Top Posters In This Topic

• icewire

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Veum

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Catgirl:

Ja schon, nur ob es dann noch Kinos gibt........? 😞

Disney wirds freuen. Die wollen eh jetzt schon kaum neue Filme physisch releasen, um ihr Disney+ attraktiver zu gestalten.

Und genau diese Vollpfosten haben jetzt 20th Century Fox. Mahlzeit!😣

Edited by hal56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Catgirl said:

Yes, just whether there will still be cinemas ........? 😞

This is what I’m concerned about. This whole COVID-19 situation has really become a huge burden on the entertainment industry. At this moment I’m worried if movie theaters can survive after the dust has cleared. A lot of Theater companies was being reported as struggling to stay afloat before all the virus stuff. I’m going to stay optimistic, but on the outside looking in, the future of movie making is looking rather dark.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Disney will be happy. They hardly want to physically release new films anyway to make their Disney + more attractive.

And this is exactly what 20th Century Fox have now. enjoy the meal! 😣

I don’t believe this is completely true, while you’re right Disney wants their streaming service to be a huge success & they are slowly choosing to move away from physical media such as Blu-ray, dvds, etc, they will not be able to produce movies at the same cost if movie theaters die off.

Their is no way Disney can make a billion dollars off one film if there is no movie theater. If they can’t recoup huge profits then that means they will be forced to produce movies at lower cost which would then lead to us movie viewers being presented with movies of lower quality than what we have been accustomed to or another worse outcome which I won’t speak out loud.

• Like 3

Spoiler
26 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I don’t believe this is completely true, while you’re right Disney wants their streaming service to be a huge success & they are slowly choosing to move away from physical media such as Blu-ray, dvds, etc, they will not be able to produce movies at the same cost if movie theaters die off.

Their is no way Disney can make a billion dollars off one film if there is no movie theater. If they can’t recoup huge profits then that means they will be forced to produce movies at lower cost which would then lead to us movie viewers being presented with movies of lower quality than what we have been accustomed to or another worse outcome which I won’t speak out loud.

I’ve been waiting for a Quality film since Psycho, The Birds, etc.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Hollywood E Rock:

I agree with your POV/concerns, however, I feel that lower budgets wouldnt automatically mean lower quality. I take an excellent script with a story that nails me to the screen or challenges me anyday over a 200 Million Special Effects Orgy leaving me numb.

That said, I really hope that the situation improves because I am especially worried about the smaller studios worldwide. Disney will survive the crisis anyway and I dont wont them to swallow up more studios and be the longterm winner of the current crisis, blessing us with even more politically correct generic movie making while holding treasures bought from other studios hostage. The Strength of Cinema at large lies in its diversity and for that we need as many different studios in different countries as possible. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, hal56 said:

I agree with your POV/concerns, however, I feel that lower budgets wouldnt automatically mean lower quality. I take an excellent script with a story that nails me to the screen or challenges me anyday over a 200 Million Special Effects Orgy leaving me numb.

That said, I really hope that the situation improves because I am especially worried about the smaller studios worldwide. Disney will survive the crisis anyway and I dont wont them to swallow up more studios and be the longterm winner of the current crisis, blessing us with even more politically correct generic movie making while holding treasures bought from other studios hostage. The Strength of Cinema at large lies in its diversity and for that we need as many different studios in different countries as possible. 

episode 2 what GIF by Portlandia  sad jim carrey GIF

47 minutes ago, hal56 said:

I agree with your POV / concerns, however, I feel that lower budgets wouldnt automatically mean lower quality. I take an excellent script with a story that nails me to the screen or challenges me anyday over a 200 Million Special Effects Orgy leaving me numb.

That said, I really hope that the situation improves because I am especially worried about the smaller studios worldwide. Disney will survive the crisis anyway and I dont wont them to swallow up more studios and be the longterm winner of the current crisis, blessing us with even more politically correct generic movie making while holding treasures bought from other studios hostage. The strength of cinema at large lies in its diversity and for that we need as many different studios in different countries as possible. 

We are in a complete agreement. I should have been more clear, because I too prefer story over just Special Effects, but there are enough directors like Nolan, Spielberg, Cameron, Scorsese, Zemeckis, Scott etc who are not just making special effects orgies. They plus a few others are able to use special effects as a tool to also tell great stories. While these directors do have the ability to tell stories on a smaller budget their creativity would definitely be handcuffed if they are not allowed to push the blockbuster genre forward, because as of lately none of these directors are producing cheap movies. Their visions from my observation have become to big for smaller budgets films, but if things don't get better they may not have a choice.

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 2

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Hollywood E Rock:

We are in a complete agreement. I should have been more clear, because I too prefer story over just Special Effects, but there are enough directors like Nolan, Spielberg, Cameron, Scorsese, Zemeckis, Scott etc who are not just making special effects orgies. They plus a few others are able to use special effects as a tool to also tell great stories. While these directors do have the ability to tell stories on a smaller budget their creativity would definitely be handcuffed if they are not allowed to push the blockbuster genre forward, because as of lately none of these directors are producing cheap movies. Their visions from my observation have become to big for smaller budgets films, but if things don't get better they may not have a choice.

You are absolutely right. Let me add: these directors are the top players having made many high grossing movies, so they will prevail. My main  concern is for international directors working independently or for smaller studios.

Take France for example: I dont wanna miss out on new movies from Leo Carax, Arnaud Desplechin, Gaspar Noe, Jacques Audiard, Alexandre Bustillo....

There would be so many more examples from all over Europe and the world. They all work for smaller studios or independently and would be the first ones not being able to make their movies anymore.

Maybe Nolan and Co. would be compromised, then again, all of them made a few of their best movies on smaller budgets so I think they would really rise to the occasion.

At least that thought lets me look a bit more confident into the future.

• Like 3