Like 5

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
10 minutes ago, RPedro said:

I have seen the movie. 

Classic english tale from the time of the knights of the round table. It's a journey with mystical elements and I'm sure the film will take advantage of 4k because of the magnificent photography.

it's a slow and contemplative film

Thanks, I don’t mind slow and contemplative at all. Makes a nice break from the never ending stream of action flicks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...